Save Data Not Syncing With Forza Horizon 5

Discus and support Save Data Not Syncing With Forza Horizon 5 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hoping someone here can help. I started Forza Horizon 5 yesterday for the very first time and played a few hours. I earned a few achievements. I didn’t... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Sam Stahly, Jul 27, 2023.

1. Sam Stahly
    Sam Stahly Guest

Hoping someone here can help. I started Forza Horizon 5 yesterday for the very first time and played a few hours. I earned a few achievements. I didn’t see a place to save progress, so everyone just said to exit the game. I went back to Home. I think I ejected the disc before quitting. Now today when I go to play, the game is starting me at the very beginning of the game again with the plane launches. The game is acting like I didn’t play yesterday at all. I see I have saved data when I go to the manage game section, but I don’t know how to sync it. I only get options to start the game and accessibility settings and that’s it. This is really frustrating. I really hope I didn’t waste hours of my time yesterday. This is why I don’t like cloud saving. I prefer a manual save that I can backup. If I can’t back it up manually I don’t know that it’s actually being saved. Can anyone help me??? Thanks.

:)

Sam Stahly, Jul 27, 2023
  2. Jose Martinez_22 Win User

How can I get my save data back

Hi Jojohd3, my name is Jose, and I would be happy to help.

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss of progress in Forza Horizon 5. It appears your save data has been lost or corrupted.

There are a few things you can try to regain your progress:

Check if you have a backup of your saved data. If you saved your save data to a cloud storage service, such as OneDrive or Xbox Cloud Gaming, you can try to restore it.

Try syncing your saved data with the cloud. Forza Horizon 5 saves save data to the cloud automatically, but there may be an issue with syncing. To try syncing your saved data, open the Settings app on your Xbox and follow these steps:

1. Select Games & apps.
    2. Select Games.
    3. Select Forza Horizon 5.
    4. Select Options.
    5. Select Sync Saved Data.

If you've tried all of these steps and still can't recover your progress, you can contact Forza Horizon 5 support for help.

Here are some tips to help you regain your progress:

1. Be patient. The troubleshooting process may take some time.

2. Be persistent. Don't give up if you don't get an immediate response.

3. Provide as much information as you can. This will help support investigate your issue.

I hope this helps you regain your progress in Forza Horizon 5.
    Jose
  3. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Sam, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.

Not a Microsoft employee.

I’m sorry to hear you’re not able to retrieve your previously saved progress in Forza Horizon 5. Let’s try to sort this out.

For this, you can try to force the latest progress available on the cloud by following these steps:

“ On Home, select My games & apps.
    Highlight the game, press the Menu  button on your controller, then select Manage game & add-ons.
    Select the Saved data box, then choose the item you want to delete”

Just make sure to not select “delete everywhere”. After that, restart your console and wait until the game fully synchronizes your data.

Additionally, I would like to let you know that even if your progress is uploaded to the cloud, your console still has local progress of it.

You can review this information and more by clicking below:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/game-s...
  4. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Forza Horizon 5 progress lost

There's one thing i can think of to try get your data back,

You'll need to install the Xbox App and then install Forza Horizon 5 from Gamepass Xbox App on to your PC/Laptop as all your save data is now stored somewhere on your PC/Laptop local storage,

Once done,

Launch Forza Horizon 5 from the Xbox App, not from Cloud Gaming and don't let the data sync as you'll have two different data saves, one is now local on your PC ( your main save data ), the other from the Cloud ( your new fresh start data ), you don't want to overwrite the save data that you accidentally saved to your PC's local storage,

The game needs to load the save data from your local storage on PC to get your save data back,

Once you've loaded FH5 from the Xbox App and you are in game,

You should be able to see everything back after you've done this, then let the game save and you can exit, and then try launch FH5 from Cloud Gaming, let the data sync/ sync to the cloud and you should have everything back, hopefully.
  5. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Forza Horizon 4 synchronizing Cloud Data fail, savegame lost

Hi there,

I'm guessing this it the first time you're playing Forza Horizon 4 on PC,

If you've lost your game data for Forza Horizon 4 on PC, having closed the game before allowing it to sync up, ( which it can take some time to do so ),

To make sure you've not completely lost your save data, I would load Forza Horizon 4 on you're Xbox console and see if your save data is ok on the Xbox, if it is ok,

I would then uninstall Forza Horizon 4 from you're PC, then reinstall it and allow it to fully sync up, which may take so time to do so , to see if it works / fixes the issue.

I'm not sure about the Windows 10 update, as I've not had to do any update's to Windows for Forza over the years of going back and fourth playing Forza Horizon 4 between Xbox and PC and having to sync every time i do so.
  6. Daft Badger Win User

Forza Horizon 2 Lost save

Your save is gone i'm afraid.

For some reason Forza 5/Horizon 2 sometimes have an issue syncing with the cloud server,will get to 99% & fail.

If you had tried to sync it again it would of synced properly or given you the option to use an older save.

I feel your pain,i lost a save with about 150 hours worth of gameplay on Forza 5
Thema:

1. Save Data Not Syncing With Forza Horizon 5 - Similar Threads - Save Data Syncing

2. Syncing Save Data Gone

in XBoX on Consoles
    Syncing Save Data Gone: Stuck at 0% syncing on forza horizon 5 its happened twice now, all my progress is gone. I just had this happen with The Crew Motorfest last month, this is ridiculous its been happening since the...
  3. In fh5 I got stuck on syncing data and got around it but now I lost all my save data

in XBoX Games and Apps
    In fh5 I got stuck on syncing data and got around it but now I lost all my save data: I had to end the gaming services task and then it let me cancel syncing but now I am starting over in the game ab344e0c-eecf-483d-8f2c-3de0ba2ab89d
  4. Xbox Series X not saving OR syncing data

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X not saving OR syncing data: I know this has been asked before but those threads have been locked and no answers were given. My Xbox Series X has not saved to my console or the cloud in 3 days. I know a ton of people are...
  5. my save data isnt synced in pc gamepass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my save data isnt synced in pc gamepass: My dead cells save data isnt syncing. i was playing on a different computer before, and now i cant find my save. can someone please help. 790730e2-0271-446d-88c0-06f6bdbb6199
  6. Anyway I can get my synced save data on subnautica

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anyway I can get my synced save data on subnautica: I’m not overly bothered weather or not I can get my save data for subnautica but whenever I try to play on subnautica the Xbox says ‘syncing data for subnautica’ then the syncing fails it is only...
  7. Trying to sync Minecract worlds, tells me minecraft can't save anymore data even though...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to sync Minecract worlds, tells me minecraft can't save anymore data even though...: Recently on my Xbox Series X all of my worlds are kind of old and they all needed to be resynced but when I try to resync a world it either tells me Minecraft cant store anymore data or it just...
  8. I Hope Xbox Considers Adding an Option to Manually Sync Save Data

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I Hope Xbox Considers Adding an Option to Manually Sync Save Data: Xbox Series X is my first experience with gaming on Xbox. After a year of gaming on it, I find that my gaming style doesn't really work well with a system that automatically syncs save data to the...
  9. Lost save data through sync issue?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost save data through sync issue?: I recently tried helping my wife's mom with setting up their Xbox and they accidentally used my account to set up a new character for them on Diablo 3, they didn't notice because it didn't pull...
  10. "We are unable to sync your data with the cloud at the moment." error when syncing save data

in XBoX on Windows
    "We are unable to sync your data with the cloud at the moment." error when syncing save data: I'm getting this error when I try and start Gears 5 and Ori and the Will of the Wisps. I understand that this is in the 'known issues' thread, but I have followed the troubleshooting steps in that...