rvu 2.0 for Directv

Discus and support rvu 2.0 for Directv in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; “RVU 1.0 has been extremely successful in launching the Remote User Interface concept to a mass market” The first products supporting the new RVU 2.0... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by chintu, Jan 6, 2014.

1. chintu
    chintu Guest

rvu 2.0 for Directv

“RVU 1.0 has been extremely successful in launching the Remote User Interface concept to a mass market”

The first products supporting the new RVU 2.0 specification will roll out in the first quarter of 2014 and will be demonstrated at CES 2014. The RVU 2.0 specification builds on the success of the original RVU 1.0 standard by adding support for the HTML5
    Canvas APIs, further enhancing the performance and capabilities of RVU clients. RVU 1.0 is supported in millions of consumer electronics devices that are already in customers’ homes.

At CES 2014, JetHead Development will demonstrate the enhanced capabilities of RVU 2.0, showcasing an RVU 2.0 client at the show sourcing its graphical User Interface from a cloud-based server. In addition to JetHead, RVU Alliance members Broadcom, DIRECTV,
    Entropic, MStar and Samsung will hold demonstrations of RVU compliant products at CES. Please contact member companies directly to arrange a demonstration and overview of the technology.

“RVU 1.0 has been extremely successful in launching the Remote User Interface concept to a mass market,” said Henry Derovanessian, president of the RVU Alliance Board of Directors and senior vice president of Engineering at DIRECTV. “The members of the
    RVU Alliance continue to innovate and drive the technology roadmap for UI delivery, which is based on a deployed standard with a base of millions of clients and servers. By building on this foundation, RVU 2.0 will enable advanced user interfaces directly
    on CE platforms from either local in-home or cloud-based servers.”

RVU is based on the foundations of DLNA, is part of the DLNA guidelines, and allows streaming of video via secured connections from a central server to compatible CE devices. RVU also allows the server to export the same consistent User Interface (UI)
    and DVR features across all connected client platforms, effectively providing a DVR set-top box experience directly on a TV, but without the need for a set-top box. For a list of all compliant devices please visit www.rvualliance.org/products.

:)

chintu, Jan 6, 2014
  2. chintu
    chintu Guest
    chintu, Jan 6, 2014
  3. JetTheGreat1
    JetTheGreat1 Guest
    Does Usb to Hdmi adapters work?

I am aware that hd receivers have hdmi slots on them. I have standard DirecTV that doesn't have a hdmi slot. I was wondering, if I get an USB 2.0 TO HDMI adapter for my Directv cable box and then connect the xbox one to the adapter, will it be able to show
    my cable? I realize it won't be in hd but that's ok. Just want to know if it works before I purchase an adapter.

JetTheGreat1, Jan 6, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

rvu 2.0 for Directv