Restricting non-friends playing on minecraft iOS

Discus and support Restricting non-friends playing on minecraft iOS in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Recently, I discovered that my son has been playing Minecraft on his iPad with some strangers. I don't know how to restrict that. When I login to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Camille Jedwab, Jan 11, 2024.

1. Restricting non-friends playing on minecraft iOS

Recently, I discovered that my son has been playing Minecraft on his iPad with some strangers.

I don't know how to restrict that. When I login to Minecraft from the iPad the page asks me to log in to the desktop version. When I am online via web I'm on the MS account. Why is ms making us jump through hoops about this?

I want to know how to restrict my son to only play with friends?

***Moved from: Gaming and Xbox / Games and gaming / Cloud gaming***

:)

Camille Jedwab, Jan 11, 2024
  2. Tomm_A Win User

3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Camille Jedwab,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, you are trying to manage the online safety and privacy settings for your son while playing Minecraft on iOS device. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

You can change the online safety and privacy settings for your son through the following the steps below:

• Log in to https://account.xbox.com/settings with the parent’s Microsoft account.
    • Click the child account's profile.
    • In the navigation tabs, click Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 devices Online Safety
    • Select Block for You can create and join clubs, You can join multiplayer games and You can play with people outside Xbox Live or you can select what settings you need to allow.
    • Then click Submit for the changes to take effect.
    Next is to click on Privacy tab, then check on the settings you need to block. Then click Submit.

The child cannot change the settings if account is managed by parent or parent under Xbox Family settings app. For your reference, see: Manage a member’s content in the Xbox Family Settings app | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

4. ngocphi Win User

Media update

No the optional media update required you to connect to live to download it directly onto the console

If you are having an issue playing music from an ios device then the issue isn't with the console but with the device itself as Apple doesn't allow consoles or non authorized devices or non pcs (non accessories) to access ios file systems
  5. XBF Leo G Win User

Problema com Minecraft[Translation-Problem with Minecraft]

Hello FernandoOTN,

Thank you for keeping us updated. It appears that there may be some restrictions in place that are affecting your ability to utilize a separate network connection from your friend to connect to the Minecraft world. We have a section on our support website
    that is specifically for Minecraft. There are several different support articles that are listed for all the different versions of Minecraft. You will need to select the support articles for

Minecraft: Pocket Edition iOS or Android
    depending on which device you have. If the support articles do not resolve the issue, you can reach out to the

Mojang Support Team
    for more information on any restrictions that are placed on the use of Minecraft worlds. Be sure to let us know the results!
  6. ngocphi Win User

Keep getting redirected with Cloud Gaming

There is no cloud gaming app for ios

You run it in browser

http://xbox.com/play

Sign in with your account

There is NO cloud app for ios the app store rules prevent third party apps supporting non apple online services
Thema:

1. Restricting non-friends playing on minecraft iOS - Similar Threads - Restricting non friends

2. Teredo is stuck on "Restricted (port)"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Teredo is stuck on "Restricted (port)": I've tried absolutely everything possible. I can not find a single fix. There is no xbox networking tab either so please don't ask to check that. c1ee0fb9-6b5e-4d8f-8ed9-9d2ae2e11583
  3. Microsoft family age restrictions?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft family age restrictions?: I have age restrictions on all video games only because it says I’m under a family microsoft account, but I don't know whose account I’m under Thanks and please help!...
  4. Microsoft age restrictions Family Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft age restrictions Family Account: I have age restrictions on all video games only because it says I’m under a family microsoft account, but I don't know whose account I’m under. Please Help Thanks!...
  5. Why is my Rewards app showing restrictions for not following rules when I barely use it?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my Rewards app showing restrictions for not following rules when I barely use it?: So I have just tried going on to my Rewards app and a notification came up stating: 'Your Microsoft Rewards account isn't following the rules you agreed to when you joined the programme. Review...
  6. I can't redeem gift codes from my friend due to geo restriction.

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't redeem gift codes from my friend due to geo restriction.: Hello I sent payment for Powerwash DLC to my friend so that he would send dlc as gift codes to me. But, they don't work due to geo restriction. Can you help me redeem this codes for my account:...
  7. Why my game still shows voice chat restrictions but I haven't said anything bad

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why my game still shows voice chat restrictions but I haven't said anything bad: I don't really understand why it's still doing it. 9c098a46-b81d-4583-8c63-99ceac2718cc
  8. How can I factory reset my Xbox even with the restrictions in the way?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I factory reset my Xbox even with the restrictions in the way?: Hi, I just received a Second-hand Xbox from my friend (Xbox one s) and they had removed the accounts for me but on the Xbox they left the access restrictions where they restricted the ability to...
  9. Restricting non-friends playing on minecraft iOS

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Restricting non-friends playing on minecraft iOS: Recently, I discovered that my son has been playing Minecraft on his iPad with some strangers. I don't know how to restrict that. When I login to Minecraft from the iPad the page asks me to log...
  10. How did I get restricted access because of a non violating picture I attempted to upload to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How did I get restricted access because of a non violating picture I attempted to upload to...: how did I get restricted. Please tell me what I did wrong and what exactly is wrong about this? [img] a019e2df-bff2-47dd-8707-6fa439cf9daa