Revert Edge App to pre-update stable version until significant fixes have been made to new edge

Discus and support Revert Edge App to pre-update stable version until significant fixes have been made to new edge in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; PLEASE FIX IT, why has it taken so long to address? Microsoft, you could have at least reverted it to it's older stable version while you fix the bugs... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by rokstrpunk101, May 17, 2018.

1. Revert Edge App to pre-update stable version until significant fixes have been made to new edge

PLEASE FIX IT, why has it taken so long to address? Microsoft, you could have at least reverted it to it's older stable version while you fix the bugs in the new version; that seems like common sense and no one would be mad about having to wait
    for the new update since at least the pre-update edge worked. Instead of doing the quick & easy temp fix by reverting back you have every Xbox user unable to use edge, which isn't biggest deal in the world except since there are literally no other legitimate
    app alternatives for web browsing on the xbox besides edge (I think there's 2 crapware browsers in the store that aren't even worth the download, trust me I checked) anyone wanting to utilize their xbox to experience the web on the their big screens are basically
    out of luck until you all decide to fix it....and who knows how long that might be.

With all that being said I was actually pleasantly surprised about the changes & additional features finally be incorporated into edge; I've always felt since basically the entire time xone has been out, that it's sorely lacked many standard features
    found in pretty much any other browser, whether it be mobile, pc or some other device. So the fact that Microsoft has finally decided to update it makes me hopeful they will continue to make improvements/add features in the future! However,
    sadly this seems more and more unlikely as now i'm worried about whether or not they will even fix x1 edge or will just leave it in it's abysmal state as it seems Microsoft clearly has no love for the app (or at least the x1 port of the app). I'm crossing
    my fingers that's not the case ;/

:)

rokstrpunk101, May 17, 2018
  2. AfroMason
    AfroMason Guest
    Edge is ****, change my mind

Is anyone else after the recent update been unable to use Edge? For me the **** app has now been rendered useless, I remember how bad edge was before so how could they have possibly **** it up even more?

AfroMason, May 17, 2018
  3. MauRoNRa
    MauRoNRa Guest
    Edge not scaling properly

So after the april update the edge app is smoother at least for me in the few sites i visit, and it seems is the UWP version, however scaling is broken since i have a 1920x1080 screen and the app adjusts itself to something around
    ~1600x900 not critical but certainly annoying, i turned off the ability of apps to scale automaticaly to fit and it goes out of bounds. please fix it, be it edge or xbox team...

MauRoNRa, May 17, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Revert Edge App to pre-update stable version until significant fixes have been made to new edge