Samsung UHD TV does not allow game mode when Xbox One X is in 4K

Discus and support Samsung UHD TV does not allow game mode when Xbox One X is in 4K in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a Samsung UN55HU6830. The TV allows game mode (the setting that reduces input lag) when my Xbox One X is set to 1080p, but when setting it to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by The Kerminater, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Samsung UHD TV does not allow game mode when Xbox One X is in 4K

I have a Samsung UN55HU6830.

The TV allows game mode (the setting that reduces input lag) when my Xbox One X is set to 1080p, but when setting it to 4K UHD the TV flips over to a different set of picture settings where one of the differences is that game mode is grayed out.

There's seemingly nothing I can do to enable 4K and game mode at the same time. I'm forced to play with horrendous input lag if I want 4K visuals. There's no way around it.

I tried doing the trick where you rename your HDMI source to "PC" to reduce input lag (even further than game mode) but it REALLY makes the picture look bad, in addition to locking the color space to Native (which is incorrect, should always be Auto). Kinda
    pointless to have 4K when everything else about the screen looks so much worse.

Only thing I can think of is going into the service menu to force game mode, but I'm kinda scared to mess something up.

:)

The Kerminater, Jun 30, 2018
  2. lhnam
    lhnam Guest
    Will Xbox One support H.265?

[quote user="cjhawkins3rd"]

I bought a Samsung UHD TV and run my Xbox One directly though the TV using HDMI. I use the TV optical out to my Sonos system for surround sound. I have found that I can stream UHD movies from my Samsung TV using Netflix. Apparently h.265 compression is
    built-in to the TV. My issue is that Netflix from the Xbox One does not support UHD (or 4K) at this point. Does anyone know if the Xbox will upgrade to support h.265?

[/quote]

I bought a Samsung UHD TV and run my Xbox One directly though the TV using HDMI. I use the TV optical out to my Sonos system for surround sound. I have found that I can stream UHD movies from my Samsung TV using Netflix. Apparently h.265 compression is
    built-in to the TV. My issue is that Netflix from the Xbox One does not support UHD (or 4K) at this point. Does anyone know if the Xbox will upgrade to support h.265?

[/quote]

lhnam, Jun 30, 2018
  3. Bobbykanoos0
    Bobbykanoos0 Guest
    Bobbykanoos0, Jun 30, 2018
  4. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest

Hi

I would first start by making sure the firmware on your television is fully up to date to see if this is something Samsung have added via a new firmware version. Also please be aware that this television looks like it is a 2014 model so the 4K features and
    the modes they are available in will probably be a little limited.

gds1972, Jun 30, 2018
  5. Christyna64 Win User

Best TV for XBOX ONE X

The LG UHD 4K TVs are really nice and capable of running 4K for the Xbox One X. They are a little more affordable compared to Samsung.
  6. lhnam Win User

Will Xbox One support H.265?

[/quote]

[/quote]
  7. gds1972 Win User

Hi

I would first start by making sure the firmware on your television is fully up to date to see if this is something Samsung have added via a new firmware version. Also please be aware that this television looks like it is a 2014 model so the 4K features and
    the modes they are available in will probably be a little limited.
  8. Dying Meme Win User

Best TV to play with xbox

With my Xbox One X I personally prefer a Samsung TV. I got one at Wal Mart for $200. It was a 43 inch UHD 4K Smart TV. At first I was concerned with the size being too small but later I realized it's perfect! I recommend Samsung to anyone with a One X!

Happy Gaming! 
  9. greg_window10_instal Win User

4k issues

Hello Spinhead82,

Things are still in a state of change in the land of 4K UHD and haven't quite settled out yet. Part of this may have to do with DRM (Digital Rights Management) and trying to lock things down when it comes to all this 4K digital plumbing. Not only is it the
    hardware, like needing to use HDMI 2.X cable. But, it's also the software. Does the firmware in the monitor/TV support the 4K UHD (HDCP 2.2)
    content coming from the attached device ("Checking your TV's 4K and HDR capabilities on Xbox One S")? Yes, the Samsung U28E590D
    can do 4K UHD, but does it support HDR10? HDR10 support seems to be a very important threshold when comes to connecting the Xbox One S to 4K UHD TVs. The current crop of 4K UHD monitors seems to be more directed to PC gamers. While, the Xbox One S is geared
    more toward lager format TVs. I'm sure that this is not the only list, but Windows Central has what it calls "Best 4K HDR TVs For Xbox One S".

Good luck and good gaming,

SA
Thema:

1. Samsung UHD TV does not allow game mode when Xbox One X is in 4K - Similar Threads - Samsung UHD does

2. Xbox Series S picture problems with the Samsung QE55Q80AATXXU QLED 4K UHD TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S picture problems with the Samsung QE55Q80AATXXU QLED 4K UHD TV: I've recently purchased a Samsung QE55Q80AATXXU 4K UHD QLED TV that supports 120hz gaming for the new consoles. I also purchased a Xbox Series S console a couple of days ago and I'm having...
  3. xbox series x with samsung- tv can’t support 4k uhd at 120hz

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x with samsung- tv can’t support 4k uhd at 120hz: my tv specs/settings are: -Samsung model UN65MU8000 -4k UHDtv -240 refresh rate -no hdmi ports on tv, requires AV receiver that came with TV and has 4 HDMI slots Picture-> Expert Settings...
  4. Samsung UNJS8500 not displaying UHD on XBOX One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Samsung UNJS8500 not displaying UHD on XBOX One S: I have a 55" Samsung UNJS8500 that I am connecting to an XBOX One S. When I turn the UHD setting "On" and use it with my Amazon Fire Stick or my Sony Blu-ray player, it works just fine. However,...
  5. Best Settings on Samsung 4K UHD 50'' TV (RU7100) for Gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Best Settings on Samsung 4K UHD 50'' TV (RU7100) for Gaming: I just bought a new 50'' 4K UHD TV (RU7100) along with Red Dead Redemption 2 for my Xbox One S. I was really excited to see how awesome the graphics would look on the TV but after countless hours...
  6. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Samsung ru7100 43 inch uhd 4k tv loses xbox signal

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Samsung ru7100 43 inch uhd 4k tv loses xbox signal: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Samsung ru7100 43 inch uhd 4k tv loses xbox signal I have enabled game mode and HDR plus signal on the tv. Even then it doesnt pick it up....
  7. Samsung HG40EA790MS: How to setup Xbox One X with a Samsung U32J590UQN 32-Inch 4K UHD Monitor

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: How to setup Xbox One X with a Samsung U32J590UQN 32-Inch 4K UHD Monitor: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: How to setup Xbox One X with a Samsung U32J590UQN 32-Inch 4K UHD Monitor Glad to see the issue may have been the incorrect HDMI port! Glad we could help!...
  8. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Samsung 8000series 4K UHD TV and XBOX One viewing

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Samsung 8000series 4K UHD TV and XBOX One viewing: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Samsung 8000series 4K UHD TV and XBOX One viewing Thanks for the above replies - will definitely try this tonight when I get home from work. Cheers!...
  9. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Xbox one and Samsung UHD

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Xbox one and Samsung UHD: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Xbox one and Samsung UHD Glad to hear it and you’re welcome. 7ce9ccca-79b3-488e-af03-57ee5dd2bde8
  10. Samsung - UE590 Series 28" LED 4K UHD Monitor - Black

in XBoX on Consoles
    Samsung - UE590 Series 28" LED 4K UHD Monitor - Black: Hello will this 4K monitor support my Xbox One X with full 4K + HDR. I’m looking to go pick up my Xbox One X today with this monitor since it’s in stock! Link to monitor:...