Right and left triggers on my xbox controller will move my mouse curser right and left

Discus and support Right and left triggers on my xbox controller will move my mouse curser right and left in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have tried the fix in this post... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NickTolman, Jul 14, 2023.

1. NickTolman
    NickTolman Guest

Right and left triggers on my xbox controller will move my mouse curser right and left

I have tried the fix in this post https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/controller-acting-like-a-mouse-on-windows-10/b0400895-3ae0-449e-8b34-e227d3cc201b

I have also tried other fixes I've found. I have tried installing the devices. Literally nothing works. It didn't start happening until about a month ago. Only the right and left triggers affect the mouse, none of the other buttons or the joysticks affect the mouse.

:)

NickTolman, Jul 14, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello NickTolman,

Upon checking this link (below), your current Xbox app seems to be part of Xbox App Preview. May we know if you have installed and signed into Insider Hub? That is one indication of you are part of Xbox Insider. As the Xbox app Preview version is part of the Xbox Insider Program.

Link: Xbox App Preview Archives - Xbox Wire

We encourage you to send feedback to the Team through the Xbox app select your gamerpic > ? Support > Give Feedback.

Regards,

3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello NickTolman,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are trying to use your Xbox Controller on PC however the controller seems to be moving the mouse curser. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

This could happen if the controller was mapped differently or else there is a setting that we need to set. We would like to ask for details about this concern.

1. May we ask when did this issue happen? Are you in the middle of the game and what game? Are you in the Windows desktop or app?
    2. Since this issue did not start a month ago, may we ask if this Windows device updated as well as Xbox apps?
    3. Did we install Xbox Accessories app?
    4. Are you playing Xbox games or EA games or Steam games?

For more details, please check these references:

All about the Xbox Accessories app | Xbox Support

Configure an Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support

Configure your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. NickTolman Win User

• Xbox app - 2307.1001.5.0
    • Xbox Accessories app - 2209.2209.14005.0
    • Xbox Gaming Services - 13.78.12002.0
    • Also, is your Windows device updated? - Yes, according to the update checker, the latest Windows 10 home update, at least as of 5:00am this morning.

I might be a part of the insider program. I don't remember signing up for it but it says PC insider program.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Hello NickTolman,

Thank you for waiting for our response.

There could be something interfering with your controller that cause this.

We notice that you mention this issue to happen on wired connection for both controllers (Elite and Xbox Wireless) may we ask if this issue persist when both controllers connected through Bluetooth?

How about connecting your controllers on other PC? Will issue persist?

We will wait for your reply.

Regards,
  6. Kathy A. Win User

Thema:

1. Right and left triggers on my xbox controller will move my mouse curser right and left - Similar Threads - Right left triggers

2. LEFT/RIGHT triggers always pressed on Xbox Series Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    LEFT/RIGHT triggers always pressed on Xbox Series Controller: Hi, I need help with this, no matter what I do LEFT/RIGHT triggers always pressed on my Xbox Series Controller aa38d959-03ea-4297-9cc9-d5264f1adc9b
  3. elite series 2 controller - slightly pressing left stick activates the right trigger

in XBoX on Consoles
    elite series 2 controller - slightly pressing left stick activates the right trigger: while this is a rare issue, it is not unique to me. moving the left stick causes the right trigger to fire. i have examined this closely and found that if i slightly depress the left trigger...
  4. xbox elite controller left stick acts as right trigger

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox elite controller left stick acts as right trigger: i’ve had my xbox elite controller for a while and i’ve never really had any problems, but now anytime i use the controller it’s like i’m holding down the right trigger all the time. when i play...
  5. Elite Contoller left stick is also activating right trigger

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Contoller left stick is also activating right trigger: I saw this as an old issue where someone tried plugging in their controller to fix it. It does not work for me. It will work for about five minutes but then I try to sprint and I shoot my weapons....
  6. Right Trigger Input Replaced With The Left Joystick

in XBoX Accessibility
    Right Trigger Input Replaced With The Left Joystick: Recently, I've started using my xbox one again, my controller stopped working, but I got a new one, it worked for a bit, but after restarting my xbox, for some reason, when I pressed the right...
  7. Right Trigger effects the Left Joystick.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Right Trigger effects the Left Joystick.: I've had this problem for a while now, when I press R2 on my controller the game performs an action as if the left stick was moved forward. I've had this happen in all the games I've played with...
  8. Wired XBOX One controller joystick drifts left ONLY when holding down the right trigger

in XBoX on Windows
    Wired XBOX One controller joystick drifts left ONLY when holding down the right trigger: When I hold down the right trigger in any game, the joystick drifts left as if I am pulling it fully to the left. It's driving me crazy. 2b2c79ce-e015-49aa-a20b-1e51885195f1
  9. Y-axis on the right analogue stick directly affects the left trigger

in XBoX on Consoles
    Y-axis on the right analogue stick directly affects the left trigger: Although this sounds stupid I have had this issue constantly for the past few months across multiple games on both PC and Xbox. An example of this being a problem is if I were to move the camera...
  10. Elite Contoller left stick is also activating right trigger?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Contoller left stick is also activating right trigger?: A couple of days ago while I was playing Rainbow Six siege I noticed sometimes when I tried to sprint my gun would fire. It would happen maybe once a match but nothing too bad. Since then, this...