Samsung tv not allowing me to access Xbox Home Screen with Xbox remote

Discus and support Samsung tv not allowing me to access Xbox Home Screen with Xbox remote in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have a Samsung 75” crystal UHD tv. I hooked my Xbox one to the hdmi port 1 and can see that the tv detects the Xbox. When I try to access the Xbox,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Rollin Afati, Feb 21, 2024.

1. Rollin Afati
    Rollin Afati Guest

I have a Samsung 75” crystal UHD tv. I hooked my Xbox one to the hdmi port 1 and can see that the tv detects the Xbox. When I try to access the Xbox, instead of going to the hdmi1 source, it goes to the Xbox one app and I am not able to use my Xbox remote to control the Xbox. When I choose the hdmi 1 source I am still not able to control the Xbox one with the Xbox remote. My Samsung tv remote can control the Xbox Home Screen but nothing else. I’ve tried to pair the Xbox one remote with the tv to try and get it to play, but I can only access the tv options (volume up/down, channels, etc.). I am not able to play games from the console and I do not want to utilize the gaming hub option on the tv at all. Why can’t I get the Xbox remote to control the Xbox one when it’s hooked up to this Samsung tv?

I’ve tried resetting the tv to factory settings, pairing and unpairing the Xbox remote to both the tv and the Xbox, switched the hdmi cord to all available ports, turned game mode on and off, removed Xbox from universal remote settings, hard resetting the Xbox one console… all several times.

:)

Rollin Afati, Feb 21, 2024
  2. Miguel Molina O Win User

Xbox One keeps switching itself on

Hi, and thanks for reaching out. My name is Miguel O., Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue!

You need to remove your Xbox One from Samsung TV's Universal Remote

1. Grab your Samsung TV remote and hit the home button.

2. Navigate left to the sources section.

3. In the sources menu, move right to the Universal Remote section.

4. Here, you should see all the devices currently integrated with your TV.

5. Navigate to your Xbox One and press up to access the menu.

6. Hit delete.
  3. TAHER TAHER1 Win User

Xbox performing actions by itself

Check other remotes aswell such as smart tv remote or home sorround system remote sometimes they sync to your xbox one and allows controll from them
  4. Belen T.C. Win User

Wired headset Samsung tv?

Hi Ray,

Thank you for responding and I appreciate the added details. To clarify, when you meant the Headset is connected to the remote, are you referring to the Samsung TV remote? If yes, you may need to contact Samsung Support (Support Home | Official Samsung Support US) or Turtle beach (Turtle Beach® - Contact Us) to check if their headset is compatible with Samsung TV remote.

In the meantime, we highly suggest using the headset on Xbox One controllers since Turtle beach headsets are compatible with Xbox controllers.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. dempup Win User

Xbox One S tanning of and on TV

Hi there.

Thank you for reaching out to the forum. To disable the Samsung Universal Remote Feature, follow this guide.

• On your Samsung TV remote, hit the home button.

• Navigate left to the sources section.

• In the sources menu, move right to the Universal Remote section.

• Navigate to your Xbox One and press up to access the menu.

• Press delete.

Hope that solves your issue.

6. ArminatorX Win User

Screen Run Off

If games appear to be cut off around the edges and seem "larger" than the TV screen, your TV uses Overscan. To disable that, try to enable "Game mode" on your Samsung TV.

Since you don't tell us the exact make and model (e.g. Samsung UE43ABC6300) we can't find the user manual for the TV to guide you.

But if you have the user manual for your TV at home, try looking for the Game Mode setting.

On my Samsung you press the Menu button on the remote and go to "System". Go to "General" and turn on "Game Mode".
Thema:

1. Samsung tv not allowing me to access Xbox Home Screen with Xbox remote - Similar Threads - Samsung allowing access

2. Wireless display (xbox series s) won't work between my tablet samsung s6 lite and samsung s21+

in XBoX on Windows
    Wireless display (xbox series s) won't work between my tablet samsung s6 lite and samsung s21+: When i try to use smat view on the devices the app on the series s loads just a little bit and then stops. I don't know what to do 263c8077-b8b6-4253-97a4-464060b952d1
  3. Samsung HW-S60B soundbar connected to earc on Samsung qn90b with xbox series x dolby atmos...

in XboX Insiders
    Samsung HW-S60B soundbar connected to earc on Samsung qn90b with xbox series x dolby atmos...: If i just use the tv volume the dolby atmos works perfectly. As soon as i engage qsymphony, the awful audio lag comes back. Even when sound only goes thru soundbar.. same audio LAG is there. I’ve...
  4. Xbox Series X Random Black Screen with Samsung S95C

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Random Black Screen with Samsung S95C: Hello, This problem was first noticed while playing Mortal Kombat 1 on Xbox Series X with a Samsung S95C OLED. Randomly, the screen will go black, but then come back on within a few seconds in...
  5. Reset XBOX now won't connect to Samsung smart TV

in XBoX on Windows
    Reset XBOX now won't connect to Samsung smart TV: I recently did a reboot of my Xbox (unplug for two minutes, hold down power button) to clear the cache for a fortnite issue. This included unplugging everything from the back of the Xbox. Plugged...
  6. Issues with my SAMSUNG LU32J590UQPXXU

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with my SAMSUNG LU32J590UQPXXU: I have a SAMSUNG LU32J590UQPXXU monitor hooked up to my Xbox Series X. It's a 4K gaming monitor and yet the Xbox is telling me it doesn't support 4K or any of the benefits that come with that. I...
  7. Why can't I install minecraft on my Samsung galaxy A14 even though I do all the comon ways...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I install minecraft on my Samsung galaxy A14 even though I do all the comon ways...: I can't get minecraft on my Samsung galaxy A14 but it gives me an error every time and I have tried all the common was to fix it but it won't work fa98b81c-b4fd-4be3-be0e-1ee1f5b028e3
  8. : Allow auto-low latency mode grayed out connectiong to Samsung TV RU710D

in XBoX TV Hardware
    : Allow auto-low latency mode grayed out connectiong to Samsung TV RU710D: : Allow auto-low latency mode grayed out connectiong to Samsung TV RU710D I would use the HDMI cable that came with the Xbox One, Third Party cables can be hit or miss depending on there quality,...
  9. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Allow 50hz/24hz on or off?

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Allow 50hz/24hz on or off?: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Allow 50hz/24hz on or off? Hi, The days of U.S NTSC 60Hhz European and PAL 60 are long behind when it comes to gaming on the the Xbox One console. All games on...
  10. Samsung UHD TV does not allow game mode when Xbox One X is in 4K

in XBoX on Consoles
    Samsung UHD TV does not allow game mode when Xbox One X is in 4K: I have a Samsung UN55HU6830. The TV allows game mode (the setting that reduces input lag) when my Xbox One X is set to 1080p, but when setting it to 4K UHD the TV flips over to a different set of...