RJ45 network connection port issues

Discus and support RJ45 network connection port issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, does anyone have issues with their RJ45 network connection port on their Xbox series X? When I plugged in the cable into a live data port and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Patrick Murphy7, Feb 26, 2023.

1. RJ45 network connection port issues

Hi all, does anyone have issues with their RJ45 network connection port on their Xbox series X? When I plugged in the cable into a live data port and then into the Xbox no lights come on (which should happen) and it says that there is no connection to the internet. I then tested my laptop with the same cable and and data port and that works fine, as it connects to the internet everytime, but nothing when I plug it into the port on the Xbox. Is this a common problem with Xbox series X? Any help with this would be great, thanks.

:)

Patrick Murphy7, Feb 26, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Patrick, before we assume that your console's RJ 45 input has a problem, have you tried connecting your console with another network cable?

Network cables have several categories like 5, 5e, 6, 7 etc and also two pin patterns, T568A and T568B, try to test your console with another network cable to see if it connects normally.
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Xbox One S conexão de rede com fio [Translation-Xbox One S Wired network connection]

4. I Rs NiNjA Win User

Xbox Beta for PC Breaks existing PC multiplayer

Hi ,

sorry to hear. I guess, your computer is not connected via RJ45 cable and the wireless mode (which the Computer use) is older / slower??

The app exchanges permanently data with the XBOX Network, while it is open, or a game that uses the Game Bar is open. Check via taskmanager, here you can see if your network utilization is too high.

Hope this helps and please keep us informed
    Hey G v zauBerBerg, network utilization is not an issue. I am connected via RJ45 and have gigabit internet.
  5. Ricardo Cintra Win User

"your security protocol wont work"

Hi my friend, how are You, You tried make connection of your console with your network by cable with RJ45? Try do this and try check for update
  6. TheVet96 Win User

Constant WIFI drops/not connecting on Xbox One X

Hello DJ!

I see you are trying to connect via wifi on the console. Are you able to connect via ethernet (RJ45)?

If not, have you ran the "test network connection" in network settings on the console?

Let us know so we can further assist you.
Thema:

1. RJ45 network connection port issues - Similar Threads - RJ45 network connection

2. If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?: If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever? 633f1604-25c1-4c0e-91b3-038884d6a47e
  3. My xbox one will not connect to my network even though all other devices in the house are

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one will not connect to my network even though all other devices in the house are: Im visiting family and brought my xbox with me and when i set it up to use it worked just fine. I turned it off when i was done and came back a few hours later to find that it disconnected from...
  4. My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...: My current network status says the following services is having issues and I bought my two games online and I can't play them , what do I do !? 044a95f1-4974-4e36-a680-99a15bc1c5f5
  5. How do I unlink a PlayStation Network account from my Microsoft account?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I unlink a PlayStation Network account from my Microsoft account?: My Microsoft account is unfortunately linked to a PlayStation Network account that is not my own. I am not sure how long that account has been connected to my Microsoft account, but I was only...
  6. Xbox is connected to the internet (downloads/updates working, and "check network...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox is connected to the internet (downloads/updates working, and "check network...: Updates are downloading, and the "check network connection" says all services are available and I am connected. However, the store won't load and multiplayer doesn't seem to work....
  7. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  8. 2 Xboxes same network voice chat problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    2 Xboxes same network voice chat problems: We have 2 Xboxes, an Xbox One Series X and an Xbox One X. Both running Plantronics wireless headsets. NAT is open. State of the art Black Hawk router current Gen $700 I paid for it. These xboxes...
  9. AT&T TV pixelated and freezes with Xbox RJ45

in XboX Networking Hardware
    AT&T TV pixelated and freezes with Xbox RJ45: AT&T TV pixelated and freezes with Xbox RJ45 This is sounding like a port is messed up somewhere, I would say trying out without going through the console and trying a different router main port....
  10. not internet connection xbox360 rj45 and wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    not internet connection xbox360 rj45 and wifi: I can not connect to the xboxlive despite trying all the available media on the microsoft site. I try the rj45 and wifi without success still no network connection displayed (red cross). I have...