Roblox keeps crashing on launch, the most recent thing done was to do a Defender Offline Scan.

Discus and support Roblox keeps crashing on launch, the most recent thing done was to do a Defender Offline Scan. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've been having performance issues for the past few months and decided to first run a quick scan which resulted in 0 threats found, afterwhich I ran... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by HamzaBülbül, Dec 28, 2023.

1. Roblox keeps crashing on launch, the most recent thing done was to do a Defender Offline Scan.

I've been having performance issues for the past few months and decided to first run a quick scan which resulted in 0 threats found, afterwhich I ran the offline defender scan and wasn't able to find anything there either.
    I've started SFC /scannow as I started writing this question and midway through got the results stating that there were no integrity violations found.

Both OS and GPU drivers are up to date.

I play Roblox with my son and at times it used to crash to desktop but after the steps above, I've noticed I am no longer able to run Roblox.
    I'm able to play forza with minimal issues (such as some hiccups from time to time but they're short and not as often).

While trying to troubleshoot, I've also reinstalled Roblox ( had the XB version, installed Windows Store version )
    Which also resulted in it crashing on the roblox login screen.

Roblox keeps crashing on launch, the most recent thing done was to do a Defender Offline Scan. [​IMG]

:)

HamzaBülbül, Dec 28, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Roblox keeps crashing on launch, the most recent thing done was to do a Defender Offline Scan.

You're welcome!

We're glad that we were able to assist you with your concern today.

Yes, restart is indeed, very helpful and easy to perform troubleshooting because it helps your computer to clear up its memory/RAM.

Please do not hesitate to ask the community anytime just in case you have any questions in the future.

Happy Holidays to you!

Regards,
  3. HamzaBülbül Win User

Thank you Kathy.

Although a simple restart didn't fix the issue.
    The combination of Uninstalling, restarting and than reinstalling and restarting again did fix the issue of it crashing at launch.

Though I will keep these steps in mind for future troubleshooting attempts.
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you're trying to launch Roblox. Game launching issues happens when there is compatibility issue, third-party software preventing the game to launch and issues with either the game or PC.

Based on the information you provided, it seems that you have already taken some steps to troubleshoot the issue. Since you have already reinstalled Roblox and updated your drivers, the next step would be to try resetting the app. Here's how you can do it:

1. Press the Windows key + I to open Settings.

2. Click on Apps.

3. Scroll down and find Roblox.

4. Click on it and select Advanced options.

5. Scroll down and click on Reset.

If resetting the app doesn't work, you can also try running Roblox in compatibility mode. Here's how:

1. Right-click on the Roblox shortcut and select Properties.

2. Click on the Compatibility tab.

3. Check the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"

4. Select Windows 8 from the drop-down menu.

5. Click Apply and then OK.

Then, you may try the troubleshooting you have not tried for Xbox app game launching issues here: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox App for Windows

If issue still persists, you can try contacting Roblox support for further assistance.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Malware on MSN X box

Thank you for your response.

I would highly suggest you run the Microsoft Defender Offline. It is an offline scanning tool that runs from a trusted environment to help you protect your device from viruses and other malicious software without starting your operating system. Here's how:

Save any open files and close all apps and programs.

Select Start, and then select Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection.

On the Virus & threat protection screen, do one of the following:

In an up-to-date version of Windows 10 or Windows 11: Under Current threats, select Scan options.

In older versions of Windows 10: Under Threat history, select Run a new advanced scan.

Select Microsoft Defender Offline scan, and then select Scan Now.

You'll be prompted that you're about to be signed out of Windows. After you are done, your PC should restart. Microsoft Defender Offline will load and perform a quick scan of your PC in the recovery environment. When the scan has finished (usually takes about 15 minutes), your PC will automatically restart.

NOTE: You typically need administrator rights on the PC on which you plan to run Microsoft Defender Offline.

If you experience a Stop error on a blue screen when you run the offline scan, restart your device and try running a Microsoft Defender Offline scan again.

To see the Microsoft Defender Offline scan results:

Select Start, and then select Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection.

On the Virus & Threat protection screen in Windows 10, under Current Threats, select Scan options, and then select Protection History (In previous versions of Windows it may say Threat history).

Reference link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hel...
  6. LelandSmith4 Win User

Forza Horizon 5 won't launch

Okay so the only thing that's popping up for application logs at the time of an attempted launch is something to do with windows defender. "Updated Windows Defender status successfully to SECURITY_PRODUCT_STATE_ON."

Update edit: After tying again it seems that error in event viewer isnt even related to the crash.
Thema:

1. Roblox keeps crashing on launch, the most recent thing done was to do a Defender Offline Scan. - Similar Threads - Roblox keeps crashing

2. Why does my Roblox sign in screen keep freezing?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Roblox sign in screen keep freezing?: Earlier today I have reinstalled Roblox for a small issue, but now when I open Roblox it's takes me to the sign in and while im doing that my whole screen would freeze. At first I thought it was a...
  3. I downloaded roblox, but when I try to open it, it doesnt open and it keeps closing. Why...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I downloaded roblox, but when I try to open it, it doesnt open and it keeps closing. Why...: I downloaded roblox, but when I try to open it, it doesnt open and it keeps closing. I keep trying different things to open and start roblox, but no matter what I do it doesn;'t work....
  4. ROBLOX KEEPS CRASHING ON MICROSOFT STORE

in XBoX on Windows
    ROBLOX KEEPS CRASHING ON MICROSOFT STORE: So, it's been three months since I factory rested my laptop then I tried to install Roblox. Roblox installed successfully. However, when I open it, it makes the Windows error sound effect and...
  5. Roblox keeps crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Roblox keeps crashing: Hello, I am a roblox player that has been trying to play roblox on the Microsoft version but when it opens in the login and sign up options it keeps crashing I have tried going to settings > apps...
  6. Why does my cursor keep teleporting after i right click in roblox microsoft version

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my cursor keep teleporting after i right click in roblox microsoft version: right after installing microsoft roblox every time i right click my cursor keep ending up on a whole diffrent place, everytime i right click to change my pov it keep teleporting the cursor into...
  7. My Roblox keeps freezing and crashing on my Xbox one s no error message I’ve tried...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Roblox keeps freezing and crashing on my Xbox one s no error message I’ve tried...: My Roblox keeps freezing and crashing on my Xbox one s no error message I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling and hard resented my Xbox but the problem persists....
  8. The Roblox Microsoft Store App keeps shutting down.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Roblox Microsoft Store App keeps shutting down.: After 15 seconds of loading into a game I lose control of everything, I can't move my character, and the game just freezes up. I searched up how to fix my problem but nothing is helping. I tried...
  9. Why can I not join Rainbow Friends on Roblox on my XBOX One? I keep getting error code 103.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can I not join Rainbow Friends on Roblox on my XBOX One? I keep getting error code 103.: Why can I not join Rainbow Friends on Roblox on my XBOX One? I keep getting error code 103. 63b39f52-2827-4346-92bc-01cb7ee16b43
  10. My microsoft store roblox keeps crashing when launched

in XBoX on Windows
    My microsoft store roblox keeps crashing when launched: I dont know how or why its not launching When i launch it, It immediately closes or opens for a couple of seconds before closing. Ive tried redownloading it, repair it, reset it, update my...