Rumour: Microsoft Has An Exclusive Licensed NFL Football Title in the Works

Discus and support Rumour: Microsoft Has An Exclusive Licensed NFL Football Title in the Works in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I don't really watch football or get the rules or even interested in this game, but I think Joe Montana was a hall of fame player. I still need to get... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Lofty Who, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Rumour: Microsoft Has An Exclusive Licensed NFL Football Title in the Works

I don't really watch football or get the rules or even interested in this game, but I think Joe Montana was a hall of fame player. I still need to get to Madden 25 and 15. The only NFL game I've played before was 08 and that confused the heck out me.

Defy Lightning, Mar 16, 2015
  2. Anything would be better than Madden at this point.

PandaEatsPanda, Mar 16, 2015
  3. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    @ BUCMASTER, I agree. I think they were totally scared of the 2K franchise. The 2k games on the Dreamcast were awesome in my opinion.

brandiesel1, Mar 16, 2015
  4. Fyer
    Fyer Guest

^^ Yea I am sick of it just being a roster update year after year.

@ Goth

This explains a little more about him. Retired QB

en.wikipedia.org/.../Joe_Montana

5. PICK 34
    PICK 34 Guest
    I loved JMF on Sega Genesis. Hopefully a WR slant doesn't result in a TD every time. I would expect EA to throw a fit like they when they threatened to pull support of their games from the first xbox because of Microsoft's own NFL fever, and bought the license
    when NFL 2k was nipping at their heals. This was tweeted out a year ago, however more info came about yesterday according to neogaf via operation sports. Here is the link and a partial quote. Take with a grain of salt.

www.operationsports.com/.../showpost.php

www.neogaf.com/.../showthread.php

- The game is called Joe Montana NFL Football 16. This is an NFL game. First-party stipulations that the NFL has always left open & the NFL's exclusive relationship with Microsoft allows for Microsoft to have an NFL game. Microsoft Studios is the publisher.
    Microsoft is deadly serious about gaining ground and winning the console war (doubtful to happen at this point though) and throwing tons of money at incubation and trying to buy new IP that they can turn into big series' titles is top priority for them right
    now. They believe this game can be many times bigger than MLB The Show due to the larger NFL fanbase, and because so many XBOX One owners identify as serious NFL fans.

- The game was demoed and it went well. Actually, "well" is an understatement. People went crazy. NDA's were and still are in place for them. That's why you haven't heard anyone saying anything, but a lot of people are having a very hard time because what
    they seen was unbelievable and it's been impossible to go back to Madden or even take Madden seriously after that. It's like, how you felt when you had an NES and you saw Sega Genesis for the first time. The step up in quality is THAT big.

- They put those things up on artforgames in hopes that you would find it, especially the NFL stuff. It took a little longer than initially thought, but you found them eventually, and when they saw you found it they took it all down just as they did when
    they realized people found their job posting last year. They already had their team in place, the posting was a bone. All of this has been staged well.

- They're not asking for ideas because it's an NFL game and they don't feel there is a lot of room for the type of creativity you'd need in an unlicensed game. When they first started out before iMFL they were considering a non-NFL licensed game and were
    going to approach dealing with the community differently with polls, a message board, etc. but things changed once NFL was confirmed.

- 2K is involved. Should be obvious from some tweets/re-tweets and comments both Joe Montana and Damon Grow have made. Some tech and manpower was purchased from 2K and is deeply incorporated into this game.

PICK 34, Mar 16, 2015
  6. SGT JD 20
    SGT JD 20 Guest
    This could get interesting.

SGT JD 20, Mar 16, 2015
  7. Tzar of kaos
    Tzar of kaos Guest
    Just some words.

Joe Montana,Tweeter,tease,picture,Unreal 4.

Source:Gameinformer,Tweeter.

Tzar of kaos, Mar 17, 2015
  8. NxtDoc1851
    NxtDoc1851 Guest

If this is true, it will probably be a small retro style football game. Like early 90's style. Fun, Hail Mary almost every down, and sit back and laugh.

NxtDoc1851, Mar 17, 2015
  9. Tzar of kaos
    Tzar of kaos Guest
    From the Unreal 4 picture ,it doesn't looks like a small retro style football game.

Tzar of kaos, Mar 17, 2015
  10. I've read a lot of articles about this. I'm hoping they use the Nfl roster and logos. I also read that this game will make Madden football look like a ps1 game. I'll have to wait and see like the rest of us

WalkingIrish42, Mar 17, 2015
  11. WalkingIrish42, Apr 17, 2015
  12. Dirty Loco
    Dirty Loco Guest
    The snippets of information (I'm not how accurate this is) seems to indicate that

• It's being developed by 2KSports and published by Microsoft Studios
    • It's being developed on the Unreal 4 engine
    • The reason the game is only on the Xbox One and PC is because EA own the exclusive NFL multiplatform rights (read: 2K are not allowed to make an NFL game for Playstation)
    • It seems to be developed with the Windows 10 / Xbox One cross-platform integration in mind.
    • The game slated for a mid-July release. A month before Madden 16.

Dirty Loco, Apr 18, 2015
  13. Th3 Tater
    Th3 Tater Guest

hopefully this will be quality and give madden some competition. I don't play them, but listening to the fans, Madden needs some competition to get the bar back up. I thought it was stupid for NFL to sign and exclusive with EA.

Th3 Tater, Apr 18, 2015
  14. Dakrkplayer2
    Dakrkplayer2 Guest
    I can see now. EA *** in there daipers. MS pull game from maket. EA made a world law from the UN. That they the only one can make football games around the world.

Dakrkplayer2, Nov 1, 2018
  15. Tzar of kaos Win User

From the Unreal 4 picture ,it doesn't looks like a small retro style football game.
  16. SGT JD 20 Win User

This could get interesting.
  17. PICK 34 Win User

I loved JMF on Sega Genesis. Hopefully a WR slant doesn't result in a TD every time. I would expect EA to throw a fit like they when they threatened to pull support of their games from the first xbox because of Microsoft's own NFL fever, and bought the license
    when NFL 2k was nipping at their heals. This was tweeted out a year ago, however more info came about yesterday according to neogaf via operation sports. Here is the link and a partial quote. Take with a grain of salt.

www.operationsports.com/.../showpost.php

www.neogaf.com/.../showthread.php

- The game is called Joe Montana NFL Football 16. This is an NFL game. First-party stipulations that the NFL has always left open & the NFL's exclusive relationship with Microsoft allows for Microsoft to have an NFL game. Microsoft Studios is the publisher.
    Microsoft is deadly serious about gaining ground and winning the console war (doubtful to happen at this point though) and throwing tons of money at incubation and trying to buy new IP that they can turn into big series' titles is top priority for them right
    now. They believe this game can be many times bigger than MLB The Show due to the larger NFL fanbase, and because so many XBOX One owners identify as serious NFL fans.

- The game was demoed and it went well. Actually, "well" is an understatement. People went crazy. NDA's were and still are in place for them. That's why you haven't heard anyone saying anything, but a lot of people are having a very hard time because what
    they seen was unbelievable and it's been impossible to go back to Madden or even take Madden seriously after that. It's like, how you felt when you had an NES and you saw Sega Genesis for the first time. The step up in quality is THAT big.

- They put those things up on artforgames in hopes that you would find it, especially the NFL stuff. It took a little longer than initially thought, but you found them eventually, and when they saw you found it they took it all down just as they did when
    they realized people found their job posting last year. They already had their team in place, the posting was a bone. All of this has been staged well.

- They're not asking for ideas because it's an NFL game and they don't feel there is a lot of room for the type of creativity you'd need in an unlicensed game. When they first started out before iMFL they were considering a non-NFL licensed game and were
    going to approach dealing with the community differently with polls, a message board, etc. but things changed once NFL was confirmed.

- 2K is involved. Should be obvious from some tweets/re-tweets and comments both Joe Montana and Damon Grow have made. Some tech and manpower was purchased from 2K and is deeply incorporated into this game.
  18. Tzar of kaos Win User

One of the best NFL QB.

(Not a popular sport in my country,but who don't know Joe Montana).
  19. BUCMASTER Win User

I would love to see NFL 2K make a comeback. I agree wholeheartedly with Brandiesel1, madden games do suck. It is believed that ea got scared because 2K was such good competition and signed that stupid contract with the NFL, which is why there hasn't been
    any competition for madden in years. Ea has been seriously slacking for years because of it. As the official console of the NFL, Microsoft should make sure we have a GOOD football game for us football fans to enjoy.
Thema:

1. Rumour: Microsoft Has An Exclusive Licensed NFL Football Title in the Works - Similar Threads - Rumour Microsoft Has

2. Is the Xbox Series X Pro are the truth or the rumour?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is the Xbox Series X Pro are the truth or the rumour?: Is the Xbox Series X Pro are the truth or the rumour? Yours sincerely Jevgeni 61496b67-d43a-4caa-933c-acacd42f26ed
  3. Is the Xbox Series X Pro are the truth or the rumour?

in XboX Insiders
    Is the Xbox Series X Pro are the truth or the rumour?: Xbox Series X Pro are the truth to you or the rumour? What it is are going to be? Yours sincerely Jevgeni submitted by /u/AppointmentGrand8780 [link] [comments]
  4. Video Modes / RGB Settings causing input lag? (Rumour)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Video Modes / RGB Settings causing input lag? (Rumour): Hey! I was doing some testing with some friends & we were testing video settings on the Series X. I'm using a Zowie XL2411K @ 120hz. From what I've been told, changing the RGB mode to "PC RGB"...
  5. So I have heard a rumour about birthday presents!

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    So I have heard a rumour about birthday presents!: It's my birthday and I have heard about Xbox birthday presents. Can I get one? 205ffd0a-de53-4319-8f1c-f11ce4891d0f
  6. Rumour: Quantum Break Likely Delayed to 2016

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Rumour: Quantum Break Likely Delayed to 2016: We're hearing some talk that won't make many people happy, but it should be stressed that this is as yet unconfirmed. Dae_jim, the Dutch Community and Social Media Coordinator at Microsoft, is...
  7. Rumour: Microsoft to remove paywall for streaming service

in XBoX on Consoles
    Rumour: Microsoft to remove paywall for streaming service: @ Lout, If you're making a personal insult aimed at me man up and say what you mean. No one likes slimey spineless comments. If not then explain what you mean? 76ae5664-bc53-4e3d-8c97-520e237da808
  8. RUMOUR..... microsoft will not charge you to watch netflix

in XBoX on Consoles
    RUMOUR..... microsoft will not charge you to watch netflix: [quote user="kingvas78"]To access Netflix via Xbox through a Live account is just part of the deal. There are multiple platforms to watch Netflix, I hope MS keeps it to Gold members. That's my...
  9. Rumour: Next entry in Deus Ex Universe to feature online multiplayer?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Rumour: Next entry in Deus Ex Universe to feature online multiplayer?: Eidos Montreal posts job listing for "Online Programmer" for Deus Ex Universe project The slow burning mystery of the future of the Deus Ex series seems to be sprouting another chapter this...
  10. Microsoft on the $399 Xbox One rumour - "don't believe everything you read"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft on the $399 Xbox One rumour - "don't believe everything you read": It's "kind of a bummer", says Phil Spencer It's a slow news day today, so a big hand please for Aaron Greenberg, chief of staff for Microsoft's devices and studios group. He's just poured cold...