Roblox website/game lag spiking and high ping problems

Discus and support Roblox website/game lag spiking and high ping problems in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i was just playing the game, suddenly i notice the high ping and lag spikes. from my usual 160-200 ms it became 400+ ms with spikes to 1000ms and more... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by martin araneda, Mar 11, 2024.

1. Roblox website/game lag spiking and high ping problems

i was just playing the game, suddenly i notice the high ping and lag spikes.
    from my usual 160-200 ms it became 400+ ms with spikes to 1000ms and more
    obviusly like this the game is unplayable and i wouldnt mind because this problem happened to me before but it solved itself by just waiting, now its not solving itself no more
    i tried

• flushing dns
    • switched to google dns
    • restart pc and router
    • connected ethernet
    • troubleshoot connections
    • reinstalling roblox
    • playing roblox on microsoft shop version

none of the above helped
    i want to make clear that the only affected website and game its roblox, i can play other games, search and download things with no problem, is just roblox that have this lag spikes, i know is the internet because i connected to roblox game with my phone and the problem persists (using my house wifi obviusly)

:)

martin araneda, Mar 11, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Martin, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, contact Roblox Support:

https://www.roblox.com/support

I hope this helps.
  3. L4c3rd4 Win User

High Ping Spikes in games

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey AdityaKulkarni6, how are you today? Hope you're well.

So, that might be some ports that are not open on your router, making it difficult for you to properly have access to the servers, that may lead to a high ping on some games.

Try this:

Call your internet service provider, and ask them to open the ports described below on your router.

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)

Port 500 (UDP)

Port 3544 (UDP)

Port 4500 (UDP)

Also ask to disable and then, enable it again the UPnP function and if you have a modem and a router the process has to be done on both devices.

Besides, ask them to put their PC's IP in the DMZ zone configuration.
  4. NickD54 Win User

Lag and high ping spikes on series x

Only solution is to use Ethernet with WiFi totally disconnected for no lag it seems
  5. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Lag and high ping spikes on series x

Hello NickD54, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support.

I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. I would like you to go through the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500 (UDP).

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  6. DataDilemma Win User

Think they will ever fix these connection issues?

Connection problems to XBL / MW3 servers and lag spikes in game dont sound like the issue here. I have never heard of anyone having an issue of taking 20 minutes to find a match. It sounds more like the OP connection may have terribly high latency so he
    isnt being placed into lobies because the ping is too high. OP have you checked your connection stats lately, not just using a nearby location, but across the country and see whats returned?
Thema:

1. Roblox website/game lag spiking and high ping problems - Similar Threads - Roblox website game

2. When will Xbox Roblox -Voice chat/ chat ever be added

in XBoX Accessibility
    When will Xbox Roblox -Voice chat/ chat ever be added: When you join a game on Xbox version of ROBLOX it doesn't even have working option's for Voice chat, if you go to leaderboard the only option for voice chat is to enable it or disable it none...
  3. where do I find the code for the roblox digital card

in XBoX on Windows
    where do I find the code for the roblox digital card: I used my rewards points to get a Roblox digital card for 100 robux in rewards but I don't know how to redeem it on Roblox and I can't find the code for the card f7ca1fc4-e4c1-4ac8-b1a9-df636508ea41
  4. Screen glitching when playing roblox on fullscreen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen glitching when playing roblox on fullscreen: When I hop onto roblox and go fullscreen the screen glitches out and when in multiple displays its normal. My laptop is Dell Latitude E6440. 8a7783a4-3b18-4df2-b356-44261fa1c9e4
  5. I need help with my xbox / roblox card

in XBoX on Windows
    I need help with my xbox / roblox card: Hello anyone that reads this, I recently got a £20 xbox gift card and i redeemed the card on the site so I can get robux but unfortunately I dont use xbox so i dont kniw if there is going to be a...
  6. My internet starts to spike whenever I play Roblox, and it's really annoying.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My internet starts to spike whenever I play Roblox, and it's really annoying.: Roblox internet has been spiking for like a week now. I don't know why. Please help, Microsoft. 12f21ddb-5f2f-4d82-bf78-37b5d096e3aa
  7. Sorry I need my roblox account back I accidentally and I can't get it back because I forgot...

in XBoX on Windows
    Sorry I need my roblox account back I accidentally and I can't get it back because I forgot...: I need my pw for roblox if you guys can get it can you please b4171b36-64cc-4a48-8efa-d8df90ed8363
  8. What if you bought the robux from the Microsoft website but you don’t have the roblox app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What if you bought the robux from the Microsoft website but you don’t have the roblox app?: I bought $4.99 - 400 robux and I thought they will give us a code but they didn’t and I don’t have the roblox app. And I want to refund it but it was declined and it got declined. I would like a...
  9. Hello, they gave me coupons on the Roblox website from Microsoft. What to do with them and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello, they gave me coupons on the Roblox website from Microsoft. What to do with them and...: I decided to go to Roblox and saw a notification that they gave me a coupon from Microsoft f44d0b7d-2310-4d24-939b-08b8b2eca308
  10. Roblox Voice chat works on the website version, but not the microsoft store version?? why...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Roblox Voice chat works on the website version, but not the microsoft store version?? why...: Roblox Voice chat works on the website version, but not the microsoft store version?? why is this? a8190ded-4c67-48c8-a26b-33211b7f87a5