Restoring save and quit after formatting.

Discus and support Restoring save and quit after formatting. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I reformatted my secondhand xbox 360 (original) and now it won't save. I reformatted because the previous owner had left a lot of data on the drive... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CrinklyPurse96, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Restoring save and quit after formatting.

I reformatted my secondhand xbox 360 (original) and now it won't save. I reformatted because the previous owner had left a lot of data on the drive that I think was stretching the memory and affecting gameplay. It would crash leaving a black or white
    screen while playing a number of new and sealed games. As the crash never happened in the same place twice I thought it may be a memory problem hence the format. I expected to lose all the data but not an important tool as save and quit. Plays the game
    ok but save and quit don't work. Is there any way to restore the function? I haven't had it on line since the reformat. Thanks in advance.

:)

CrinklyPurse96, Apr 26, 2016
  2. Nanor
    Nanor Guest
    Storage Questin

That's correct, they're stored in the cloud.

I had to delete quite a few games as they refused to copy across to my external drive, after reinstalling them all saves were restored automatically.

Nanor, Apr 26, 2016
  3. creepshow47
    creepshow47 Guest
    USB Stick Issue With Grand Theft Auto V

Uh oh! After formatting the USB drive (and moving my save games elsewhere) we are currently at 4.5gbs and no reboot! A new record!

-

Stay tuned sports fans...the full report after dinner!

creepshow47, Apr 26, 2016
  4. WPAK
    WPAK Guest

Hi there,

just to be sure, you are signed in to a profile when trying to save a game. Correct?

A profile (Online or offline) is required to save a game.

5. Yes you are quite right, formatting destroys your profile as well. As soon as I connected the console to to the internet without a disc in the tray it did a lengthy download and after that asked me for my profile. I downloaded my original profile and everything
    is tickertyboo . The added bonus is that the games are no longer interrupting play, so the format was successful. Thank you for your interest .

CrinklyPurse96, Oct 31, 2018
  6. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

just to be sure, you are signed in to a profile when trying to save a game. Correct?

A profile (Online or offline) is required to save a game.
  7. CrinklyPurse96 Win User

Yes you are quite right, formatting destroys your profile as well. As soon as I connected the console to to the internet without a disc in the tray it did a lengthy download and after that asked me for my profile. I downloaded my original profile and everything
    is tickertyboo . The added bonus is that the games are no longer interrupting play, so the format was successful. Thank you for your interest .
  8. HomegrownSilky Win User

My Xbox 360 will not show my Hard Drive when it is plugged in.

Formatting it after configuring it to be a usb device will not restore it back to it's original state.
  9. IceStorm III Win User

Won't recognise HDD

Formatting an XBOX HDD via a USB cable destroys the custom partitioning/formatting and security data on the drive. There's no sanctioned way to restore a drive after that.
  10. Georges C. Win User

How to restore Forza Horizon after format

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Sotiriskonstantopoulos, I believe that it is not possible, because the paths of folders, temporary files and registry change, I believe you will have to perform a clean installation of Forza.
Thema:

1. Restoring save and quit after formatting. - Similar Threads - Restoring save quit

2. deleted a game by mistake from xbox how can i restore it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    deleted a game by mistake from xbox how can i restore it.: by mistake deleted some games how can I restore them. some of these games are off the game pass like minecraft for xbox 1 e26a01a1-24ab-4a2e-b447-678bd36143ac
  3. Is there any way to restore a cloud save for a game that is corrupted?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there any way to restore a cloud save for a game that is corrupted?: Hi noted my game file was corrupted after a patch update. Is there a way for me to retrieve an old cloud save for xbox PC? Game in question is Remnant 2 f6557681-f382-49da-9624-931e9e78e9a2
  4. Are you able to Restore old Minecraft worlds if you had them saved to your Xbox/Microsoft...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are you able to Restore old Minecraft worlds if you had them saved to your Xbox/Microsoft...: I've recently installed Minecraft Bedrock on my tablet. From what I remember on my old tablet, my worlds were supposed to be saved on my Xbox account/Microsoft account, so my question is am I able...
  5. accidentally deleted save game file, how do i restore it? I deleted it from everywhere not...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    accidentally deleted save game file, how do i restore it? I deleted it from everywhere not...: how to restore game file after its been deleted from everywhere on the console. 16d507d7-b869-4271-afa1-4bfd30007e5d
  6. I lost my save points in Starfield on Xbox Series X. How do I restore them? I've...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I lost my save points in Starfield on Xbox Series X. How do I restore them? I've...: I lost my save points in Starfield on Xbox Series X. How do I restore them? I've uninstalled the game and reinstalled. 655ba376-4341-4e28-b445-cf989f8d8d32
  7. Is there any way to restore a cloud save for a game that was accidentally overwritten?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there any way to restore a cloud save for a game that was accidentally overwritten?: My son has been playing Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga. Today, he accidentally overwrote the save file that he has tons of hours on. Is there any way for us to restore a cloud save to a prior...
  8. Starfield Save Games Missing/Lost (then restored) - GamePass SF Save Games location?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield Save Games Missing/Lost (then restored) - GamePass SF Save Games location?: EDIT: After running Xbox App repair on Starfield, redownloading 113+ GB, my save games are back!!!! Still not sure where save game files are located. I would VERY much like to backup my saves...
  9. Please help. Restore an old game saving from cloud X-Box Ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please help. Restore an old game saving from cloud X-Box Ultimate: Hi, i´m playing with my 11 year old daughter. Mostly i play on my xbox series-x. But when she is visiting me every 2 weekends she plays on the xbox series x and i play on the notebook. We...
  10. Can I restore game saves on my local Xbox One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I restore game saves on my local Xbox One?: Problem: Is there any way to restore local Xbox One hard drive contents? Contents which have NOT been synced to the cloud. Background: About 6 months ago, I changed my internet provider. I didn't...