Revisiting the Xbox 360. Need your opinion? (New account vs old account)

Discus and support Revisiting the Xbox 360. Need your opinion? (New account vs old account) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; hey guys. im new here. anyways. i used to be a big achievement hunter a few years ago but then moved to the ps3 for a while where i gained an addiction... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Filmfrog, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Filmfrog
    Filmfrog Guest

hey guys. im new here. anyways. i used to be a big achievement hunter a few years ago but then moved to the ps3 for a while where i gained an addiction to trophies.

so to cut a long story short, my addiction went overboard to the point where i was wasting tons of money. so ive been learning to overcome the addiction by playing for fun and stepping away from the ps3 for a while and coming back to the 360 as a "healing
    process". may sound dumb i know.

but my question is, should i redownload my old profile where i was a big achievement hunter (i think it got to around 36,000g) - or should i start fresh, kind of like a new begnning?

ps. sorry about the wall of text. using the ps vita. ill come back and edit this later on on the laptop.

PPS. This account () isn't the "other 36,000" account obviously.

:)

Filmfrog, Jan 19, 2014
  2. totecx1
    totecx1 Guest
    Ran into an issue with backwards compatible games. (Please Help.)

Your old gamertag is in the xbox 360 cache you have to go to settings and remove the linked account before you can add the new one. This happened to me 2 when i changed the lame tag microsoft assigned me. Even if you put the correct information and passcodes ot wont download your new gamertag until you remove the old linked account

totecx1, Jan 19, 2014
  3. Monty Nine
    Monty Nine Guest
    Accounts ?

I would think you don't need to make them gold just make your kids silver live on 360 then sign them in on one

Monty Nine, Jan 19, 2014
  4. Creatable
    Creatable Guest

I'd get back your old account, just don't achievement hunt. Or, if you do achievement hunt, don't buy new games just for achievements!

Creatable, Jan 20, 2014
  5. get a new one, its like an alcoholic working in a pub

OmittedCracker7, Jan 20, 2014
  6. Auswulf
    Auswulf Guest
    Obsessive compulsive disorder? If so either way it is gonna bug you. Maybe play on a platform that has no achievements/trophies?

Auswulf, Oct 31, 2018
  7. OmittedCracker7 Win User

get a new one, its like an alcoholic working in a pub
  8. Auswulf Win User

Obsessive compulsive disorder? If so either way it is gonna bug you. Maybe play on a platform that has no achievements/trophies?
  9. Creatable Win User

I'd get back your old account, just don't achievement hunt. Or, if you do achievement hunt, don't buy new games just for achievements!
  10. spursYIDkid88 Win User

Using the Xbox 360 Power cable on my new Elite console ???

11. goyanks135 Win User

Transfer saves to different account

Each 360 account can be associated with a Live account.

Currently I have:

old 360 account -> associated with my Live account but with the old gamertag

new 360 account -> associated with my Live account but with the new gamertag

The new account got created when I downloaded my profile using my microsoft sign in. The old account was associated with the same microsoft sign in but it didn't recognize my gamertag change. Now it won't let me sign in to live because it asks for my microsoft
    sign in details. I'm guessing the sign in fails because it's trying to find the microsoft account associated with the old gamertag.

I either need to somehow transfer my saves over to the new 360 account so I can upload them to the cloud, or I need someway for my Xbox to realize that my gamertag changed on the old account so I can sign into live again with that account.
Thema:

1. Revisiting the Xbox 360. Need your opinion? (New account vs old account) - Similar Threads - Revisiting 360 Need

2. Is xbox live on 360 down?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is xbox live on 360 down?: Its not letting me sign in or up 80e80f70-786c-4e88-a729-651e13a110a9
  3. Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?: So I have my Xbox 360 E and I wanted to connect it to internet because I heard that the Xbox 360 E has it built in so I don’t. Need to buy any extra stuff but when I try connecting it to my WiFi...
  4. Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...: (( sorry for my bad english)) I have read that you can play xbox classic games om any 360. But is it true? Because i want to play Need for speed underground 2 ect...
  5. Xbox 360 network and live pro

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 network and live pro: Hi! Dear helping hands, I’m having an issue accessing my Xbox live account referring to (Mod Removed) Console number: (Mod Removed) ✓ We tried many solutions we have found on the net. ✓...
  6. How can i play minecraft with friends on xbox 360?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can i play minecraft with friends on xbox 360?: I know that xbox live gold now is game pass core, but i want to be sure that when i will redeem game pass core code i would be able to play online. be780707-f773-462d-b006-4b52ef2c6e44
  7. how to use mono on xbox 360 E

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to use mono on xbox 360 E: hello so i use BROKEN speakers(best option for now) with one audio channel missing so how do i get mono on the xbox 360 e(audio jack) i have tried the Obvious way aka going into audio settings...
  8. Why is the Xbox 360 isolated from other devices?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the Xbox 360 isolated from other devices?: why this console can't play with people on other devices like PC, phone? 14f2a83b-2abc-4da7-af1c-92a6649f3744
  9. Please Re-review/Revisit My Case

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please Re-review/Revisit My Case: I have been banned for quite some time. I lost hope, until I got harassed. This altercation made me want to investigate this case again. Please revisit my case or re-review my case... I feel that...
  10. Anybody revisit old(er) games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anybody revisit old(er) games?: Simple question. For some random reason I popped in Dead Space on Friday... I guess I just wanted to try that "50% shields/Asteroid" achievement. (I succeeded btw) So, does anyone else randomly...