Review embargos?

Discus and support Review embargos? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Even without a review,watching clips on Upload or streaming on Twitch,can give a good idea about a game....This is what i usually do,now.When i'm not sure. Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Shaggy2000, May 19, 2014.

  1. Tzar of kaos
    Tzar of kaos Guest

    Review embargos?


    Even without a review,watching clips on Upload or streaming on Twitch,can give a good idea about a game....This is what i usually do,now.When i'm not sure.
     
    Tzar of kaos, May 19, 2014
    #16
  2. I didn't even think of twitch streaming.

    Watched someone play Spiderman 2 the morning of launch when it was up for digital download.

    At that point I didn't bother reading reviews, I could tell I didn't want to spend $60 on it. Not because it wasn't playing well, but because it didn't look that fun to me, and for the price.

    However, actually having control of the game is the true test. I can't stand watching people play certain games, but love when I am playing it.
     
    CollapseControl, May 19, 2014
    #17
  3. N7 Gh0stz
    N7 Gh0stz Guest
    well iv just got past the train bit (the bit they showed a video of) i wonder if there are more scences like that
     
    N7 Gh0stz, May 19, 2014
    #18
  4. Review embargos?

    Doesn't really bother me as I try not to read reviews. I can understand why a lot of people would be worried about review embargos, but I also understand why developers have them.
     
    BHC Bluez n 2z, May 19, 2014
    #19
  5. Azrael008uk
    Azrael008uk Guest
    Wolfenstein is really good fun.

    You'd be foolish to miss it.
     
    Azrael008uk, May 19, 2014
    #20
  6. I'm excited for Wolfenstein. I haven't played any of the newer ones...I'm old school only played Wolfenstein 3-d on an IBM 486 I think. LOL.
     
    Flint SithLord, May 19, 2014
    #21
  7. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    The one for the original Xbox was awesome. I can't wait til my kids are in bed tomorrow night so I can play this.
     
    brandiesel1, May 19, 2014
    #22
  8. bstn617
    bstn617 Guest

    Review embargos?

    I am looking forward to Playing Wolfenstein but can't get over the size of the day one patch, Its kinda crazy. People downloading this game are in for it hope you got a good connection.

    GadgetellSolutions Media -
     
    bstn617, May 19, 2014
    #23
  9. voteDC
    voteDC Guest
    Pretty much 8gb for a patch?

    I would expect that sort of size on my PC where they must account for different hardware configurations but on a console?
     
    voteDC, May 19, 2014
    #24
  10. bstn617
    bstn617 Guest
    Ya it's a big patch and I can't even understand what it's for. The article I linked is the only one I can find that explains it at all and I still don't get it.
     
    bstn617, May 19, 2014
    #25
  11. N7 Gh0stz
    N7 Gh0stz Guest
    i still havent had sed patch
     
    N7 Gh0stz, May 20, 2014
    #26
  12. III Cujo III
    III Cujo III Guest
    I usually know everything about a game before it drops, I like reading reviews, but I never determine what I will buy based on someone else's opinion.
     
    III Cujo III, May 20, 2014
    #27
  13. Azrael008uk
    Azrael008uk Guest

    Review embargos?

    For Wolfenstein at least you didn't buy it for the PC and get hit with a mandatory 10GB patch.
     
    Azrael008uk, Oct 31, 2018
    #28
  14. bstn617 Win User

    Review embargos?

  15. brandiesel1 Win User

    Review embargos?

    The one for the original Xbox was awesome. I can't wait til my kids are in bed tomorrow night so I can play this.
  16. SkellyMania Win User

    Review embargos?

    I have Wolfenstein coming at me in the post. I'm glad that it's turned out good, can't remember the last time I played a FPS with a radial menu.
  17. ZombieDeano Win User

    Review embargos?

    If a game gets positive reviews the embargo usually breaks early. This is worrying as I am looking forward to wolfenstein, but I've seen some horrendous AI footage. Watch dogs is another that's been getting a negative response. Maybe game companies should
    lay off on the amount of hype they create. It's too much and often ends up falling short of peoples expectations.
  18. RippenHarra Win User

    Review Embargos

    After reading most reviews on Ryse they made it sound like hot garbage, glad I bought it to find out that is actually very good and quite challenging to master.
Thema:

Review embargos?

Loading...
  1. Review embargos? - Similar Threads - Review embargos

  2. Disc‑to‑Digital game reviews are being flagged as “Off Topic” and removed — possible...

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc‑to‑Digital game reviews are being flagged as “Off Topic” and removed — possible...: In the Insider App, I only have access to Delta and Omega features, no beta or others versions on my Series X console, now I know my reviews are not always good, but I never wrote anything under...
  3. Missing insider shield badge review - level 15/ 128 reports / 3.5 years

    in XboX Insiders
    Missing insider shield badge review - level 15/ 128 reports / 3.5 years: Hi Xbox Insider Team / Mods, I’m writing to request a manual review for my Xbox Insider profile badges. I’ve been quietly grinding away in the program for 3 years and 5 months (currently in the...
  4. on my xbox series x Xbox console Store reviews are basically gone/“No one has rated…”...

    in XboX Insiders
    on my xbox series x Xbox console Store reviews are basically gone/“No one has rated…”...: For the last ~5 weeks, user reviews on the Xbox console Store UI are NOT loading for me across basically everything I’ve tested. On the console Store, the Reviews tab either shows: “No one has...
  5. Xbox review and best service for all the years

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox review and best service for all the years: To the Xbox Team, I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you for everything you do. Xbox has been such a huge part of my life, and I genuinely love the platform. From the incredible games to...
  6. Xbox App Suggestion for Game Reviews to be Added

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox App Suggestion for Game Reviews to be Added: I’d love to see the ability to leave game reviews directly within the Xbox App on mobile and PC. Right now, reviews are limited to the console or the Microsoft Store website, which isn’t always...
  7. Why wont my case reviews go through i have tried everything

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Why wont my case reviews go through i have tried everything: So I got banned on Saturday of last week and there was no given reason I have been submitting case reports and nothing has gone through and checking my email and nothing I just wanna get unbanned...
  8. Account (5 strikes) Suspension. No details given. Review denied. No case review email received.

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Account (5 strikes) Suspension. No details given. Review denied. No case review email received.: I was playing warzone the other night and I got a notification on my Xbox saying an enforcement had been placed on my account. Account (5 strikes) Appeal Denied Start: 05/06/2025, 00:20 End:...
  9. Xbox cloud review as an south american.

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox cloud review as an south american.: As an avid gamer, I was enthusiastic about trying out Xbox Cloud Gaming, especially with the potential for flexibility it promised. However, my experience has been incredibly frustrating,...
  10. Can someone help me get my xbox account reviewed for unban?

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Can someone help me get my xbox account reviewed for unban?: Hello, serious inquiry. when i was like 12 i followed a youtube tutorial to make my xbox 360 avatars skin color green. a few hours later im playing minecraft and get banned for over 1000 years....