Right joystick

Discus and support Right joystick in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; The right joystick on my xbox one controller is able to move around normally, however the character is constantly looking up; as if the joystick was... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by TarrantLuckett, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Right joystick

The right joystick on my xbox one controller is able to move around normally, however the character is constantly looking up; as if the joystick was stuck pointing up with no response when i move it around.

:)

TarrantLuckett, Sep 16, 2018
  2. RyanDonnelly
    RyanDonnelly Guest
    Icon is for which button on controller?

As onyx62is said, press your left joystick down. If you see one for the R press your right joystick down Right joystick :) Happy gaming!

RyanDonnelly, Sep 16, 2018
  3. OCRyzen
    OCRyzen Guest
    Right Analog stick making annoying sound

Press the Right Joystick in a few times & then, keep rotating the joystick 360 degrees & see if it still does it..

It it does, call Xbox Technical Support..

OCRyzen, Sep 16, 2018
  4. Right joystick

BaconisGood53, Sep 16, 2018
  5. You may need to consider buying a new controller.

Radiant Sword X, Sep 16, 2018
  6. XBF Diego M
    XBF Diego M Guest
    Hey Tarrant! Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm from the Xbox Forum team and would be happy to help. If the controller is up to date with updates, it could be that the controller is doing what we call "drifting" to a specific direction, even though you
    are not inputting the joystick in that direction. Generally for that issue we would recommend contacting
    Xbox Support to confirm warranty details and look into setting up a controller exchange. You may also register your Xbox and set up an order yourself at home by checking out
    our
    Devices
    section on Microsoft's support page. If you have any other questions please let us know or post another thread!

XBF Diego M, Sep 19, 2018
  7. XBF Jeremy Z
    XBF Jeremy Z Guest
    Hello, TarrantLuckett

Thank you for contacting Forums support!

The tips and responses above are great! But, here's some more tips/questions.

Just to clarify, is this happening in just one game or all games?

(If it's just the one game it can be a Developer issue or that's just how the game is made)

Does it happen on the home screen when you move all the way down does it go back up automatically?

If its just in the games or does happen often try this here
    Xbox Accessories

Using the link above will give access to the controller setting and can configure the joystick actions!

Please let me know if that works!

Thank you!

XBF Jeremy Z, Sep 19, 2018
  8. Right joystick

It happens everywhere, on every game, the home screen, everywhere. And it doesnt let me go down, its in a state of always going up.

TarrantLuckett, Sep 19, 2018
  9. XBF Brad A
    XBF Brad A Guest
    Hello Tarrant as the previous have said it is an issue known as drifting I get it a lot on my controllers and doesn't matter what game or what i am on it will move and when it is bad enough limits you from trying to maneuver on home screen or in game.

I would give us a call and see if it is in warranty and go from there Contact Us | Xbox Support

Thanks

Brad

Xbox forum team

XBF Brad A, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Right joystick