Saving to external HD no longer works

Discus and support Saving to external HD no longer works in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; As of a few weeks ago, saving to an external HD no longer works reliably. I can save one or two game sessions (COD) but then it no longer records. It... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Surge74, May 7, 2024.

1. Surge74
    Surge74 Guest

As of a few weeks ago, saving to an external HD no longer works reliably. I can save one or two game sessions (COD) but then it no longer records. It says “recording started” then stops.

I replaced the HD with a new one and freed up space on the main HD on the Xbox X.

Others have noticed this as well. Something broke, it was likely tied to the last xbox system update.

:)

Surge74, May 7, 2024
  2. Vertigo057 Win User

Is it safe to leave a seagate external hard drive plugged in all the time(Xbox One)?

I always keep my external HDs plugged in. I believe it goes into a sleep mode because even though the light on the HD is still on, it is no longer spinning.
  3. Azrael008uk Win User

Let's share what external you bought and give it a grade. (helpful for people shopping)

Seagate 4TB external HD is working a treat.

www.amazon.co.uk/.../ref=sr_1_1

I'd give it a 10/10 so far. Works perfectly and it's very easy to transfer saves both to and from the XBox Internal HD to the External one.
  4. Georges C. Win User

Recording 1 hour of gameplay on Xbox One X not working

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello PrismGod7, unfortunately with a pen drive you won't be able to do all that recording time.

For this to work and record longer times if you capture videos you have to connect an external HD with USB 3.0 to your Xbox One.

that's because a pendrive doesn't have the ability to read, write and create swap like an external HD.
  5. Theory of Game Win User

again, Please give us HD DVD support for use on Xbox one

You would need an external drive to play HD-DVDs, as the Blu-Ray drive in the Xbox One cannot possibly read the HD-DVD format. Since HD-DVDs are no longer being made, I'd say it's extremely unlikely that HD-DVD support will be added to the Xbox One.
  6. Blaze83 Win User

Games not registering downloaded DLC

I've formatted my hd and that worked, skyrim worked fine. Then I redownloaded mass effect leviathan and that worked! Tried again the next day and neither worked. Deleted mass effect off my hd, redownloaded skyrim and it worked and has done since. All my
    saves are on the cloud the only thing on my hd is skyrim installed game, the update and both dlcs. It's worked for 3 days on the run now. The next step is to start moving content from my external hd. Is it possible mass effects dlc is breaking other dlc?
Thema:

1. Saving to external HD no longer works - Similar Threads - Saving external longer

2. How do I download a game and save it to external storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I download a game and save it to external storage: It's not recognizing my phone is hooked up 514d0140-7277-4cdc-a56e-2413691971e0
  3. Syncing Save Data Gone

in XBoX on Consoles
    Syncing Save Data Gone: Stuck at 0% syncing on forza horizon 5 its happened twice now, all my progress is gone. I just had this happen with The Crew Motorfest last month, this is ridiculous its been happening since the...
  4. When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...: Help? Trying to re- add my sons friend so he can play minecraft with him but we keep getting a message saying " we cant save your changes right now try again in a while " after we've approved it ?...
  5. So when is tells me "where do you want your save game to be".

in XBoX on Consoles
    So when is tells me "where do you want your save game to be".: I pressed on this console instead of the cloud is there anyway for I to get it back or (22d 23h 20m) lost forever? I am currently trying to get back into a game but I may have lost all my progress...
  6. How to get my save file from xbox game pass and recover it?

in XboX Insiders
    How to get my save file from xbox game pass and recover it?: Im not sure if i should post it here or another subreddit but i found a post with a similar question so. I bought the xbox game pass on my pc and played it, specifically Persona 5 Royal is one of...
  7. Can I disable cloud saves? I'm out of room for saves on Starfield

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I disable cloud saves? I'm out of room for saves on Starfield: Using GamePass on PC, and I keep getting low storage warnings when I try to save. I know it's because the cloud save only allows 1gb of storage. I have deleted most of the save files, in the game...
  8. Transfer my game saves from XBOX One to an external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer my game saves from XBOX One to an external hard drive: Howdy, I want to transfer my old game saves data from my XBOX One onto an external hard drive. I have already formatted an external hard drive (EHD) to use but I can currently only copy the DLC...
  9. Is game data saved to external drive when moving games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is game data saved to external drive when moving games?: I just bought a 5 TB Seagate game drive for Xbox. I was surprised to find that it only stores games, and you have to move them to the Xbox 'S' in order to play them. My question is, if you play a...
  10. My Xbox 360 is no longer usable, but the external hard drives have many saved files for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 is no longer usable, but the external hard drives have many saved files for...: My Xbox 360 is no longer usable, but the external hard drives have many saved files for games I now play on Xbox One. How can I get my 360 files (external) onto my Xbox One?...