RUMOUR..... microsoft will not charge you to watch netflix

Discus and support RUMOUR..... microsoft will not charge you to watch netflix in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; [quote user="kingvas78"]To access Netflix via Xbox through a Live account is just part of the deal. There are multiple platforms to watch Netflix, I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by brandiesel1, May 12, 2014.

1. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest

[quote user="kingvas78"]To access Netflix via Xbox through a Live account is just part of the deal. There are multiple platforms to watch Netflix, I hope MS keeps it to Gold members. That's my opinion.[/quote]

You saying that just shows that you are so pro Microsoft it's hard to take you seriously in this instance. You are only saying that to go against the grain to be different. You are literally the only person I have seen since Netflix was on the 360 to say
    that. It's so silly I know you don't feel that way. It's ok to not agree with them all the time.

Putting Netflix behind a gold paywall is ridiculous so it's no wonder it's frowned upon. The only reason they did it was because Sony wasn't charging for online features and MS was. Hiding it behind a paywall was just an attempt to make it look like you
    were getting more bang for your buck when all it did was make them look greedy.

:)

brandiesel1, May 12, 2014
  2. tsglass
    tsglass Guest
    Why did party mode on Netflix have to go?

Netflix is in charge with their own app. I don't believe it was a Microsoft decision. Microsoft may have told Netflix that the feature would no longer work with latest update and Netflix might have decided to not update it to be compatible. Send all complaints
    to Netflix, not Microsoft.

tsglass, May 12, 2014
  3. CMUchippewa
    CMUchippewa Guest
    Netflix - Gold

You're using Microsoft servers to stream Netflix....so it makes sense they would charge to use their services to provide Netflix to you.

CMUchippewa, May 12, 2014
  4. Sword Style
    Sword Style Guest

As I said in a different thread, I'm always gold so it doesn't really make a difference to me. But people have been crying about this since Netflix first launched on the 360. If this will get them to shut up, I'm all for it.

Sword Style, May 12, 2014
  5. [quote user="Sword Style"]I'm always gold so it doesn't really make a difference to me. But people have been crying about this since Netflix first launched on the 360. If this will get them to shut up, I'm all for it.[/quote]I hear dat'. RUMOUR..... microsoft will not charge you to watch netflix :)

Galactic Geek, May 12, 2014
  6. EnenDaveyBoy
    EnenDaveyBoy Guest
    IMO gold offers an additional layer of protection, it might be false belief but if user are allowed to access things without gold, that will affect my belief.

I can see why people want it, but people want everything for free, without thinking it through.

EnenDaveyBoy, May 12, 2014
  7. tohellnbak
    tohellnbak Guest
    I can see where a 360 might need it...with so many silver accounts... but to have it (or not have it) on the 1 seems useless..

tohellnbak, May 12, 2014
  8. RUMOUR..... microsoft will not charge you to watch netflix

Thanks for posting this N7 buddy RUMOUR..... microsoft will not charge you to watch netflix :)

it would be nice to see some walls break. Party chat would be a nice one to remove too, I have silver friends that cant participate and I don't fully know the reason as to why party is gold only :/

Mark Sherwood, May 12, 2014
  9. Davey actually makes a valid point. I often think, what could possibly be bad about something being free - and one only look no further than these very forums to see why having something for free can be bad. It's often the reason we see so many trolling
    silver accounts around these here parts. It sets it apart from the riff-raff or those who might want to take advantage of the system in a negative light. RUMOUR..... microsoft will not charge you to watch netflix :(

Galactic Geek, May 13, 2014
  10. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    IceStorm III, May 13, 2014
    Galactic Geek, May 13, 2014
  12. Merlin4421
    Merlin4421 Guest
    This is great news I'm happy for those that dont use live. I'm still of the opinion though if you have an Xbox and no gold you are doing it wrong. Just my opinion dont hate RUMOUR..... microsoft will not charge you to watch netflix :)

Merlin4421, May 13, 2014
  13. Stoneware
    Stoneware Guest

@Merlin... Well, if MS is trying to actually make the XO an "entertainment hub", those that actually purchase an XO as an "entertainment hub" will be more inclined to do so now. Why would you purchase an XO as an EH if you had to pay an additional $60/year
    when you can purchase a Roku for under $100 with no yearly "access" fee?

Stoneware, May 13, 2014
  14. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    [quote user="EnenDaveyBoy"]I can see why people want it, but people want everything for free, without thinking it through.[/quote]

Think what through?

If you pay 7 euro a month for Netflix would it annoy you if you had to pay 60 euro to your tv company to unlock the additional pay wall on your smart tv? If you paid for Netflix would it annoy you if you had to pay an additional fee to use it on your phone?
    If you paid for Netflix would it annoy you if you had to pay an addition 60 euro to use it on your tablet, your Wii, your PS3,your PS4, your desktop, your laptot, your Roku?

Sure you could just watch it on any of those at no additional fee instead, but why shouldn't you be able to on the Xbox 360/ONE at no additional cost? You pay a few hundred for the system so why make it different and less consumer friendly.

It's a good move and one that never should've had to been made.

brandiesel1, May 13, 2014
  15. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    [quote user="brandiesel1"]You pay a few hundred for the system so why make it different and less consumer friendly.[/quote]Microsoft had about 850 million reasons to keep apps behind the Gold paywall. That's the estimated revenue Live was bringing in.

This is a gamble on MS's part. It may or may not pan out.

IceStorm III, May 13, 2014
Thema:

1. RUMOUR..... microsoft will not charge you to watch netflix - Similar Threads - RUMOUR microsoft charge

2. Is the Xbox Series X Pro are the truth or the rumour?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is the Xbox Series X Pro are the truth or the rumour?: Is the Xbox Series X Pro are the truth or the rumour? Yours sincerely Jevgeni 61496b67-d43a-4caa-933c-acacd42f26ed
  3. Is the Xbox Series X Pro are the truth or the rumour?

in XboX Insiders
    Is the Xbox Series X Pro are the truth or the rumour?: Xbox Series X Pro are the truth to you or the rumour? What it is are going to be? Yours sincerely Jevgeni submitted by /u/AppointmentGrand8780 [link] [comments]
  4. Video Modes / RGB Settings causing input lag? (Rumour)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Video Modes / RGB Settings causing input lag? (Rumour): Hey! I was doing some testing with some friends & we were testing video settings on the Series X. I'm using a Zowie XL2411K @ 120hz. From what I've been told, changing the RGB mode to "PC RGB"...
  5. So I have heard a rumour about birthday presents!

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    So I have heard a rumour about birthday presents!: It's my birthday and I have heard about Xbox birthday presents. Can I get one? 205ffd0a-de53-4319-8f1c-f11ce4891d0f
  6. Rumour: Microsoft Has An Exclusive Licensed NFL Football Title in the Works

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Rumour: Microsoft Has An Exclusive Licensed NFL Football Title in the Works: Take this strictly as a rumour until any official confirmation comes through, but it appears that Microsoft may be working on an officially-licensed NFL football title that will be exclusive to...
  7. Rumour: Quantum Break Likely Delayed to 2016

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Rumour: Quantum Break Likely Delayed to 2016: We're hearing some talk that won't make many people happy, but it should be stressed that this is as yet unconfirmed. Dae_jim, the Dutch Community and Social Media Coordinator at Microsoft, is...
  8. Rumour: Microsoft to remove paywall for streaming service

in XBoX on Consoles
    Rumour: Microsoft to remove paywall for streaming service: @ Lout, If you're making a personal insult aimed at me man up and say what you mean. No one likes slimey spineless comments. If not then explain what you mean? 76ae5664-bc53-4e3d-8c97-520e237da808
  9. Rumour: Next entry in Deus Ex Universe to feature online multiplayer?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Rumour: Next entry in Deus Ex Universe to feature online multiplayer?: Eidos Montreal posts job listing for "Online Programmer" for Deus Ex Universe project The slow burning mystery of the future of the Deus Ex series seems to be sprouting another chapter this...
  10. Microsoft on the $399 Xbox One rumour - "don't believe everything you read"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft on the $399 Xbox One rumour - "don't believe everything you read": It's "kind of a bummer", says Phil Spencer It's a slow news day today, so a big hand please for Aaron Greenberg, chief of staff for Microsoft's devices and studios group. He's just poured cold...