Save data lost after reset

Discus and support Save data lost after reset in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Xbox series S was lagging (brand new btw) so I did the reset option that let's you keep games and data. I lost days of save data on Starfield. My... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Scott McCarty1, Nov 13, 2023.

1. Save data lost after reset

Xbox series S was lagging (brand new btw) so I did the reset option that let's you keep games and data. I lost days of save data on Starfield. My character is 10 levels below where i was before the reset. Yes, I was connected at the time. My saves should've ended up in the cloud, but is either not syncing or they just aren't there anymore. Any way to recover this? Makes me not want to play anything now.

:)

Scott McCarty1, Nov 13, 2023
  2. KhajiBower34 Win User

Hello Scott M, My name is Khaji I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear that you lost data in Starfield after performing a reset on your Xbox Series S. Losing progress can be frustrating, especially after investing time and effort into a game. While there is no guaranteed method to recover lost data, here are some steps you can try:

1. Make sure your Xbox Series S is properly connected to the internet and you are signed in to your Xbox Live account. Go to the "Manage Game" section of Starfield and check if there is an option to download or sync cloud saves. Sometimes manually syncing the cloud can restore previously saved data.

2. On your Xbox Series S, navigate to the "My Games & Apps" section, select "See All," and look for Starfield in the list. Press the "Menu" button on your controller (the button with three horizontal lines) and choose "Manage game and add-ons." Find the “Saved Data” tab and check if your cloud saved files are available. If so, make sure they are selected to sync.

I hope this can help, also in the future it is always a good idea to periodically backup your saved games to an external storage device or enable automatic cloud sync to minimize the risk of losing progress.

I understand that losing progress can be discouraging, but don't let that discourage you from playing. Sometimes mishaps happen and it's an unfortunate part of the game. Hopefully, you will be able to recover the lost data or find a solution to the problem.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  3. AndrewSimpkins Win User

Error while loading into every game

That's great to know AFTER performing every kind of reset and now lost all my data 🤬
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

forza 4

Hi Dimari,

When you re-install the game or if you delete the local saved data, then the cloud data will sync to the Xbox the next time you start the game. However if the game is still loading with no saved data even after syncing from the Xbox Live cloud then the data
    was possibly corrupted and erased due to an improper save or crash of the game during a save point and there would be no way of recovering that lost data.

You can perform a
    soft factory reset
    and try syncing the data again from the cloud but if that doesn't help then you will need to contact Forza Support on their support page or forums site and see what they can do:

5. FMBOURGEOIS Win User

Impossible to launch FFIX on Xbox One - error code 0X803f900a

All good indeed. After the reset it was no longer shown as installed and I had to purchase it. Data not lost. Thanks!
  6. yoloman00 Win User

My Offer for Midnight Club LA Is Not Valid In My Country

ive already called you guys and it was no help he told me to reset my xbox and i lost all of my profiles, games, save data, and game share data, and i need this data back and i cant get it back
Thema:

1. Save data lost after reset - Similar Threads - Save data lost

2. Lost saved game data - RDR2 (Xbox One Series S)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost saved game data - RDR2 (Xbox One Series S): During Summer holidays here down in Australia I decided I'd get back to playing Red Dead Redemption 2. I'd already completed the story once. Around a year ago I decided I'd try and do all the...
  3. Lost all of my game progression due to a data save being full

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost all of my game progression due to a data save being full: While trying to get onto baldurs gate 3 I got a message saying the data save was full and I need to delete some data I reset my console thinking it would fix it instead when I booted it back up I...
  4. Lost Baldur's Gate 3 save game data (I think) after the 12/21/2023 update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost Baldur's Gate 3 save game data (I think) after the 12/21/2023 update: When I booted up my xBox Series X this morning BG3 was in the process of updating. After it updated, I played for a while and then saved, completely exited out of the game, etc. About an hour...
  5. Lost saved data

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost saved data: for a game called “The Hunter Call Of The Wild” I lost my saved data files do to a problem with Xbox (deleted everywhere) and am wondering if there’s anyway someone could look into my deleted...
  6. Lost Cloud saved data in Starfield

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost Cloud saved data in Starfield: I've been encountering issues with my Starfield saved data syncing to the cloud on my Xbox Series S. To address some in-game bugs, I deleted my saves only on the console, leaving the cloud saves...
  7. In fh5 I got stuck on syncing data and got around it but now I lost all my save data

in XBoX Games and Apps
    In fh5 I got stuck on syncing data and got around it but now I lost all my save data: I had to end the gaming services task and then it let me cancel syncing but now I am starting over in the game ab344e0c-eecf-483d-8f2c-3de0ba2ab89d
  8. PvZGW2 save data lost after reinstalling

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PvZGW2 save data lost after reinstalling: I had PvZGW2 on my Xbox and the last time I played it was a while ago, at least a couple of years. I wanted to go back and play it again so I put my disc in but it didn’t work. No biggie it’s on...
  9. Wwe 2k23 lost save data

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wwe 2k23 lost save data: While I was downloading and installing the latest DLC, somehow all my saved data got erased, so all my caws, match history, everything. I can still see the custom Superstars when I go to play a...
  10. Lost all my save data in game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost all my save data in game: Hello! I lost all my 150 hour progress in Snow Runner and now my profile is lvl 1 instead of lvl 22 it was yesterday. Today I tried to backup my save file from directory (look at Pic1 in the...