Sad face showing on install/play button

Discus and support Sad face showing on install/play button in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have an active gamepass subscription and wanted to play Sea of Thieves 2023 Edition. I downloaded it and it was working fine, but one day I changed... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SomeoneElse_1182, Apr 4, 2023.

1. Sad face showing on install/play button

I have an active gamepass subscription and wanted to play Sea of Thieves 2023 Edition. I downloaded it and it was working fine, but one day I changed my gamertag and now a sad face shows up on the install/play button and won't let me do either. Restarting my pc did not work to solve the issue

:)

SomeoneElse_1182, Apr 4, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good afternoon

The sad face on the install/play button in Sea of Thieves 2023 Edition indicates that there is an issue preventing the game from launching. Since you changed your gamertag, it's possible that the game is having trouble recognizing your account.

Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

Make sure you are signed in to the correct Xbox account associated with your Game Pass subscription.

Check for any available updates for the game and your Xbox app, and install them if needed.

Try resetting the Xbox app by going to Settings > Apps > Xbox > Advanced options > Reset.

Uninstall and reinstall the game. To do this, go to Start menu > Settings > Apps > Sea of Thieves 2023 Edition > Uninstall.
  3. Roberto Jimenez Fern Win User

Sad face on install button

Hi Manuela!

Windows 10

Just the sad face, no other error code or anything.

I just installed the XBOX app today so it should be updated.

Checked Windows Update, all good.

I'll try the other alternatives you mentioned tomorrow.

Thanks!
  4. WattyNuela Win User

Hi Roberto, this is Manuela!. I'm an Independent Advisor ready to assist you with this

But before that please tell me:

Are you on Windows 10 or 11?
    Besides the sad face, do you receive an error code or is just the sad face?
    Do you know if your system or any app related to Xbox received an update recently?

If maybe you don't know if your PC and apps are up to date, please first try to update everything

You can check for windows updates via PC Settings > Update & Security > Windows update
    And you can check for app updates opening the Microsoft store

If everything is up to date or if even after updating everything the same problem occurs, please try each possible solution below:

1. Open task manager and go to the startup tab, once there click "disable" on each app listed there
    After that Restart the PC and see if the problem is solved

2. Do a clean boot in your Windows PC. For that please follow this article
    https://support.microsoft.com/topic/how-to-perf...
  5. WattyNuela Win User

Hi again Roberto :blush:
    Let me know the results once you're able to try the possible solutions above

I'll be waiting for your feedback
  6. liel ba Win User

A sad face in place of the install button

I do not think so I have no updates

And I tried it didn't work
Thema:

1. Sad face showing on install/play button - Similar Threads - Sad face showing

2. Assassin's Creed Valhalla gives me a sad face when I install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Assassin's Creed Valhalla gives me a sad face when I install: Recently moved which account is linked with Xbox and ubisoft. All the old games show up on the new Ubisoft account, and Ubisoft shows the correct xbox account. However, when push install on AC:...
  3. Xbox Game Pass game install button shows sad face. HELP!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass game install button shows sad face. HELP!!: Cant install Assassins Creed Valhalla which is available as part of XBox Game Pass. Install button just shows a sad face. I have tried resetting the Xbox app and Store app. I have tried myriad of...
  4. Why is there a sad face next to my PC clips on Xbox game bar?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is there a sad face next to my PC clips on Xbox game bar?: For some reason there is a sad face next to my clips on my PC Xbox game bar. 06c47bdc-c177-44c7-a3cc-4f3cff4dc133
  5. A sad face in place of the install button

in XBoX Games and Apps
    A sad face in place of the install button: I tried to download Minecraft Launcher on Xbox PC but where the install button is there is a sad face. I have Windows 11. I try resetting, repairing and updating the Xbox and Microsoft store. I...
  6. Sad face with Xbox application

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sad face with Xbox application: Good afternoon, I got a new computer and installed Xbox application again, but still time I can't install games and get the sad face every time. This is what I tried: 1. Log in with same...
  7. sad face on games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    sad face on games: Hi, For some reason I have a sad face on all the games that I try to install from the Xbox app even though I have a game pass Can you please help Thansk Phillip...
  8. Sad face over my downloads icon in game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sad face over my downloads icon in game pass: So no matter what trouble shooting I do with resetting, uninstalling, or even the Microsoft store nothing works. Not sure what to do with this issue with resources found online...
  9. Sad face on install button

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sad face on install button: When I try to install any game, I get a sad face : ( where the INSTALL should be. I have my Game Pass Ultimate suscription OK and running, no issue there. I tried reloging, I also tried going to...
  10. Down loads will not show, just keep getting a sad face Jigsaw piece

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Down loads will not show, just keep getting a sad face Jigsaw piece: I cannot get into my Jigsaws anymore. Cannot download any more. I have tried everything, has Microsoft stopped this down loads now. 51ebd978-d4f2-4c4a-a54f-34913730011b