Rumours suggest that Microsoft could buy Mojang?

Discus and support Rumours suggest that Microsoft could buy Mojang? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I see this all over Twitter last night and loads of sites talking about it today. I can't see it myself, I think the rumour mill is spinning out of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lofty Who, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest

I see this all over Twitter last night and loads of sites talking about it today.

I can't see it myself, I think the rumour mill is spinning out of control but who knows?

Rumours suggest that Microsoft could buy Mojang *update*

:)

Lofty Who, Sep 9, 2014
  2. Mister BuzzBee, Sep 9, 2014
  3. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest
    Xbox One 'Hardcore' Controller Rumoured

Apologies if this has been posted in another thread.

Rumours emanating from GDC suggest that Microsoft could be planning a new 'hardcore' Xbox One controller, tailored for racing games and shooters. Bearing in mind that the existing Xbox One controller boasted over 40 improvements over the Xbox 360 one, we're
    wondering what could be added to it to make it 'hardcore'.

Lofty Who, Sep 9, 2014
  4. neilhorgan
    neilhorgan Guest

A lot of Moolah for such a small studio, but acquiring the Minecraft IP would be massive

neilhorgan, Sep 9, 2014
  5. neilhorgan
    neilhorgan Guest
  6. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest
    I honestly thought this was just another rumour.

I see one guy is suppose to be getting around 1.4bn? that will buy a few games lol

Lofty Who, Sep 15, 2014
  7. Was on the Channel 5 news a little earlier. Bought out.

Paraffin Alien, Sep 15, 2014
  8. Rumours suggest that Microsoft could buy Mojang?

That's hell of a lot of money for a game that is written in Java.

Also given that it is a near five year old title, and those who are going to buy it already likely have, I can't see Microsoft making the money back from sales.

Merchandise? Perhaps some but 2.5 billion's worth?

Perhaps a Minecraft 2, exclusive to Microsoft platforms? That's very likely but it's going to have to be a huge seller in order to make the money back. Can lightning strike twice for a game like Minecraft?

I can't help but think Microsoft have paid way too much for something that is past its prime.

NonSportsGirl, Sep 15, 2014
  9. Shigurui
    Shigurui Guest
    Have to agree with that sentiment. 2.5 Billion (say it slowly), christ almighty that is a ridiculous amount of money that they could have pumped into new IP's,
    a first party studio or two, a new Perfect Dark, Project Gotham or Banjo game, or all three, buy out Capcom even.

Mind = Blown!

Shigurui, Sep 15, 2014
  10. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest
    ^^

I can't see anything like Minecraft 2 being Xbox exclusive, I believe from what I read on the main XB1 forum that Microsoft have already said that all future games/content will still appear on all platforms, it would be silly for them not to with the numbers
    out there.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Xbox will get some sort of "timed" exclusive on future titles/DLC though.

Lofty Who, Sep 15, 2014
  11. They'll keep on releasing content for Minecraft 1 on all platforms but for a possible sequel or other games from the studio?

I suppose it'd make sense to release on as many platforms as possible since they've a *** hefty chunk of change to make back.

NonSportsGirl, Sep 15, 2014
  12. Well I was pretty surprised when I read this as fact rather than rumour too. I agree with Lofty though, there will likely be timed exclusives or something like that. Now that they have brought them out, they can hash out some MS owned mash up packs even
    more so then previously, right?

Mark Sherwood, Oct 31, 2018
  13. neilhorgan Win User

A lot of Moolah for such a small studio, but acquiring the Minecraft IP would be massive
  14. Mark Sherwood Win User

Well I was pretty surprised when I read this as fact rather than rumour too. I agree with Lofty though, there will likely be timed exclusives or something like that. Now that they have brought them out, they can hash out some MS owned mash up packs even
    more so then previously, right?
  15. Shigurui Win User

Vaynel

I can't help but think Microsoft have paid way too much for something that is past its prime.
    Have to agree with that sentiment. 2.5 Billion (say it slowly), christ almighty that is a ridiculous amount of money that they could have pumped into new IP's,
    a first party studio or two, a new Perfect Dark, Project Gotham or Banjo game, or all three, buy out Capcom even.

Mind = Blown!
  16. Lofty Who Win User

^^

I can't see anything like Minecraft 2 being Xbox exclusive, I believe from what I read on the main XB1 forum that Microsoft have already said that all future games/content will still appear on all platforms, it would be silly for them not to with the numbers
    out there.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Xbox will get some sort of "timed" exclusive on future titles/DLC though.
  17. Paraffin Alien Win User

Was on the Channel 5 news a little earlier. Bought out.
Thema:

1. Rumours suggest that Microsoft could buy Mojang? - Similar Threads - Rumours suggest Microsoft

2. Is the Xbox Series X Pro are the truth or the rumour?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is the Xbox Series X Pro are the truth or the rumour?: Is the Xbox Series X Pro are the truth or the rumour? Yours sincerely Jevgeni 61496b67-d43a-4caa-933c-acacd42f26ed
  3. Is the Xbox Series X Pro are the truth or the rumour?

in XboX Insiders
    Is the Xbox Series X Pro are the truth or the rumour?: Xbox Series X Pro are the truth to you or the rumour? What it is are going to be? Yours sincerely Jevgeni submitted by /u/AppointmentGrand8780 [link] [comments]
  4. Video Modes / RGB Settings causing input lag? (Rumour)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Video Modes / RGB Settings causing input lag? (Rumour): Hey! I was doing some testing with some friends & we were testing video settings on the Series X. I'm using a Zowie XL2411K @ 120hz. From what I've been told, changing the RGB mode to "PC RGB"...
  5. So I have heard a rumour about birthday presents!

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    So I have heard a rumour about birthday presents!: It's my birthday and I have heard about Xbox birthday presents. Can I get one? 205ffd0a-de53-4319-8f1c-f11ce4891d0f
  6. Rumour: Microsoft Has An Exclusive Licensed NFL Football Title in the Works

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Rumour: Microsoft Has An Exclusive Licensed NFL Football Title in the Works: Take this strictly as a rumour until any official confirmation comes through, but it appears that Microsoft may be working on an officially-licensed NFL football title that will be exclusive to...
  7. Rumour: Quantum Break Likely Delayed to 2016

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Rumour: Quantum Break Likely Delayed to 2016: We're hearing some talk that won't make many people happy, but it should be stressed that this is as yet unconfirmed. Dae_jim, the Dutch Community and Social Media Coordinator at Microsoft, is...
  8. Rumour: Microsoft to remove paywall for streaming service

in XBoX on Consoles
    Rumour: Microsoft to remove paywall for streaming service: @ Lout, If you're making a personal insult aimed at me man up and say what you mean. No one likes slimey spineless comments. If not then explain what you mean? 76ae5664-bc53-4e3d-8c97-520e237da808
  9. RUMOUR..... microsoft will not charge you to watch netflix

in XBoX on Consoles
    RUMOUR..... microsoft will not charge you to watch netflix: [quote user="kingvas78"]To access Netflix via Xbox through a Live account is just part of the deal. There are multiple platforms to watch Netflix, I hope MS keeps it to Gold members. That's my...
  10. Rumour: Next entry in Deus Ex Universe to feature online multiplayer?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Rumour: Next entry in Deus Ex Universe to feature online multiplayer?: Eidos Montreal posts job listing for "Online Programmer" for Deus Ex Universe project The slow burning mystery of the future of the Deus Ex series seems to be sprouting another chapter this...