Resuming saved game data Xbox one version to Xbox x version

Discus and support Resuming saved game data Xbox one version to Xbox x version in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Say I was playing the XBox One disc version of a game I borrowed from a friend and have saved data from hours of playing. I have since given back the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by kovalev nyr94, Dec 27, 2023.

1. Resuming saved game data Xbox one version to Xbox x version

Say I was playing the XBox One disc version of a game I borrowed from a friend and have saved data from hours of playing. I have since given back the game disc to my friend and recently bought the XBox Series X version of that same game title for myself. How can I resume my saved game without losing it?

My XBox shows separate installations for both the XBox One install and the XBox Series X install with my game data on the XBox One files.

I have an XBox Series X console.

:)

kovalev nyr94, Dec 27, 2023
  2. kovalev nyr94 Win User

Thank you for your reply. It's my son's game and I haven't tried it yet without at least letting him know beforehand it may or may not come over.

I understand Microsoft is not the developer but they can impose a requirement that the developer program the game to allow save data to move seamlessly for a user and would add minimal coding since the underlying code would be the same as only the graphics are what is different. I mean they charge $70 for these games.

There are games now that allow cross-platform multiplayer play which imagine is more involved with the programming.
  3. Sodangidni Win User

I understand your concern about that shouldn't be difficulty to enable a single saved data between editions.

However, it is important to mention that it is the game developer and not Microsoft the one that decides to create or not these kinds of features on their games.

Besides that, unfortunately, it is not possible to move your saved progress from the Xbox One version of Hogwarts Legacy to the Series X|S edition.
    They remain separate.
  4. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, kovalev N. I'm Arturo, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

Could I know what's the game you're talking about?

This question is asked because some games have a separate saved data between editions. Meaning that if you want to access to the progress you made with the Xbox One version, you may need to get the Xbox One version of said game.

I'll look forward to knowing your answer.

Kind regards,

Arturo.
  5. Sodangidni Win User

6. kovalev nyr94 Win User

Hi Arturo, the game I'm referring to is Hogwarts Legacy. Both versions are the standard edition versions with no add-ons.

I feel like it should be easily doable as the only difference would be the added graphical textures and graphics enhancement (raytracing, etc...).
Thema:

1. Resuming saved game data Xbox one version to Xbox x version - Similar Threads - Resuming saved game

2. Please tell me there is a way to disable quick resume for a specific game. I play Apex...

in XBoX on Windows
    Please tell me there is a way to disable quick resume for a specific game. I play Apex...: Please tell me there is a way to disable quick resume for a specific game. I play Apex legends and every time i turn my xbox back on to play Apex, i have to restart the game....
  3. Friggin’ Quick Resume is the worst

in XboX Insiders
    Friggin’ Quick Resume is the worst: Anyway to omit a game from being in Quick Resume? I keep removing Fortnite but it adds itself back in then when it opens I gotta go back to Home and close the game and restart. It’s just annoying...
  4. FH5 QUICK RESUME

in XBoX on Consoles
    FH5 QUICK RESUME: After quick resume palline with Forza Horizon 5 always stated season presentation and after I can see my actual car but I cannot drive ( all joyoad command does not work). I did the proble alny...
  5. When can we finally exclude games from Quick Resume?

in XboX Insiders
    When can we finally exclude games from Quick Resume?: Games like Fortnite, Apex Legends etc. often just cease to function when started from Quick Resume. Why can't I blacklist these games from using the feature? Cases where Quick Resume literally...
  6. How do you close quick resume on Xbox series S?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do you close quick resume on Xbox series S?: How do you end quick resume on games on xbox series s? 143ba269-1a74-45c8-82ba-e6469ab13c55
  7. Quick Resume ......What's Going On ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Quick Resume ......What's Going On ?: Ive been advised that having QR activated could cause some performance issues with certain games so im looking for a way to de activate the feature yet no matter if i manually remove the game from...
  8. How do i turn off quick resume permanently?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i turn off quick resume permanently?: I was playing a game and lost hours off progress because of this,it happend before and i was tolerant but this is my last straw just wanted you do let you know that this is an issue and want too...
  9. Please allow disable quick resume

in XboX Insiders
    Please allow disable quick resume: Please submitted by /u/Prudent_Character_93 [link] [comments]
  10. Is the last baldurs gate 3 save scandal the proof that cloud saving and xbox resume is the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is the last baldurs gate 3 save scandal the proof that cloud saving and xbox resume is the...: Larian are just clumsy devs and xbox are bunch of loosers ad244882-78ea-4db7-a683-7ee468838b70