Returning the first Xbox I hope this is the last

Discus and support Returning the first Xbox I hope this is the last in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I assure you I have the Xbox. Isn't my avatar a clear indication (coming from a guy with 0 gamerscore)? I am not here to troll I am passing on my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TMorss2011, Jan 16, 2014.

  1. TMorss2011
    TMorss2011 Guest

    Returning the first Xbox I hope this is the last


    I assure you I have the Xbox. Isn't my avatar a clear indication (coming from a guy with 0 gamerscore)? I am not here to troll I am passing on my experience with the system thus far.
     
    TMorss2011, Jan 16, 2014
    #16
  2. TMorss2011
    TMorss2011 Guest
    I don't have any apps open when I play games that I am aware of. Is there a menu that shows everything that is running and has the option to turn thing off?
     
    TMorss2011, Jan 16, 2014
    #17
  3. To point out a flaw of logic, you can have an Avatar without a Xbox but that aside...

    You cannot see all processed opened at once. However you can see which you can turn off. Press the Menu button with the app highlighted. There should be a quit option. After those are stopped the ones running should be shown where they once were. You can
    also stop all programs by just restarting your console.
     
    Karch V Amadeo, Jan 16, 2014
    #18
  4. TMorss2011
    TMorss2011 Guest

    Returning the first Xbox I hope this is the last

    I actually do quit apps with the menu button when I am done.
     
    TMorss2011, Jan 16, 2014
    #19
  5. Then you were truly unlucky. Which ISP do you have?
     
    Karch V Amadeo, Jan 16, 2014
    #20
  6. TMorss2011
    TMorss2011 Guest
    I have Charter Communications
     
    TMorss2011, Jan 16, 2014
    #21
  7. TMorss2011
    TMorss2011 Guest
    I am not sure if this helps but jotted down some information before I exchanged it. My console build info:

    Team: FDOU

    LOT No./Date: 1351X

    WO

    Model No: 1540/1520

    If anyone else has similar issues this may be related if it was a bad batch.
     
    TMorss2011, Jan 16, 2014
    #22
  8. TMorss2011
    TMorss2011 Guest

    Returning the first Xbox I hope this is the last

    The lot number on my new is 1347X
     
    TMorss2011, Jan 16, 2014
    #23
  9. TMorss2011
    TMorss2011 Guest
    My old one was pretty well silent. The new is not necessarily "loud" but noticeably more fan noise.
     
    TMorss2011, Jan 16, 2014
    #24
  10. [quote user="AcuraDriver08"]

    I had first purchased the PS4 but I really missed Xbox Live and the flow of my 360. So I sold my PS4 and purchased an Xbox One, so far it is has been an awful experience.

    [/quote]

    lol



    So much irony!
     
    SunwardSquire26, Jan 16, 2014
    #25
  11. Coreldan
    Coreldan Guest
    [quote user="AcuraDriver08"]

    My old one was pretty well silent. The new is not necessarily "loud" but noticeably more fan noise.

    [/quote]

    This could be if your old X1 had problems getting full power out of the system (you mentioned everything being laggy etc) that the fans didn't need to work much at all. So now that you have a functional X1, it also heats up more thus fans creating more sound
    due to spinning faster. Or it could be another defect, but wouldn't know that without comparing to other X1s.
     
    Coreldan, Jan 16, 2014
    #26
  12. jaihawk
    jaihawk Guest
    Decent gaming PC> paid $350 for the tower (refurbed HP). $150 for the video card. In short, you could have afforded a gaming PC.
     
    jaihawk, Jan 16, 2014
    #27
  13. Blitz23 NZ
    Blitz23 NZ Guest

    Returning the first Xbox I hope this is the last

    Sory to hear you've had such a bad time so far. I have to say although I love my X1, the build quality has been a bit of a let down Returning the first Xbox I hope this is the last :(

    My Kinect broke and is off getting fixed.

    One friend got a Day 1 edition in January(???) and the left trigger was stuck down. When he freed it up it just crunched when pushed.

    Another friends Day 1 controllers left stick is very loose as in it jumps up and down in its socket. Still works fine but is weird.

    Another friends headset he got with his Day 1 has already stopped working and his drive is now starting to make horrible noises and stops reading discs.

    End of the day though all of us still love the system and can't wait for what the future will bring (hopefully not more hardware issues).
     
    Blitz23 NZ, Oct 31, 2018
    #28
  14. TMorss2011 Win User

    Returning the first Xbox I hope this is the last

    I don't have any apps open when I play games that I am aware of. Is there a menu that shows everything that is running and has the option to turn thing off?
  15. Coreldan Win User

    Returning the first Xbox I hope this is the last

    Sad to hear about this. Sounds like you managed to get a console with every defect in the book :p Hope your next one will be perfect!

    .

    My X1 is being shipped as we speak.. I really hope it's perfect as shipping it back for warranty is gonna be annoying, as I imported it from Germany.
  16. Karch V Amadeo Win User

    Returning the first Xbox I hope this is the last

    Game Crush? Crash? Other? Anyway, wording aside.. The cause of games stopping and forcing you back to the homescreen is more or less related to how much processing you are using at that moment. Say you have multiple programs open that required constant
    streams of data (BF4 open with IE in background with skype in background). Of course there will be a issue. Think of it as the Blue Screen from Windows for the X1. Only the X1 doesn't crash but the main app open will stop. Nonetheless it is an issue that must
    be fixed. Only problem is how to fix this without removing the systems ability to process multiple apps at once. For now I just recommend closing apps you are not using at the moment.
  17. ShadowRiver797 Win User

    Returning the first Xbox I hope this is the last

    Well, it sounds like you got a defective one. I would bet at least 1-3 are not due to xbox design at all (defect or HDMI cable). 4+5 I wouldn't be surprised if it is due to xbox design, and 6-9 could be either way (defect or design).

    Number 2 sounds like an HDMI cable or port issue (my PS3 for example is very picky about what HDMI cable you use. We have one it works fine with but the cheap ones we bought all do the exact same thing you are describing and it is really obnoxious... and
    this is for a phat and super slim PS3 as I have both and both do that with the cheap cables. If you are using cheap HDMI cables, I suggest buying a more expensive one if your next xbox does the same thing... quality of HDMI cable can seem to matter).
  18. BizarroMantis Win User

    Returning the first Xbox I hope this is the last

    I guess you should have kept your PS4.
Thema:

Returning the first Xbox I hope this is the last

Loading...
  1. Returning the first Xbox I hope this is the last - Similar Threads - Returning hope last

  2. Arkheron’s Closed Beta Returns for a Limited Time

    in XboX Insiders
    Arkheron’s Closed Beta Returns for a Limited Time: [IMG] Missed a few Pages? Still chasing Prestige rewards? Good news: the Arkheron Closed Beta Encore is live this weekend, July 30 – August 2! Return to the Tower, pick up where you left off,...
  3. Feedback and returned from Xbox and Microsoft content and I am part of the Insider Program...

    in XboX Insiders
    Feedback and returned from Xbox and Microsoft content and I am part of the Insider Program...: Proposal 1: Security Improvements I believe Xbox should strengthen its security. Fake profiles, suspicious links, and unsafe websites in messages should be better protected. Microsoft accounts in...
  4. Problem with Xbox losing HDMI connection every time I return to the dashboard

    in XboX Insiders
    Problem with Xbox losing HDMI connection every time I return to the dashboard: Hey all, I am in the Delta ring and currently have 250807-1745 installed. I've had this weird thing where every time I'm in a game and go back to the dashboard, my HDMI connection cuts out. I...
  5. Minecraft randomly freezing for a few seconds then returning back to normal

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft randomly freezing for a few seconds then returning back to normal: I've been playing multiplayer and I see a bad drop in frames for a few seconds then it goes normal. 90d01332-e8c3-4c20-816e-e5cb94567178
  6. return of faulty Xbox Controller TraceId error

    in XBoX on Consoles
    return of faulty Xbox Controller TraceId error: I have seen this posted but no real answer on the error I have tried to do the return form for my faulty XBOX controller which is still in warranty after going though the form end up with a TRACE...
  7. Question about return policy

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about return policy: I want to purchase a new Xbox, headset and remote as I believe I have lost mine during my moving into a new house as no one can find it. I wanted to ask what is the return policy on this if it is...
  8. I returned the game pal world on may 2nd with a valid return it did get approved but I have...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    I returned the game pal world on may 2nd with a valid return it did get approved but I have...: I returned the game pal world on may 2nd with a valid return it did get approved but I have yet to receive my money back, am I going to ? 514b5b41-fb65-48bb-b4e8-16ece5769a00
  9. Can Conker return to XBOX, and how?

    in XboX Insiders
    Can Conker return to XBOX, and how?: For Xbox management or those who have a position close to Xbox Microsoft, this would be a perfect answer for RARE, and for Xbox managers to realize if the game, the saga or the Conker character is...
  10. A friend gifted me a game incompatible with my Xbox One, how do I return it/his money?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    A friend gifted me a game incompatible with my Xbox One, how do I return it/his money?: How do you return a game when someone else has accidentally purchased it for the wrong type of xbox. A friend bought Monster Hunter: Wilds for me for xbox series x|s but i only have an Xbox One....