Returning the first Xbox I hope this is the last

Discus and support Returning the first Xbox I hope this is the last in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I had first purchased the PS4 but I really missed Xbox Live and the flow of my 360. So I sold my PS4 and purchased an Xbox One, so far it is has been... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TMorss2011, Jan 16, 2014.

1. TMorss2011
    TMorss2011 Guest

I had first purchased the PS4 but I really missed Xbox Live and the flow of my 360. So I sold my PS4 and purchased an Xbox One, so far it is has been an awful experience. Here is what happened in total of 3 days I have used it.

1. It will not power on. (I have to completely unplug and let everything sit in order to get it to turn on again.)
    2. The screen goes back in the middle of games. (I will be playing and boom it says lost signal then seconds later it comes back and the game is still going)
    3. The Xbox Live headset doesn't work. ( I have to reboot the entire system to get it working again.)
    4. Terrible Frame Rate drops in games that were smooth on the PS4 (I have read and was ok when folks said it was marginally different, this things struggles to play games with massive Frame Drops)
    5. Games keep crashing back to dashboard
    6. Netflix shows will not load past 99% (I have had to delete and reinstall apps over and over to get them to work)
    7. Sound quits working while watching a movie (I have had this issue with Netflix as well as Amazon Video)
    8. Streaming video quality is choppy and jittery (It looks like the system is struggling to play a video in 1080p, I open up my ipad and my roku and it is smooth as butter)
    9. The entire system os is laggy choppy and just plain terrible.
    I have tried all the normal switching of HDMI inputs as well as power sources. I also run it hard wired to a 60Gbs Internet connection so it should be smooth as butter.
    I can understand you may get a glitch or two but wholly crap are they selling Dev units? I really want to like this system but Microsoft you are really making it difficult. I had a PS4 and while it didn't have some of your features it worked and it worked
    well. I have put everything back in the box and will be returning the system at my local Game Stop. I will be exchanging it for another so I sincerely hope I got a dud. If this is how this thing works normally then Microsoft is in serious trouble with this
    thing. I can afford a gaming PC but I get a console for the simple fact that it is supposed to just work and work well.

:)

TMorss2011, Jan 16, 2014
  2. MegaAtomBomb
    MegaAtomBomb Guest
    I Can't Go On Anymore Due To DLC Content

Beside's harley being pregnant , Joker returning (I hope) I don't know this is my second rental despite what happend when I played it the first time.

In the future the community as a whole would probably benefit from you using spoiler warnings before posts like this.

MegaAtomBomb, Jan 16, 2014
  3. star ocean the last hope

when comes new xbox 360 compatibility games for xbox one and it would be cool if you could add star ocean the last hope

Dark Angel 607, Jan 16, 2014
  4. Returning the first Xbox I hope this is the last

I guess you should have kept your PS4.

BizarroMantis, Jan 16, 2014
  5. Well, it sounds like you got a defective one. I would bet at least 1-3 are not due to xbox design at all (defect or HDMI cable). 4+5 I wouldn't be surprised if it is due to xbox design, and 6-9 could be either way (defect or design).

Number 2 sounds like an HDMI cable or port issue (my PS3 for example is very picky about what HDMI cable you use. We have one it works fine with but the cheap ones we bought all do the exact same thing you are describing and it is really obnoxious... and
    this is for a phat and super slim PS3 as I have both and both do that with the cheap cables. If you are using cheap HDMI cables, I suggest buying a more expensive one if your next xbox does the same thing... quality of HDMI cable can seem to matter).

ShadowRiver797, Jan 16, 2014
  6. TMorss2011
    TMorss2011 Guest
    I am using the HDMI cable that came with the system. I also used 2 different ports on my TV. I have an Apple TV and a Roku 3 as well as have used my Xbox 360, PS3, and recently PS4 on the same TV with no issues.

I really hope its a dud, I love the games so far and the extra features over the PS4. It just has to work to be valuable to anyone who is going to drop $500 on a game box.

Thank you for the suggestions Shadow.

TMorss2011, Jan 16, 2014
  7. TMorss2011
    TMorss2011 Guest
    Bizzaro, These forums are an important place to post the real issues from real customers. This feedback is how Microsoft will improve their systems. It is up to us to give good accurate mature feedback. Your trolling garbage is what ruins these fourms. Please
    grow up.

TMorss2011, Jan 16, 2014
  8. Returning the first Xbox I hope this is the last

Try something, if you have the issue again with the next xbox, try using that cable on the PS3. I can attest the PS3 is annoyingly picky about HDMI cables so that will probably tell you something (You'll probably have to use it for a bit to see... at least
    on my PS3 it's random and sometimes it works fine for a while so maybe use netflix on it a while to see if the cable does the same thing).

Oh, and yeah, this forum is incredibly oversensitive about any criticisms of the xbox (as you can see). I think the problem is there has been a lot of debate so people now immediately assume you're just trolling if you say anything bad about xbox.

ShadowRiver797, Jan 16, 2014
  9. ZTROOPER16
    ZTROOPER16 Guest
    I feel for you im on my 3rd X1 already. The game crush is due to a problem that MS will fix in the Next update and some of the game crush are due to the game company like BF4 crush due to DICE mistake. The other stuff I never heard of so cant help you there.
    But I hope your new one works

ZTROOPER16, Jan 16, 2014
  10. I havent had one of those problems are u just trolling the forum? Or maybe u got one they accidently dropped. U sound like you dont even have a xboxone to me but I could be wrong.

ForzaBeast2014, Jan 16, 2014
  11. ZTROOPER16
    ZTROOPER16 Guest
    Just cuz you did have one of these problem does mean I didn't happen. But If what he says is true than he got a broken one for sure. And if hes lying/trolling Than it want be anything new.

ZTROOPER16, Jan 16, 2014
  12. Boas BS5
    Boas BS5 Guest
    [quote user="ZTROOPER16"]

Just cuz you did have one of these problem does mean I didn't happen.

[/quote]

Well Said

Boas BS5, Jan 16, 2014
  13. Returning the first Xbox I hope this is the last

Game Crush? Crash? Other? Anyway, wording aside.. The cause of games stopping and forcing you back to the homescreen is more or less related to how much processing you are using at that moment. Say you have multiple programs open that required constant
    streams of data (BF4 open with IE in background with skype in background). Of course there will be a issue. Think of it as the Blue Screen from Windows for the X1. Only the X1 doesn't crash but the main app open will stop. Nonetheless it is an issue that must
    be fixed. Only problem is how to fix this without removing the systems ability to process multiple apps at once. For now I just recommend closing apps you are not using at the moment.

Karch V Amadeo, Jan 16, 2014
  14. Coreldan
    Coreldan Guest
    Sad to hear about this. Sounds like you managed to get a console with every defect in the book Returning the first Xbox I hope this is the last :p Hope your next one will be perfect!

My X1 is being shipped as we speak.. I really hope it's perfect as shipping it back for warranty is gonna be annoying, as I imported it from Germany.

Coreldan, Jan 16, 2014
  15. The shipping to Europe has been abysmal to say the least. A lot of shipping casualties (the consoles I mean) and many disgruntle British. Also Target shipping was rather bad in the U.S. Your guess is as good as mine with that one.

Karch V Amadeo, Jan 16, 2014
Thema:

1. Returning the first Xbox I hope this is the last - Similar Threads - Returning hope last

2. Xbox Elite Controller Warranty Return

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Warranty Return: I have now created a total of 4 return requests with no shipping label being generated each time. Spoken to numerous customer service representatives who have advised to cancel and start a new...
  3. Missing repair returned

in XBoX on Consoles
    Missing repair returned: I returned 2 controllers under warranty and ups confirmed delivery to Microsoft but Microsoft can't find them. Tried calling double digits and contact us now unavailable!! Adviser promised on...
  4. I haven't received the shipping label to return an item in warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    I haven't received the shipping label to return an item in warranty: I have completed an order to return a faulty controller and have been waiting 3 days to get the email with the return label to send it back to you,. It is not in my spam/junk folder it is not on...
  5. Does my Controller Warranty Cover for my battery pack when I go to return it? Or will I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does my Controller Warranty Cover for my battery pack when I go to return it? Or will I...: I would just call GameStop but I have work at 9am to 8pm, an hour before they close and I’m already a 40 minute walk. If anyone knows you’d be much appreciated!! :)...
  6. No return shipping label emailed

in XBoX on Consoles
    No return shipping label emailed: I cannot print return label as there is no link on my device section. The return has started but i cannot progress without the label. Ive tried everday for a week to talk to a human agent or get a...
  7. Hi I ordered my series s from takealot and they don't except return as it's past 3 months...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi I ordered my series s from takealot and they don't except return as it's past 3 months...: Hi I ordered my series s from takealot and they don't except return as it's past 3 months but I still have my 12 month warranty I wanted to know if it was possible to do a return....
  8. Is there a way to use the xbox button to return to hone without having to go through the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to use the xbox button to return to hone without having to go through the...: Is there a way to use the xbox button to return to hone without having to go through the quick menu thing? Push button - go home. Why should I have to push button then also select home just to get...
  9. Controller return

in XBoX on Windows
    Controller return: I requested a return on a controller and dropped it off at the post office over two weeks ago. Still says return in progress. Wheres my refund? When i call numbers to talk to an agent it hangs up...
  10. I had a repaire done on an elite 2 controller it was returned …still broken and with...

in XBoX on Windows
    I had a repaire done on an elite 2 controller it was returned …still broken and with...: In December of 2023 I purchased and elite 2 controller and by mid April 24 it was broken. The sticks drift and get stuck making it impossible to play. It was “repaired” under warranty. I received...