Roommate and I shared Xbox Live account, now we moved out and I wanna play a game that I paid ...

Discus and support Roommate and I shared Xbox Live account, now we moved out and I wanna play a game that I paid ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So my roommate and I shared an (his) account last year and I bought Overwatch with my own money. My roommate and I no longer live together but I still... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TRhodes9, Jan 14, 2018.

1. TRhodes9
    TRhodes9 Guest

Roommate and I shared Xbox Live account, now we moved out and I wanna play a game that I paid ...

So my roommate and I shared an (his) account last year and I bought Overwatch with my own money. My roommate and I no longer live together but I still have the Xbox, is there anyway for me to download the game to my own account? Can still contact my roommate
    if that makes a difference.

:)

TRhodes9, Jan 14, 2018
  2. Sykopath FN
    Sykopath FN Guest
    game sharing on a new xbox one console

I recently had a roommate that I would share xbox games with. he never bought games for me and was using me. we had a fallout and I had to kick him out lol. he wont answer his phone and I cant access his xbox anymore. I changed my password and made my account
    my home xbox so he wouldn't get my games. now im trying to game share with my brother. I set his account as my home xbox and im able to play his games that he bought. I have my account on his xbox also but i cant set it as my home xbox so he can have my games
    also. i only shared 1 out 3 times since i bought my xbox one. is their any solutions around this?

Sykopath FN, Jan 14, 2018
  3. Question about Xbox Home Gold

Hi, I am a PC Overwatch player but my brother plays on Xbox One. We ourselves live in separate cities but I just moved in with a guy who has an Xbox one and Xbox live gold, and I will be living with him for about 6 months. I picked up a copy of Overwatch
    today during the sale, so that I can play a night or two a week with my brother. Now, my roommate has Xbox Home Gold turned on, so when other people use their Microsoft accounts, they can play games online no problem.

But overwatch seems a little different in that the game itself is pretty much built around having an online account, with stats, skins, rank, whatnot. What I'm wondering is, I think when I eventually move out, I will get an Xbox one myself to keep playing
    with my bro. I assume when I set up overwatch it will be linked to my Microsoft account and will move with that account. But will I be able to tap into that home gold that my roommate has set up with a game like Overwatch for these 6 months? Or will I need
    to buy my own live for these 6 months for my Microsoft account in order to eventually be able to move it?

Thanks,

Rex

AbuzzKarma43959, Jan 14, 2018
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

All digital content is linked to the account that bought it & can not be transferred between accounts i'm afraid.

Daft Badger, Jan 14, 2018
  5. KindGryphon
    KindGryphon Guest
    Daft Badger is correct. Nothing is transferrable between accounts. If you bought the game off of your friends account then his account owns the game. Not yours. There is no way to change that.

If you want to be able to play the game for yourself without breaking the code of conduct you would need to purchase the game on your own account.

KindGryphon, Nov 1, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: