Scratched Disk Shuts off my XBox 360

Discus and support Scratched Disk Shuts off my XBox 360 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just wanted to put this out there as I haven't seen it anywhere else. I have an Assassin's Creed disk. My husband played the game on our Xbox 360 a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Gabrielle Person, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Scratched Disk Shuts off my XBox 360

Just wanted to put this out there as I haven't seen it anywhere else. I have an Assassin's Creed disk. My husband played the game on our Xbox 360 a couple years ago. Today, I tried it and as soon as it starts to load, my screen goes black then the Xbox
    360 shuts itself off. I checked the disk. It's quite scratched up. Tried the same disk 4 times. Tried another disk and it played without issue. Took that one out while Xbox was still on, put in the scratched one and tried to load, and poof, Xbox is off.

I chatted with support and they seemed to agree it's the disk, but have never heard of my problem happening before. I got nothing when I googled it either. So there it is, a scratched disk can cause your Xbox 360 to shut itself off.

I'll send my husband for a new disk tomorrow. Sis manages a GameStop. I'll ask her to find us a good clean copy.

Gabrielle (wife to BackedCanine4)

:)

Gabrielle Person, Mar 19, 2017
  2. FnSamsquanch
    FnSamsquanch Guest
    need help with my 360s

i just recently bought a xbox 360s and as i was playing a game(black ops) the system over heated and shut off instantly. when it did this, it scratched the disk permenantly and is shutting off every ten minutes. i already am in the process if sending in
    my system to have it repaired but i was trying to find out if i could get my disk replaced since i didnt "MOVE THE SYSTEM WHILE IT WAS RUNNING?"

FnSamsquanch, Mar 19, 2017
  3. CaTaP1LL4Z
    CaTaP1LL4Z Guest
    MW3 Disk not working properly?

So my brothers MW3 disk is a bit scratched but that's never stopped us from playing? It read unrecognized disk, then I cleaned it and it became Mixed Media Disk I think, so then I shut the xbox off and turned it back on and the MW3 thumbnail was there, I
    clicked on it and it appeared to work up until about 5 minutes of running the game the error comes up saying it can't read the disk, I have cleaned it so many times and now I give up. I tried to install and it and no luck :/

CaTaP1LL4Z, Mar 19, 2017
  4. Scratched Disk Shuts off my XBox 360

In further research, we determined it was not the disk at all. It's the power brick. It's still odd that it acts this way on the one game. But it did so with 2 different disks and the downloaded version of the game. I took my 360 to my sister's house.
    She plugged it into her power brick and AC loaded off both of the disks without issue. On our power brick, I did not a red light just before the system shut down.

So we'll get a new power brick tomorrow and hopefully this will allow me to play Assassin's Creed.

Gabrielle

Gabrielle Person, Mar 20, 2017
  5. Gabrielle Person Win User

In further research, we determined it was not the disk at all. It's the power brick. It's still odd that it acts this way on the one game. But it did so with 2 different disks and the downloaded version of the game. I took my 360 to my sister's house.
    She plugged it into her power brick and AC loaded off both of the disks without issue. On our power brick, I did not a red light just before the system shut down.

So we'll get a new power brick tomorrow and hopefully this will allow me to play Assassin's Creed.

Gabrielle
  6. patrickmueller Win User

360 disks on xbox one

well the disks are scratched, but they work on xbox 360. so I would need a new disk?
  7. BeverageBrit Win User

Fable 2 loading bugs

1) Xbox 360 which only just arrived today

2) Can't find it

3) Can't find that either

4) Turned off and on again, waited for 1-1.5 hrs on the screen

5) Yes

6) knocked my ps4 controller and it hit the Xbox causing it the scratch against my disk but the scratches have been fixed
  8. CAMMofTHRONES Win User

Why are 360 games so fragile?

I dont mean this by any exaggeration but out of all of my 360s that have failed, I have never had 1 single issue with a scratched disk. If you are having issues with scratched disks then I would say its your 360 for sure. Is your 360 vertical or horizontal?
    If its vertical then that could be your issue. Try setting it horizontal and see if it reads the disk better.
  9. zack lewis Win User

Game disk not reading

try to clean the disk or get the scratches off
Thema:

1. Scratched Disk Shuts off my XBox 360 - Similar Threads - Scratched Disk Shuts

2. is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time

in XBoX on Consoles
    is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time: I have an xbox series x and I notice that it leaves some minor or too minor scratches to discs. The laser read them normally and I dont hear any grinding or weird noise from the disc drive. I can...
  3. I scratched all of the numbers on my gift card. I need help getting the numbers back.

in XBoX on Windows
    I scratched all of the numbers on my gift card. I need help getting the numbers back.: I need help getting the number back 7139f22f-9c6b-4025-9e34-f98021bb280c
  4. My Xbox Series S controller is not working the serial number is scratched off what do I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S controller is not working the serial number is scratched off what do I do?: Is there anything I can do my Xbox Series S controller stopped working the usb cable port is broken my serial number on my control is gone how do I get a replacement...
  5. My son scratched the first 2 digits off a fortnite gift card is there any way for this to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My son scratched the first 2 digits off a fortnite gift card is there any way for this to...: I’ve tried the Microsoft chat forum but the bot couldn’t help. I’ve seen chats where people said this can be resolved so hoping this is the case b5c04267-4f84-4367-b61a-564e9f1edf3d
  6. I’ve scratched the code on my voucher and can’t see the digits

in XBoX on Windows
    I’ve scratched the code on my voucher and can’t see the digits: Hi I got a gift card but scratched the card to much I can’t see all the digits 47156d5f-0b99-4b2a-976d-eabdc554f717
  7. My son scratched his code off the back of an Xbox gift card he received for Christmas. Is...

in XBoX on Windows
    My son scratched his code off the back of an Xbox gift card he received for Christmas. Is...: Need some assistance please and thanks. b4c6ae0a-20d7-4a8c-a468-cf1ef7524574
  8. Ring shaped scratch on the bitten of a disk after playing on new console, SPLINTERCELL ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ring shaped scratch on the bitten of a disk after playing on new console, SPLINTERCELL ...: My splinter cell blacklist ring around the bottom of the disk, after playing on a friends new console, it starts up but stays at loading screen then freezes, how do I fix or get in touch with the...
  9. Console Causes Large Circular Scratch On Disk

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console Causes Large Circular Scratch On Disk: I was about to start playing Red Dead Redemption, and I leaned over my Xbox to get to a disk case. During that, I ended up nudging the console a little, and after that the Xbox made a horrible...
  10. Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion disk has ring scratch in a really wonky place

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion disk has ring scratch in a really wonky place: I tried to load my oblivion disk in my xbox and it said open tray, so i check the disk and it has a ring scratch on it, fair play i say but that ring scratch isnt on the big part but on that...