Says I can't start a new save, but don't know how to delete completed saves

Discus and support Says I can't start a new save, but don't know how to delete completed saves in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am looking to start a new save on Fable 3 (being played on an Xbox One X/S series) but already have the 5 slots used; how can I delete one or two of... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jess Van Son, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Jess Van Son
    Jess Van Son Guest

I am looking to start a new save on Fable 3 (being played on an Xbox One X/S series) but already have the 5 slots used; how can I delete one or two of these specific saves so I have one open?

:)

Jess Van Son, Dec 5, 2023
  2. Ryan [Limitless] Win User

Hi Jess, I’m Ryan.

As far as I know there’s unfortunately not currently any way to delete or clear specific saves in Fable 3, but you can reset your game save data/progress in Xbox settings. Just be sure to sign in to the correct account/profile.

Refer to:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/game-setup-and-play/cloud-game-saves-faq

You can manage your data for individual games through My games & apps on your Home screen. Here's how:
    On Home, select My games & apps.
    Highlight the game, press the Menu  button on your controller, then select Manage game & add-ons.
    Select the Saved data box, then choose the item you want to delete.

Hope this helps.
  3. Nicotene Win User

Can progress be reset?

Nevermind... I just deleted both save files.

How did you delete the saves. I want to start the game from the beginning as I never got round to it?

I've deleted the save on the XBox One but when I load up the game again it downloads a save from the cloud so can't start again.
  4. WildAttorney Win User

Dead rising 3 Level and weapon blueprints problem!

People! Your save is not gone. You simply did not allow the game to update 100%. There is a bug in the system that allows you to start the game before the update is complete. But if you do start the game, is doesn't show any save file. If you allow
    it to complete the update, your save file will be there. That said, if you started a new game while it was updating, i can't say what would happen.
  5. maxen Win User

Elder Scrolls Online keeps Freezing and Crashing! HELP

Hello Vurayy,

I don't think there will be saved data because the game is completely online, thus your progress is saved to their servers and not locally on your console.

As for the issue, have you tried deleting the game completely and reinstalling it from disc?

Let us know how you get on.
  6. Alkymist96 Win User

Fallout 4 Failing to Save Files

One account has four characters with 1 save each - this one cannot save at all. This profile has mods downloaded on some saves, but having mods or not doesn't matter in the sense that even characters run without mods can't create new saves without crashing
    hard.

The other account has maybe 8 or 10 saves across 4 characters (only 1 with a couple of mods enabled) and, last time I played, would save some of the time if you periodically delete auto saves and exit saves.

Neither account is that big - 200 MB at best. On one account, there are no saves left to delete without completely deleting the character.

Edit: Just checked. The first account has 45.3 MB of actual save data on disk, the second has 130.2 MB. Deleting existing saves to "free up space" as the game suggests does not fix the issue. And it's the account with the fewest MB of save data that's
    having the biggest problem.

There's also two blocks of "Reserved" space. One is sitting at 2 GB, the other at 0.3 KB. It's not clear what this space is for, but I believe it's for the downloaded mods. Can anyone confirm that? I really don't want to start deleting things if I don't
    know what they are.
Thema:

1. Says I can't start a new save, but don't know how to delete completed saves - Similar Threads - Says can't start

2. I can't play nba2k24 it says you must be online

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't play nba2k24 it says you must be online: I can't play nba2k24 it says you must be online 6a93b33f-c325-4807-87b2-f34cd175702f
  3. Help. Can't login to my account. Says I'm not connected to the internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help. Can't login to my account. Says I'm not connected to the internet.: I have been trying to log into my account for a couple of days now and I still cant get in. It keeps telling me im not connected to the internet but my router is working fine. I have tried...
  4. When trying to make group post it says that it has inappropriate content and I can't find...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When trying to make group post it says that it has inappropriate content and I can't find...: When I try to make a group post for Minecraft it says, "Let's keep it clean - remove inappropriate content, then try posting again." I can't find out what it is that makes my post inappropriate....
  5. Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now”...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now”...: Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now” but when I got into my back up account it works perfectly? 210c2e1d-b065-40b4-957f-8e6c59731f4f
  6. When I start an Xbox party or join one, the screen says "connecting" but I can't speak to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When I start an Xbox party or join one, the screen says "connecting" but I can't speak to...: When I start an Xbox party or join one, the screen says "connecting" but I can't speak to my friends. Then it removes me and says party chat disconnected. What can I do?...
  7. Hey when I went to the new rewards quest page on xbox it says' "try again later we can't...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hey when I went to the new rewards quest page on xbox it says' "try again later we can't...: My brother is able to use this app on his xbox but for me it is not working. Could someone help me? 8f44dc0b-c55b-40a6-a414-8a240d2a259e
  8. How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes: It's been saying this for 2 hours first we were playing then he left my party all of a sudden. When I tried to add him it said sorry can't save changes. His username is potato lata...
  9. Xbox Game Bar says "We can't show your friends right now. Try again in a bit."

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Game Bar says "We can't show your friends right now. Try again in a bit.": I've reset, terminated and repaired the gamebar many times. I've done the remove and reinstall through powershell. This started happening a couple of days ago and clicking refresh 4 or 5 times...
  10. I can't start or join parties on the Xbox app everytime I try it just says you are not in a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't start or join parties on the Xbox app everytime I try it just says you are not in a...: Additional info.. I have a Motorola g pure Yes, the app is updated 293531c0-32fb-4059-addf-c29ab867eb30