Says I have a mic when streaming to laptop. Can't talk in party chat.

Discus and support Says I have a mic when streaming to laptop. Can't talk in party chat. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I was just getting done contacting customer support. They didn't have a fix for this issue and they suggested that I make a post here because the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Superpops01, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Superpops01
    Superpops01 Guest

Hi, I was just getting done contacting customer support. They didn't have a fix for this issue and they suggested that I make a post here because the devs will fix this issue.

So when I start streaming to my laptop, the party chat from my chat adapter is gone. I hear them through my laptop instead of my headset. Back then when I streamed, everything was fine. There were no problems with it. After the recent march update, I can
    no longer hear party chat and it says I have a mic on the laptop instead for some reason. I really hope there is a fix to this. Thank you!

:)

Superpops01, Mar 25, 2016
  2. Windows 10 Game Streaming Microphone Not Working!

So recently when Game Streaming through the Xbox App on Windows 10 I used to be able to talk to people with my microphone while game streaming in game chat and party chat, but after some updates, it no longer works and says no microphone detected! I've followed
    EVERY step in setting the microphone as a default playback/recording device and no success. I can use the party chat feature in the Xbox App but I can't use my mic while streaming which is frustrating!

xApollo Knight, Mar 25, 2016
  3. Headset says its connected no matter what

I was in a party when I realized that my mic wasn't allowing me to talk to anyone, but I could hear everyone just fine. After a few hard resets, unplugging the mic, and going from game chat to party chat, it still says that I have a headset plugged in,
    even when my controller, mic, and kinect are disconnected. I can hear everyone just fine, but they can't hear me

Mr Bubbles753, Mar 25, 2016
  4. Bestlano
    Bestlano Guest

Hi Au5, Thanks for reporting this issue. Please see if your can reproduce this issue by using the Xbox App (Beta). To DL go to the store on your PC and search for "Xbox App Beta". If the issue reproduces click the "Report a problem" located under happy face
    icon in the beta version of the app. I will call this out in our reports to the developers requesting an investigation,

Thanks for the feedback,

Best

Bestlano, Mar 25, 2016
  5. Bestlano Win User

Hi Au5, Thanks for reporting this issue. Please see if your can reproduce this issue by using the Xbox App (Beta). To DL go to the store on your PC and search for "Xbox App Beta". If the issue reproduces click the "Report a problem" located under happy face
    icon in the beta version of the app. I will call this out in our reports to the developers requesting an investigation,

Thanks for the feedback,

Best
  6. DomNic8891 Win User

Xbox Streaming Audio Issue

I'm having the issue of my headset having audio come through it just fine. The mic does not work in the xbox app. The mic itself works perfectly because I used it in steam and chatted with him. But when streaming and either joining a party or creating one
    I can hear my friends talk but they can't hear me. It's an issue with the app and it needs to be updated.
  7. Tatakai no Kami Win User

How many find this disturbing or ever noticed this?

[quote user="Tough Pro"]

How many have noticed when in game lobbies or anywhere,you have a mic it shows,of course? Here's the disturbing part, I'm sure some many may not have noticed. What about when you go in party chat with friends and you look at the lobby screen? What do you
    see? That's right ,the mic icon. What does it say? You have a mic. Now what about when someone thinks you are in the lobby and they are talking to you, but you aren't responding. Duh,you're in party chat with friends.You aren't gonna hear them. Do they know
    you're in party chat? No. Are their instincts gonna tell them look at your profile to find out you're in a party? Most likely,not. Most likely they'll just say that you must not wanna talk or whatever they feel like saying when you don't respond.What's the
    point here? The point is if you are in party chat,your mic should only be displayed in party and not to the lobby,so it don't confuse anyone trying to speak to you in the lobbies or a match. I find it very disturbing someone can be talking thinking you have
    a mic and you are ignoring them,but really you're in party chat. They should find a fix,so when in party your mic don't show in lobbies. Some might "Well stay in game chat.",but it's a gamer's choice to join a party with friends so they can hear each other
    better or be in game chat. It's just disturbing it would appear you are in a lobby with a mic if you aren't,because when in a party,it's almost as if you have no mic in the lobby or match area. You can't hear them,they can't hear you,so why should the icon
    falsely indicate that about you,while you are in a party?

What do you think? Anyone else noticed that or find it disturbing when in a party?

[/quote]Some games ( I think homefront is one of them) have a different Icon for party chat.
  8. ShiFty DetoX Win User

Is there a setting to *not* use the PC mic/headphones for party chat?

hey how did you use your mic in xbox app party chat in the first place? i launched "start a party (beta)" and it shows my mic, but i can't talk or hear anyone in the party chat. and my mic is the default recording device
  9. Tezzarrific Win User

A way to hear my microphone over remote play

nope, best way is plug in mic on laptop and use xbox party chat via gamebar, then obs can use that, or you could just stream via the xbox.
Thema:

1. Says I have a mic when streaming to laptop. Can't talk in party chat. - Similar Threads - Says mic streaming

2. If I buy a digital apex legends coins gift card that says it is for xbox one would I still...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I buy a digital apex legends coins gift card that says it is for xbox one would I still...: I would like to buy a digital apex legends gift card however it says that this card is only for xbox one and there is not a option for xbox x/s and I only have a xbox series s. I am wondering that...
  3. my email says it no longer exist but when i try to make a new account with that email it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    my email says it no longer exist but when i try to make a new account with that email it...: my email says it no longer exist but when i try to make a new account with that email it says that email already has an account with but. Also when i use my username to sign into my account it...
  4. New card says been redeemed I just scratched it today I bought it in December last year...

in XBoX on Windows
    New card says been redeemed I just scratched it today I bought it in December last year...: My new card says been redeemed by somebody else and won't let me check balance with code tell's me to contact customer support c8e332fc-d3c6-4dd4-a0dc-98d26ea5c155
  5. xbox says my mic is muted when settings say otherwise?

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox says my mic is muted when settings say otherwise?: i’ve already made a post about this but it was the wrong account. yesterday my wifi was down for a few hours but came back later that night. however ever since my xbox won’t allow me to use my...
  6. My mic has be sounding like a little kid and its hard for others to understand what im saying

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My mic has be sounding like a little kid and its hard for others to understand what im saying: My mic was perfect until now where it had me sounding like a little kid and its hard for others from the other end to understand what im saying 19bb26cb-3cf6-4481-be6d-865120dd38c8
  7. How do I change my mic monitoring when it says "Use your headset or other device to change...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I change my mic monitoring when it says "Use your headset or other device to change...: I got a new controller and played some apex then plugged in my headset, then after a while I wanted to change my mic monitoring but it's says "Use your headset or other device to change the...
  8. My Astro A40 mic works in discord, but when I go into Xbox party it says “we can’t find...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Astro A40 mic works in discord, but when I go into Xbox party it says “we can’t find...: I have an Xbox one S. I’m not sure why the mic works in discord, but not in the Xbox party. I don’t change anything when I switch, my mic isn’t muted but when I go to an Xbox party others can’t...
  9. People say my Tritton 720+ mic echoes

in XBoX on Consoles
    People say my Tritton 720+ mic echoes: My mixer box is hooked up to the Xbox One's Optical port. My mic wire is hooked up to the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter. The adapter's volume is pushed all the way to chat and the volume is all...
  10. People in my parties say my XBox One mic is making "static" noises

in XBoX on Consoles
    People in my parties say my XBox One mic is making "static" noises: Randomly people started saying my standard mic on XBox One is making weird cracking noises and its really annoying for them, does anyone have a fix? 5a284b0f-ac0a-4f97-a300-3f3eaa4c1d83