Saved progress form cloud gaming

Discus and support Saved progress form cloud gaming in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! I read that when you have started to play a game via cloud gaming the progress will be saved if you want to install the game instead because I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ChristinaVB, Aug 12, 2023.

1. ChristinaVB
    ChristinaVB Guest

Hi!

I read that when you have started to play a game via cloud gaming the progress will be saved if you want to install the game instead because I think my internet is to crappy for cloud gaming.

I have been playing a game now and want to install the game instead. I have saved my progress and im using the same account that I use when I played cloud gaming but can’t still find my progress.

The game is telling me to start a new game.

Am I doing something wrong?

:)

ChristinaVB, Aug 12, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello ChristinaVB,

I understand that you are having trouble with your saved progress from cloud gaming. This can be frustrating and I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

There are a few possible reasons why your saved progress may not sync properly with cloud gaming. One of them is that you may have a different version of the game on your console or PC than on the cloud. Another reason is that you may have a corrupted save file or a network connection issue. To troubleshoot this problem, please follow these steps:

- Make sure you have the latest version of the game on your console or PC and on the cloud. You can check for updates on your console or PC by going to My games & apps > Manage > Updates. You can check for updates on the cloud by launching the game and looking for a prompt to update.

- Make sure you are signed in with the same Microsoft account on your console or PC and on the cloud. You can check your account by pressing the Xbox button on your controller and selecting Profile & system > Settings > Account.

- Try deleting and re-downloading your save file from the cloud. You can do this by going to My games & apps > Manage > Saved data. Select the game, then select Delete everywhere. This will delete your save file from your console or PC and from the cloud. Then, launch the game again and it should download your save file from the cloud.

- Try resetting your network connection by turning off your console or PC and your router or modem for 30 seconds, then turning them back on. This may help resolve any network issues that may prevent your save file from syncing.

Xbox cloud game saves FAQ | Xbox Support

If none of these steps work, please contact us again and provide us with more details about your issue, such as the name of the game, the date and time of your last successful sync, and any error messages you may have received. We will do our best to assist you further.

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  4. Guilhem Darmo Win User

Stuck on syncing data: Forza Horizon 5

Is there a way to know if my game progress is saved on cloud ?

maybe it is saved on cloud because when you reinstall an Xbox game you get your progress black right?
  5. Shadowskill08 Win User

Xbox one games

The cloud is used for game progress saves, not for storing the actual title. So your Red Dead Redemption progress save is on the cloud storage, but the actual game is stored on your hard drive.
  6. SammyVS Win User

Cloud saves - can I recover an earlier save?

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

You have a progress file that is saved to the console and a progress file that is saved to the cloud. Your console progress file is automatically synced to the cloud and you have no way to access your cloud progress.

You can try deleting your cloud progress to try to bring up your previous progress but I think probably your cloud progress has already been synced with the progress you have on the console.

To erase your progress on the console press the menu button on the game icon and go to manage games and add-ons>saved data and delete the progress only from the console, open the game and your progress will be synchronized with the progress that is in the cloud.

If that doesn't work I'm afraid the progress has been lost and there's no way to recover. Sorry about that, mate.
Thema:

1. Saved progress form cloud gaming - Similar Threads - Saved progress form

2. After uninstalling forza horizon 5 I had to rebuy it. Will it save all my progress from before?

in XBoX on Consoles
    After uninstalling forza horizon 5 I had to rebuy it. Will it save all my progress from before?: After uninstalling forza horizon 5 I had to rebuy it. Will it save my progress from before? d09664e6-fd7e-445a-acea-c7df44884c34
  3. If I reset my console while keeping games and apps, will my save progress be deleted?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I reset my console while keeping games and apps, will my save progress be deleted?: Hello, Recently I had error E106. Downloaded and tried the offline system update OSU1 but had no luck, instead error E102 came up. I haven't tried to reset the console yet because i'm worried...
  4. Spyro the dragon not saving any progress

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Spyro the dragon not saving any progress: Hiya. I've recently purchased Spyro the Dragon. However , the game won't save any progress so everytime I try to play i need to start from the beginning, from 0%. This is super annoying. Any ideas...
  5. Lost all of my game progression due to a data save being full

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost all of my game progression due to a data save being full: While trying to get onto baldurs gate 3 I got a message saying the data save was full and I need to delete some data I reset my console thinking it would fix it instead when I booted it back up I...
  6. Forza Horizon 5 Save File Replaced with one with 0 progress

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 Save File Replaced with one with 0 progress: Had a good save file, then booting a fresh install on a laptop it started a new game for whatever reason, and it seems it wrote that save to the Xbox cloud. Even on Xbox where the game had the old...
  7. When are the progression,save,applying bugs going to be fix

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When are the progression,save,applying bugs going to be fix: Cannot progress,save,or apply things in forza motorsports ,black screen when trying to play multiplayer 8a547a46-50fc-436d-b22d-c2931fd642b1
  8. Can You Save Your Game Progress in Cloud Gaming?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can You Save Your Game Progress in Cloud Gaming?: It can often save your game progress in cloud gaming, and it typically works through cloud-based save systems offered by the gaming service provider. I tried to summarize the process of how cloud...
  9. Xbox Cloud Gaming - Lost Saved Games Progression

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Cloud Gaming - Lost Saved Games Progression: Was loading up a game of Starfield on my mobile after it had just crashed. Once the game launched after waiting in the queue the saved cloud data would not sync. I relaunched the game another time...
  10. Can I transfer an Xbox's game's progress & saves to a Steam-bought game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I transfer an Xbox's game's progress & saves to a Steam-bought game?: So I recently purchased Astroneer on Steam and I'm wondering if I am able to transfer my progress from Xbox to the Steam game. I have nearly 100% completion on Astroneer on the Xbox-bought game...