Rumour: Microsoft to remove paywall for streaming service

Discus and support Rumour: Microsoft to remove paywall for streaming service in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ryse is excellent the reviews are rubbish. Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ooh im good, May 13, 2014.

1. John Dowding
    John Dowding Guest

Ryse is excellent the reviews are rubbish.

John Dowding, May 17, 2014
  2. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest
    I loved Ryse, one of my favourite launch titles and even though I don't go by reviews but have to agree with Genchy, some of the reviews baffled me,

Comments like,

"it's repetitive" .. What game isn't? driving games you drive, FPS you shoot?

One review ( believe it was IGN ) said they marked it down for being too gory?

It's a game where you chop peoples arms and legs off, what did they expect?

I'm not saying everyone will love it like a lot of people did, same with any game but when you see some of these comments on so called well known sites, it really does make you wonder what state gaming journalism is in today.

Lofty Who, May 17, 2014
  3. Ooh im good
    Ooh im good Guest
    Gaming journalism is doing better than ever.

Unfortunately some here think their view is the right one, and just cannot understand why someone would disagree so end up wondering what kind of a state things are in. You have your view, they have theirs,

Lets all enjoy the games we enjoy after a good hard week at work.

Ooh im good, May 18, 2014
  4. Ooh im good
    Ooh im good Guest

Back on topic, why did Microsoft put Netflix ECT behind a pay wall?

People pay hundreds for the console, hundreds on 7 or 8 games an they cannot watch Netflix? A complete disgrace, but again its good to see Microsoft follow Sony's lead.

Ooh im good, May 18, 2014
  5. neilhorgan
    neilhorgan Guest
    Gaming journalism is shockingly bad at the moment - nothing but click-baiting headlines and disgruntled neckbeards

neilhorgan, May 18, 2014
  6. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest
    ^ Totally agree Mr Hog,

Most of the sites do it now, problem is it works getting people on their sites. Look at an article on IGN that talks about resolutions/FPS, then check the comments section, some of them end up with 1000s of posts, mind you it is funny to read, fanboys trading
    insults with each other over a choice of console lol.

Lofty Who, May 18, 2014
  7. voteDC
    voteDC Guest
    voteDC, May 18, 2014
  8. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest

@ vote,

Pretty much nail on the head there mate lol

I miss the days where you could look on most sites and they would be talking about a games story, is it good online, people helping each other out if they were stuck .. ..

Long are those days gone it seems :/

Lofty Who, May 18, 2014
  9. voteDC
    voteDC Guest
    You can still get a good discussion about story on Bioware's forum. Of course the Mass Effect 3 section is mostly about how people hate the endings but their are good conversations in there.

As to the subject though. Microsoft removing the apps from behind the Gold sub can only strengthen their plan to have the One be the media hub of the living room.

voteDC, May 18, 2014
  10. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest
    ^

There's still a few decent forums about. I use one on occasions, Xbox One/PS4/PC/Wii U/360/PS3 players on there and there's none of this fanboy rubbish. They even say when you sign up, any arguments about consoles, resolutions and your booted, no second
    chances, right aswell.

Just a pity that some of the so called bigger sites, IGN, Eurogamer, N4G that most of their articles seem to be about getting numbers on their sites, no matter how.

Lofty Who, Oct 31, 2018
  11. Lofty Who Win User

^ Totally agree Mr Hog,

Most of the sites do it now, problem is it works getting people on their sites. Look at an article on IGN that talks about resolutions/FPS, then check the comments section, some of them end up with 1000s of posts, mind you it is funny to read, fanboys trading
    insults with each other over a choice of console lol.
  12. The Omega m4n Win User

@zfair899

Keeping a thread on topic are all that people ask, not that big a wish is it, the same few who seem to have a personal issues with each other from thread to thread need to take it to PM and stop derailing threads with petty public attacks at each other,
    its supposed to be the Xbox community, not a primary school playground.
  13. The Viral Cyrix Win User

Love my kinect its an awesome piece of kit and makes operating the UI a breeze. I feel for anyone who purchases a kinect less console using the controller to operate the UI must feel so clunky. So many voice short cuts that work a lot faster than drilling
    down through menus to find what you want. Also controller less streaming is great aswell
  14. Lofty Who Win User

And I have to ask you Mr Troll, you have said on a number of occasions you thought that at some point Microsoft would drop Kinect/make it optional so why if you really don't like it or didn't want it, did you not wait it out?

I just struggle with all the people I see that purchased XB1 + Kinect and then complain about it when from the start they had a choice, I just don't understand it. I know it's a stupid comparison but I love the sandwiches/rolls you can get a Subways but
    I detest their mustard/mayo sauce, so if I went in and ordered my favourite roll and this disgusting sauce and then complained about it, what would people say to me? I think we know.

Of it I'm shopping for a new TV, phone, laptop, car but it has some feature on it that I really don't like/want/need, why would I even dream of parting with my cash?
  15. The Omega m4n Win User

Its no wonder these forums died, trying to read the actual thread between the small minority of posters who have it in for each other on a daily basis gets tiresome.

I wish they would take this to PM and stop derailing thread with this petty nonsense.
Thema:

1. Rumour: Microsoft to remove paywall for streaming service - Similar Threads - Rumour Microsoft remove

2. Is the Xbox Series X Pro are the truth or the rumour?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is the Xbox Series X Pro are the truth or the rumour?: Is the Xbox Series X Pro are the truth or the rumour? Yours sincerely Jevgeni 61496b67-d43a-4caa-933c-acacd42f26ed
  3. Is the Xbox Series X Pro are the truth or the rumour?

in XboX Insiders
    Is the Xbox Series X Pro are the truth or the rumour?: Xbox Series X Pro are the truth to you or the rumour? What it is are going to be? Yours sincerely Jevgeni submitted by /u/AppointmentGrand8780 [link] [comments]
  4. Video Modes / RGB Settings causing input lag? (Rumour)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Video Modes / RGB Settings causing input lag? (Rumour): Hey! I was doing some testing with some friends & we were testing video settings on the Series X. I'm using a Zowie XL2411K @ 120hz. From what I've been told, changing the RGB mode to "PC RGB"...
  5. So I have heard a rumour about birthday presents!

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    So I have heard a rumour about birthday presents!: It's my birthday and I have heard about Xbox birthday presents. Can I get one? 205ffd0a-de53-4319-8f1c-f11ce4891d0f
  6. Rumour: Microsoft Has An Exclusive Licensed NFL Football Title in the Works

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Rumour: Microsoft Has An Exclusive Licensed NFL Football Title in the Works: Take this strictly as a rumour until any official confirmation comes through, but it appears that Microsoft may be working on an officially-licensed NFL football title that will be exclusive to...
  7. Rumour: Quantum Break Likely Delayed to 2016

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Rumour: Quantum Break Likely Delayed to 2016: We're hearing some talk that won't make many people happy, but it should be stressed that this is as yet unconfirmed. Dae_jim, the Dutch Community and Social Media Coordinator at Microsoft, is...
  8. RUMOUR..... microsoft will not charge you to watch netflix

in XBoX on Consoles
    RUMOUR..... microsoft will not charge you to watch netflix: [quote user="kingvas78"]To access Netflix via Xbox through a Live account is just part of the deal. There are multiple platforms to watch Netflix, I hope MS keeps it to Gold members. That's my...
  9. Rumour: Next entry in Deus Ex Universe to feature online multiplayer?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Rumour: Next entry in Deus Ex Universe to feature online multiplayer?: Eidos Montreal posts job listing for "Online Programmer" for Deus Ex Universe project The slow burning mystery of the future of the Deus Ex series seems to be sprouting another chapter this...
  10. Microsoft on the $399 Xbox One rumour - "don't believe everything you read"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft on the $399 Xbox One rumour - "don't believe everything you read": It's "kind of a bummer", says Phil Spencer It's a slow news day today, so a big hand please for Aaron Greenberg, chief of staff for Microsoft's devices and studios group. He's just poured cold...