Samsung TV turns off while playing Xbox One

Discus and support Samsung TV turns off while playing Xbox One in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, the TV my brother plays on turns off sometimes when he plays Xbox One. It never does this when we are doing other things on the TV like watching... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by VakamaMetruNui, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Samsung TV turns off while playing Xbox One

Hello, the TV my brother plays on turns off sometimes when he plays Xbox One. It never does this when we are doing other things on the TV like watching a Blu-Ray or live TV, only when he's playing the Xbox. It also doesn't reliably turn off at a certain
    time. It definitely seems like it won't do it for a couple of hours, but sometimes he can play for longer without it happening. My question basically is, is this the fault of the TV or the Xbox? We got the Xbox on launch day and the TV is a Samsung from almost
    10 years ago.

Any help would be much appreciated.

:)

VakamaMetruNui, Jul 15, 2016
  2. TV and Surround Sound Setup

Hello, I have a question involving setting up my Xbox One to turn on and off my TV and my Surround Sound system. My current setup is through HDMI and it goes from the Xbox One to my Pyle Surround sound system then from the Pyle Surround Sound system to my
    Samsung Smart TV. I have tried numerous times to set it up so that when I turn on my Xbox One everything turns on, and when I turn off my Xbox One everything turns off. How would I make this work? I would also like to be able to control the volume of the Pyle
    Surround Sound system from my Xbox One if possible.

Samsung TV Model Number - UN55H6300AF

Pyle Surround Sound Model Number - PT590AU

Xbox One (HDMI) -> Pyle System (HDMI)-> Samsung Smart TV (HDMI)

A N G 3 L Z 3, Jul 15, 2016
  3. SniCkeRz1324
    SniCkeRz1324 Guest
    Xbox one tv doesn't power on with start up

As of recently whenever I turn on my Xbox the tv doesn't turn on with it. This was not an issue before and nothing in my settings has changed. I have a 40 in Samsung model LN40D630M3F. I tried having the tv on prior to turning on the xbox to see if there
    was any signal being sent and it resulted in the tv turning off with start up. Doing the opposite, I tried turning the console off while having the tv already off and the tv didn't turn on. It seems the Xbox can only turn the tv off.

Any one with a similar issue or a way to fix?

SniCkeRz1324, Jul 15, 2016
  4. Samsung TV turns off while playing Xbox One

I'm leaning towards the TV being at fault since it's (as you say) about a decade old. But let's try a few things first...

Do you have an IR emitter or Kinect that controls the TV? If so, I'd give your console a

power cycle
    -- maybe the idle timer isn't currently working correctly when he plays a game. Also, I'd unplug it while he's playing to see if the Kinect/IR-Emitter was really turning off the TV. If not, then just give your console a power cycle anyway.

Does your TV have more than one HDMI input? If so, try plugging the Xbox into another HDMI input on the TV.

Do you have another TV in the house to play the Xbox One on? See if it can play games without any interruptions.

Try one thing at a time and play a game as normal so we can figure out what's causing the problem.

Report back later with results! Hope it helps.

Internet Expert, Jul 15, 2016
  5. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest
    Hi to add to what has already been said above check if your TV has any power save setting that will automatically switch the tv off if no buttons have been pressed for a certain period of time.

gds1972, Jul 15, 2016
  6. EggsBoxJuan
    EggsBoxJuan Guest
    Hi, it's worth checking the settings on the Xbox, if you look in settings/ all settings/ display & sound/ video output.

Check that the Tv connection option is set to Auto, if it is already set to Auto try changing it to HDMI and see if the issue persists. If none of that helps and the Tv has an option to restore to factory settings then give that a shot.

EggsBoxJuan, Jul 15, 2016
  7. Qwertei
    Qwertei Guest
    It could be possible the TV / Monitor is experiencing insufficient power and that may be the reason it turns off. Tell me does your TV / Monitor connect to the same power source as your console (Or any other product that sucks back electricity Router, Modem,
    Phone chargers etc) and does the TV / Monitor use a power extension cord? If so then that could force shut down.

Qwertei, Jul 15, 2016
  8. Samsung TV turns off while playing Xbox One

Hello, I thought I would check in to report on my progress so far. I don't have an IR-emitter and don't got the Kinect plugged and we have power cycled the console in the past for other reasons and it still will turn off or blink.

We tried switching the HDMI yesterday but it still blinked so that is not the problem.

I had checked my TV settings before for some kind of timer and I don't think it actually has one.

And to answer the question as far as power, the TV, Xbox, surround sound, Blu-Ray player and Cable box are all plugged into the same surge protector. It also does not use an extension cord.

I will be trying some of the other suggestions today.

VakamaMetruNui, Jul 16, 2016
  9. Qwertei
    Qwertei Guest
    When did this start happening? As soon as you bought a Xbox one? Hooked everything into the same outlet / Surge protector or was this just recently? After an update?

Because from what you are telling all of us is everything is connected to the same outlet draining the fuse for the specific area of the house / apartment etc therefore you'll experience outages.

Qwertei, Jul 16, 2016
  10. It didn't start right away, but fairly early on, about early February of 2014. It might have been after an update but I don't remember.

I forgot to mention that it turning off isn't the only way it messes up, sometimes it will act like it isn't receiving a signal and then you have to turn it off and back on again to get the picture back. Not sure if that will tell anyone anything. I switched
    the Xboxes last night so I'm still testing that.

VakamaMetruNui, Jul 17, 2016
  11. Qwertei
    Qwertei Guest
    Does your console turn off as well or is it the Tv only? I currently recommended spreading things out to a different outlet close by if you just said it is recently been happening then it looks like it's not receiving the amount of power it requires to continue
    running.

Another thing you can do is set the console to power saving Settings - Power & Start up - Power mode & Start up - Power mode - Instant on - Energy-saving

Qwertei, Jul 17, 2016
  12. No, the Xbox is perfectly fine, only the TV turns off. I also already have the console set to energy saving.

Switching Xboxes didn't help and I did now try plugging the TV into another outlet. It hasn't blinked or turned off as of yet but if has flashed green a few times. My guess is that it is the TV, but I'll probably test it a little more.

VakamaMetruNui, Jul 18, 2016
  13. Qwertei
    Qwertei Guest

Can you try to use the Tv connected to a different outlet that will most likely fix it.Thanks

Qwertei, Oct 31, 2018
  14. Qwertei Win User

It could be possible the TV / Monitor is experiencing insufficient power and that may be the reason it turns off. Tell me does your TV / Monitor connect to the same power source as your console (Or any other product that sucks back electricity Router, Modem,
    Phone chargers etc) and does the TV / Monitor use a power extension cord? If so then that could force shut down.
  15. VakamaMetruNui Win User

No, the Xbox is perfectly fine, only the TV turns off. I also already have the console set to energy saving.

Switching Xboxes didn't help and I did now try plugging the TV into another outlet. It hasn't blinked or turned off as of yet but if has flashed green a few times. My guess is that it is the TV, but I'll probably test it a little more.
  16. VakamaMetruNui Win User

Hello, I thought I would check in to report on my progress so far. I don't have an IR-emitter and don't got the Kinect plugged and we have power cycled the console in the past for other reasons and it still will turn off or blink.

We tried switching the HDMI yesterday but it still blinked so that is not the problem.

I had checked my TV settings before for some kind of timer and I don't think it actually has one.

And to answer the question as far as power, the TV, Xbox, surround sound, Blu-Ray player and Cable box are all plugged into the same surge protector. It also does not use an extension cord.

I will be trying some of the other suggestions today.
  17. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Hi, it's worth checking the settings on the Xbox, if you look in settings/ all settings/ display & sound/ video output.

Check that the Tv connection option is set to Auto, if it is already set to Auto try changing it to HDMI and see if the issue persists. If none of that helps and the Tv has an option to restore to factory settings then give that a shot.
  18. Internet Expert Win User

I'm leaning towards the TV being at fault since it's (as you say) about a decade old. But let's try a few things first...

Do you have an IR emitter or Kinect that controls the TV? If so, I'd give your console a

power cycle
    -- maybe the idle timer isn't currently working correctly when he plays a game. Also, I'd unplug it while he's playing to see if the Kinect/IR-Emitter was really turning off the TV. If not, then just give your console a power cycle anyway.

Does your TV have more than one HDMI input? If so, try plugging the Xbox into another HDMI input on the TV.

Do you have another TV in the house to play the Xbox One on? See if it can play games without any interruptions.

Try one thing at a time and play a game as normal so we can figure out what's causing the problem.

Report back later with results! Hope it helps.
Thema:

1. Samsung TV turns off while playing Xbox One - Similar Threads - Samsung turns off

2. Bug Achievements Samsung TV

in XboX Insiders
    Bug Achievements Samsung TV: The green pop up not show up on my Samsung TV QN90A from Sweden in Xcloud when i get achievement. I must often reset my Samsung TV QN90A often with latest update to Xcloud. Please resolve the bug....
  3. When i turn on my TV my universal samsung remote turns it on is there a way i can have the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When i turn on my TV my universal samsung remote turns it on is there a way i can have the...: When i turn on my TV my universal samsung remote turns it on is there a way i can have the universal remote on but make it not turn the xbox on automatically e21fbfc3-ffcb-4286-81cb-7961b8e3e7eb
  4. Game mode turns off every 5 minutes on Samsung TV. Has anyone had this issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game mode turns off every 5 minutes on Samsung TV. Has anyone had this issue?: Game mode turns off every 5 minutes on Samsung TV. Has anyone had this issue? ae858663-6613-42e8-b668-1a78ae9b0c14
  5. when i plug my xbox one s to my tv samsung smart he turn off why

in XBoX on Consoles
    when i plug my xbox one s to my tv samsung smart he turn off why: when i plug my xbox one s to my tv samsung smart he turn off why 4418616f-62f4-4cfa-93fc-d82112f42b6b
  6. Why does my Samsung universal remote turn off my Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Samsung universal remote turn off my Xbox?: I have multiple TVs in my basement, and when I turn on my Samsung TVs it turns off my Xbox, and I don’t know how I’d fix it, because my Xbox is plugged into a monitor not the Samsung tv....
  7. My Xbox won’t turn with Samsung tv remote or app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox won’t turn with Samsung tv remote or app: My xbox one x was able to be turn on by samsung remote by going ove hdmi imput or app i just got series X copied all my setting and my samsung tv wont turn it on but Series X will turn off samsung...
  8. : Xbox won’t turn on my Samsung un82mu8000 tv and it can’t find the model number for the code

in XBoX TV Hardware
    : Xbox won’t turn on my Samsung un82mu8000 tv and it can’t find the model number for the code: : Xbox won’t turn on my Samsung un82mu8000 tv and it can’t find the model number for the code Xbox won’t turn on my Samsung un82mu8000 tv and can’t find the model number...
  9. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Black Screen for games when I turn on HDMI UHD Color

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Black Screen for games when I turn on HDMI UHD Color: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Black Screen for games when I turn on HDMI UHD Color I have a Samsung 4K UHD HDR TV - model number UN49MU7000. When I turn on the HDMI UHD Color for the port my...
  10. Xbox One Elite Console, Wont turn on Samsung sound bar, takes 2 commands to mute/volume ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Elite Console, Wont turn on Samsung sound bar, takes 2 commands to mute/volume ...: I had a day one edition of Xbox and it used to turn my Samsung Sound Bar HW-F450 On and off when I started the console no problem. When I would tell my Xbox to turn the volume up thought I had to...