Review Embargos

Discus and support Review Embargos in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; @ Azrael Yes, you're correct... The Devs don't, but I couldn't see where anyone here said they did? I have seen Gaming Journo's explain it the way I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FlashedSauce514, Mar 5, 2014.

  1. xenomorph v1
    xenomorph v1 Guest

    Review Embargos


    @ Azrael

    Yes, you're correct... The Devs don't, but I couldn't see where anyone here said they did?

    I have seen Gaming Journo's explain it the way I did "Also if game journo's break embargoes, they won't be given future games from those publishers again." - That means they won't be given games to preview... That's where I got it from (direct from the journo).
    But you are also correct about the advertising thing.

    It's kind of the same thing as when a game breaks "street date"... That retailer may get fined, and or not be allowed to sell that publishers games in the future.
     
    xenomorph v1, Mar 6, 2014
    #16
  2. If the game developers/publishers don't want bad publicity from review sites, then they need to make good games - it's as simple as that. The very idea of having embargoes in the 1st place inherently supports the development of bad games which, IMO, should
    not be allowed.
     
    Galactic Geek, Mar 6, 2014
    #17
  3. @GG

    i get what your saying, but on the same sense, what makes a reviews judgement of a game any better then mine or yours? look at ryse. i loved it and would easily give it an 8-8.5 but it's metacritic was like a 6-6.2 or somehting. way too low. People shouldn't
    listen to reviewers to decide on games. If i wanted an opinon, i'd trust one of a friend who has similar taste in games as me, then from a random person who does it for a living. Its not like you need to have a certain skill set to review a game. Plus there
    is always the DB reviewer that will crap on a game giving it way too low of a score to get hits on their site for being controversial and the fanboy DB or "official" publication that rates it too high. remember when the first KZ was released and OPM gave it
    a 9.0 and called it a masterpiece and everyone else gave it around a 7? i mean biased much? I don't care to pay attention to reviews anyway. I don't think some random guy on the internet knows if i'll like a game better then myself. If anything i'd like to
    see more beta's and demo's for games then reviews
     
    Upinya Slayin, Mar 6, 2014
    #18
  4. Review Embargos

    The most recent embargo was for the Stick of Truth, which ended up being fantastic. There were some low scores (7-7.5) and some great reviews (9-9.5), so I don't put too much stock in the whole "embargo=bad game" nonsense. Sometimes they just don't want
    things to be spoiled for the audience.
     
    RakkaDisciprine, Mar 6, 2014
    #19
  5. @GG then games like Ryse, Crimson Dragon, Max, or Peggle would have crashed before release. Its more of a way to let people play the game then decide fir themselves while they compare their own review to the gaming sites and other social media outlets.

    And as leaking information has seemingly become the normal, it is something that really should stay in place as is.
     
    Listed mia 510, Mar 6, 2014
    #20
  6. unfortunately, there are no game demos over xbox live for xbox one games, I think. the only demo that even comes close to qualifying is the recent titanfall beta which over two MILLION users played over the 5 days that it was open.

    and I was one of them. if the OP is trying to get people to troll titanfall for him, he's SOL because that is a great game. It sure was fun to play a lot of last titan standing....
     
    IgotTSondabrain, Mar 6, 2014
    #21
  7. No demo's, I'm looking at 9 demo's right now. They may not be the hottest games ever, but then why spend money on a demo these company's know people will buy the game anyways without needing said demo!
     
    Listed mia 510, Mar 6, 2014
    #22
  8. Review Embargos

    Not trolling and used tf as an example only

    In the old days u used to get reviews weeks in advance

    Now it seems you get media review blackout, hype a game, say you get an exclusive camo or map if you preorder

    If a game got bad reviews some preorders would get cancelled
     
    FlashedSauce514, Mar 6, 2014
    #23
  9. Looking forward to what Eurogamer are going to score the game. They have been quite quiet about the game so far...
     
    ResidentWebbo, Mar 6, 2014
    #24
  10. RippenHarra
    RippenHarra Guest
    If you read something like gameinformer, they always get a hands on of a game in development at some stage and give a part review at that point in time. It's basically an early review. It still happens.
     
    RippenHarra, Mar 7, 2014
    #25
  11. -If the game developers/publishers don't want bad publicity from review sites, then they need to make good games - it's as simple as that.

    Sometimes, but reviewers can also be so harsh on a game that no one buys it, even though it's actually a good game. Ryse is a good example. Such low scores, but the game had one of the most gripping and engrossing stories I have ever played.
     
    Fatalshock8912, Mar 7, 2014
    #26
  12. Although I can understand a bad reviewer here & there, they can't all be wrong can they? Ryse was a good game, but it wasn't great - personally, I think many of the reviewers were right about it. In the end, it's all subjective anyways. Everyone must decide
    for themselves.
     
    Galactic Geek, Mar 7, 2014
    #27
  13. voteDC
    voteDC Guest

    Review Embargos

    I'm always slightly wary of games with embargos. Simply because I start to wonder "what are they hiding?"

    What is it about the game that might put people off buying it if they were informed of the point before hand.
     
    voteDC, Mar 7, 2014
    #28
  14. N7 Gh0stz
    N7 Gh0stz Guest
    @CLOUD it means someone cant upload stuff about it or talk about ot the alpha test had it and so on
     
    N7 Gh0stz, Oct 31, 2018
    #29
  15. bstn617 Win User

    Review embargos?

  16. brandiesel1 Win User

    Review embargos?

    The one for the original Xbox was awesome. I can't wait til my kids are in bed tomorrow night so I can play this.
  17. SkellyMania Win User

    Review embargos?

    I have Wolfenstein coming at me in the post. I'm glad that it's turned out good, can't remember the last time I played a FPS with a radial menu.
  18. ZombieDeano Win User

    Review embargos?

    If a game gets positive reviews the embargo usually breaks early. This is worrying as I am looking forward to wolfenstein, but I've seen some horrendous AI footage. Watch dogs is another that's been getting a negative response. Maybe game companies should
    lay off on the amount of hype they create. It's too much and often ends up falling short of peoples expectations.
  19. RippenHarra Win User

    Review Embargos

    After reading most reviews on Ryse they made it sound like hot garbage, glad I bought it to find out that is actually very good and quite challenging to master.
Thema:

Review Embargos

Loading...
  1. Review Embargos - Similar Threads - Review Embargos

  2. Disc‑to‑Digital game reviews are being flagged as “Off Topic” and removed — possible...

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc‑to‑Digital game reviews are being flagged as “Off Topic” and removed — possible...: In the Insider App, I only have access to Delta and Omega features, no beta or others versions on my Series X console, now I know my reviews are not always good, but I never wrote anything under...
  3. Missing insider shield badge review - level 15/ 128 reports / 3.5 years

    in XboX Insiders
    Missing insider shield badge review - level 15/ 128 reports / 3.5 years: Hi Xbox Insider Team / Mods, I’m writing to request a manual review for my Xbox Insider profile badges. I’ve been quietly grinding away in the program for 3 years and 5 months (currently in the...
  4. on my xbox series x Xbox console Store reviews are basically gone/“No one has rated…”...

    in XboX Insiders
    on my xbox series x Xbox console Store reviews are basically gone/“No one has rated…”...: For the last ~5 weeks, user reviews on the Xbox console Store UI are NOT loading for me across basically everything I’ve tested. On the console Store, the Reviews tab either shows: “No one has...
  5. Xbox review and best service for all the years

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox review and best service for all the years: To the Xbox Team, I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you for everything you do. Xbox has been such a huge part of my life, and I genuinely love the platform. From the incredible games to...
  6. Xbox App Suggestion for Game Reviews to be Added

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox App Suggestion for Game Reviews to be Added: I’d love to see the ability to leave game reviews directly within the Xbox App on mobile and PC. Right now, reviews are limited to the console or the Microsoft Store website, which isn’t always...
  7. Why wont my case reviews go through i have tried everything

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Why wont my case reviews go through i have tried everything: So I got banned on Saturday of last week and there was no given reason I have been submitting case reports and nothing has gone through and checking my email and nothing I just wanna get unbanned...
  8. Account (5 strikes) Suspension. No details given. Review denied. No case review email received.

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Account (5 strikes) Suspension. No details given. Review denied. No case review email received.: I was playing warzone the other night and I got a notification on my Xbox saying an enforcement had been placed on my account. Account (5 strikes) Appeal Denied Start: 05/06/2025, 00:20 End:...
  9. Xbox cloud review as an south american.

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox cloud review as an south american.: As an avid gamer, I was enthusiastic about trying out Xbox Cloud Gaming, especially with the potential for flexibility it promised. However, my experience has been incredibly frustrating,...
  10. Can someone help me get my xbox account reviewed for unban?

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Can someone help me get my xbox account reviewed for unban?: Hello, serious inquiry. when i was like 12 i followed a youtube tutorial to make my xbox 360 avatars skin color green. a few hours later im playing minecraft and get banned for over 1000 years....