Rumour: Microsoft to remove paywall for streaming service

Discus and support Rumour: Microsoft to remove paywall for streaming service in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; @ Lout, If you're making a personal insult aimed at me man up and say what you mean. No one likes slimey spineless comments. If not then explain what... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ooh im good, May 13, 2014.

1. Ooh im good
    Ooh im good Guest

@ Lout,

If you're making a personal insult aimed at me man up and say what you mean. No one likes slimey spineless comments. If not then explain what you mean?

:)

Ooh im good, May 13, 2014
  2. HSC
    HSC Guest
    Do you think MS will do something like this

MS have been working on this for a while
    plus a xbox 'streaming device' has been rumoured for even longer (think successor to MCE Extenders)

controller wise they moved to WiFi Direct, so not a major issue

all thats missing is a tabglible product, come on MS...

3. TheSpiralMatrix, May 13, 2014
  4. Ooh im good
    Ooh im good Guest

Well I'm glad that's cleared up lol.

I won't report it, an unfortunately I don't have an opinion on you, I just don't use this place enough to really recognise your gamer tag . To me this a computer games forum to others it seems to mean so much more. But yeah, watchdogs looks really good.

Ooh im good, May 13, 2014
  5. ShaunPerry
    ShaunPerry Guest
    Its not 'Back tracking' Ooh im good, its listening to the public and acting accordingly.

We should be glad they do. Look at the amount of updates the One has had. Mostly driven by our concerns and feedback.

Oh, please stay on topic! Lol ;-P

ShaunPerry, May 13, 2014
  6. Downgraded Games with Gold? Eh?

They have kept it on par as far as I can tell. Xbox One games are going to be no older than 6 months - 7 months old. Xbox 360 games have gone as far back as 07 I believe? I don't see anything that is given for free as a downgrade. Just one of those games
    is more then the cost of a months gold sub. Not only am I getting my moneys worth but I am getting games that cost more than my membership, twice over and then some.

I see most feedback on the paywall (across the forums) being well received so far.

Mark Sherwood, May 14, 2014
  7. ShaunPerry
    ShaunPerry Guest
    Xbox 360 was launched in the UK on the 2nd December 2005. I Know. I was there!!!

Such a back catalogue of games to pick from so the announcement of Xbox One Games for Gold is AWESOME.

I agree with removing the paywall. Its like walking into a shop, paying for an item then being charged again before you leave. Anything you pay a sub already for should be available for silver members.

Like I said before, MS are listening to us. Thats got to worth something?

ShaunPerry, May 14, 2014
  8. shaunboyer
    shaunboyer Guest

They NEED to compensate the people that had to pay "twice" for their streaming video subscriptions for years. It was unnecessary and costly for the consumer to be able to use a service they already should have had access to. I been double paying since Netflix
    became an app!

shaunboyer, May 14, 2014
  9. AND compensate the people that bought an overpriced Xbone with mandatory kinect, even when I really didn't want the pointless thing.

TROLL OF HORROR, May 14, 2014
  10. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest
    @ Troll,

You really didn't want one which I can totally appreciate but yet you went and purchased one? makes sense I guess.

Lofty Who, May 14, 2014
  11. John Dowding
    John Dowding Guest
    Does anyone know when this change takes effect?

John Dowding, May 14, 2014
  12. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Just says June,no actual date.If you only have gold to use apps you can get a refund on any remaining membership.

Faq here support.xbox.com/.../live-faq

Daft Badger, May 14, 2014
  13. Rumour: Microsoft to remove paywall for streaming service

I am stacked up until Dec 2015 so roll on the cash. Rumour: Microsoft to remove paywall for streaming service :)

The Omega m4n, May 14, 2014
  14. @ Lofty.

I was getting the xbone but had no choice but to spend full price with the idiotic kinect included, now MS are backtracking because the console is losing to PS4 and releasing without kinect. Now there are options. If they can compensate people for not wanting
    gold to watch netflix then they sure as hell can take my crappy kinect and refund me the difference!

See the point?

TROLL OF HORROR, May 15, 2014
  15. John Dowding
    John Dowding Guest
    You had a choice you knew right from the first announcement MS made that the console was coming with a mandatory Kinect. Nothing was hidden. You made an adult choice about whether or not you thought the expense was worth it. Plenty of people on here
    decided to wait for a Kinect less console, they made an adult choice about what to do with their money. As an early adopter you took a risk. If you dont want your Kinect put it on ebay or trade it in game to get some cash back. See the point?

John Dowding, May 15, 2014
Thema:

1. Rumour: Microsoft to remove paywall for streaming service - Similar Threads - Rumour Microsoft remove

2. Is the Xbox Series X Pro are the truth or the rumour?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is the Xbox Series X Pro are the truth or the rumour?: Is the Xbox Series X Pro are the truth or the rumour? Yours sincerely Jevgeni 61496b67-d43a-4caa-933c-acacd42f26ed
  3. Is the Xbox Series X Pro are the truth or the rumour?

in XboX Insiders
    Is the Xbox Series X Pro are the truth or the rumour?: Xbox Series X Pro are the truth to you or the rumour? What it is are going to be? Yours sincerely Jevgeni submitted by /u/AppointmentGrand8780 [link] [comments]
  4. Video Modes / RGB Settings causing input lag? (Rumour)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Video Modes / RGB Settings causing input lag? (Rumour): Hey! I was doing some testing with some friends & we were testing video settings on the Series X. I'm using a Zowie XL2411K @ 120hz. From what I've been told, changing the RGB mode to "PC RGB"...
  5. So I have heard a rumour about birthday presents!

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    So I have heard a rumour about birthday presents!: It's my birthday and I have heard about Xbox birthday presents. Can I get one? 205ffd0a-de53-4319-8f1c-f11ce4891d0f
  6. Rumour: Microsoft Has An Exclusive Licensed NFL Football Title in the Works

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Rumour: Microsoft Has An Exclusive Licensed NFL Football Title in the Works: Take this strictly as a rumour until any official confirmation comes through, but it appears that Microsoft may be working on an officially-licensed NFL football title that will be exclusive to...
  7. Rumour: Quantum Break Likely Delayed to 2016

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Rumour: Quantum Break Likely Delayed to 2016: We're hearing some talk that won't make many people happy, but it should be stressed that this is as yet unconfirmed. Dae_jim, the Dutch Community and Social Media Coordinator at Microsoft, is...
  8. RUMOUR..... microsoft will not charge you to watch netflix

in XBoX on Consoles
    RUMOUR..... microsoft will not charge you to watch netflix: [quote user="kingvas78"]To access Netflix via Xbox through a Live account is just part of the deal. There are multiple platforms to watch Netflix, I hope MS keeps it to Gold members. That's my...
  9. Rumour: Next entry in Deus Ex Universe to feature online multiplayer?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Rumour: Next entry in Deus Ex Universe to feature online multiplayer?: Eidos Montreal posts job listing for "Online Programmer" for Deus Ex Universe project The slow burning mystery of the future of the Deus Ex series seems to be sprouting another chapter this...
  10. Microsoft on the $399 Xbox One rumour - "don't believe everything you read"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft on the $399 Xbox One rumour - "don't believe everything you read": It's "kind of a bummer", says Phil Spencer It's a slow news day today, so a big hand please for Aaron Greenberg, chief of staff for Microsoft's devices and studios group. He's just poured cold...