Right analog stick not working on 360 console (console issue)

Discus and support Right analog stick not working on 360 console (console issue) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This appears to be a console issue, looking for tips. I was playing a game and the right stick suddenly stopped working. It's an older controller so I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EllipticPlanet0, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Right analog stick not working on 360 console (console issue)

This appears to be a console issue, looking for tips.

I was playing a game and the right stick suddenly stopped working. It's an older controller so I quit and happened to have a new controller anyways so I unpackaged it. This controller has the same problem. I can navigate the screen with the left stick, and
    use buttons, but the console isn't picking up a signal from the right stick. I have a third controller my wife uses. Same issue. All of a sudden the 360 console is not picking up anything from the right stick from three separate controllers (one new).

:)

EllipticPlanet0, Nov 18, 2015
  2. SkOrPiOn5
    SkOrPiOn5 Guest
    Xbox 360 Left Analog Stick

I was recently using my Xbox 360, and was on the home/start screen and the left analog stick was not working. I started a game (Forza Horizon) and the left analog stick was working perfectly. What's wrong?

SkOrPiOn5, Nov 18, 2015
  3. Seriously microsoft this console is pathetic....

My left analog stick is looser than the right stick. I noticed that a couple of days ago. Figured it was because of COD. On my PS3 I went through 3 controllers with the left analog stick having issues. I had an issue with the controller on my 360 as well;
    left analog stick. So it might be an issue not sure. I'll probably just buy another controller when they come out in different colors and go from there with it unless it gets worse.

Flint SithLord, Nov 18, 2015
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Sorry to hear it. Have you tried restarting the console to see if that resolves the issue?

onyxishere, Nov 18, 2015
  5. Yes, even unplugging it for over ten minutes. Funnily enough, depressing the right stick still works (as a button function) for games and netflix, just no movement. Once again this is with multiple controllers.

EllipticPlanet0, Nov 18, 2015
  6. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    That is definitely an odd issue. Do you have access to another console that you can try those controllers on? If they work there then the console may be in need of a repair.

onyxishere, Nov 18, 2015
  7. DAZZA 433
    DAZZA 433 Guest
    Hi EllipticPlanet 0

That is a strange issue to be having, If you try the controllers with another console and they work fine then i would say that the Receiver board which is located behind the face plate with the consoles power button on may have developed a fault.

[Mod Removed: No self-repair suggestions/discussions, please]

DAZZA 433, Nov 19, 2015
  8. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Dazza, please be aware that discussion of self repair or modifications of consoles is not allowed on the forums.

onyxishere, Oct 31, 2018
  9. DAZZA 433 Win User

Hi EllipticPlanet 0

That is a strange issue to be having, If you try the controllers with another console and they work fine then i would say that the Receiver board which is located behind the face plate with the consoles power button on may have developed a fault.

[Mod Removed: No self-repair suggestions/discussions, please]
  10. onyxishere Win User

Sorry to hear it. Have you tried restarting the console to see if that resolves the issue?
  11. onyxishere Win User

Dazza, please be aware that discussion of self repair or modifications of consoles is not allowed on the forums.
  12. onyxishere Win User

That is definitely an odd issue. Do you have access to another console that you can try those controllers on? If they work there then the console may be in need of a repair.
  13. EllipticPlanet0 Win User

Yes, even unplugging it for over ten minutes. Funnily enough, depressing the right stick still works (as a button function) for games and netflix, just no movement. Once again this is with multiple controllers.
Thema:

1. Right analog stick not working on 360 console (console issue) - Similar Threads - Right analog stick

2. My elite series 2 controller disconnects whenever I press the right analog stick

in XBoX on Consoles
    My elite series 2 controller disconnects whenever I press the right analog stick: Hello I have recently purchased an Elite series 2 controller. I have had a elite series 2 in the pass and I have the same problem. Whenever I simply press down on the right anolag stick it just...
  3. My Xbox series elite 2 turns off when I press the right analog stick and it's not a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series elite 2 turns off when I press the right analog stick and it's not a...: The controller just turns off when RS is pressed and refuses to turn back on until plugged in. I just bought it and it's the second one to do this. I exchanged the 2nd one....
  4. right analog stick not working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    right analog stick not working.: saturday morning i was playing warzone.. everything was working perfectly. 9onfe i got home from work that night. my right analog stick on my wired controller was not responding, in the game AND...
  5. Why pressing LT switches my left and right analog sticks

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why pressing LT switches my left and right analog sticks: In mw2 & now mw3 pressing LT switches my left analog to aim and right analog to move. When I release it it switches back to normal. Seems to only happen with MW2 & MW3 games. All other FPS works...
  6. Why is my right analog stick not working on Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my right analog stick not working on Xbox: Why has my right xbox analogue stick stopped working but shows up as working when I go to test it.It’s not a controller problem because I have 2 controllers and they both worked flawlessly on the...
  7. my controller keeps looking up its the right analog stick, in every game and when i text,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my controller keeps looking up its the right analog stick, in every game and when i text,...: controller keeps looking at the roof, do i reset my xbox, buy the hard wire( by pushing three bottoms on the front of the xbox), or in dashboard, i tried to reset my controller still nothing, it...
  8. The right stick on my Xbox 360 wireless moves around from left while I don't move the analog

in XBoX on Consoles
    The right stick on my Xbox 360 wireless moves around from left while I don't move the analog: The right stick was working fine yesterday, but when I turn on the console and play the game, the stick moves around from left. Does anyone know what caused this? Thank you Best Wishes -Sajad...
  9. My Xbox controller's left analog stick is unresponsive in only the right direction.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller's left analog stick is unresponsive in only the right direction.: I've had this controller (Which is a PDP model that is listed as being officially licensed by Xbox) for about six months now. Very suddenly it has begun to experience an issue where the left...
  10. I have a wired Xbox one controller and somehow the right analog stick broke last night.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a wired Xbox one controller and somehow the right analog stick broke last night.: When I'm on the controller configuration or whatever it is in the setting it's not reading the input when I move the analog stick to the left, so again, right analog stick not reading the left...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. right analog stick not working xbox one