Restore automatic clip upload from Xbox Game Bar on Windows 11 to Xbox Live

Discus and support Restore automatic clip upload from Xbox Game Bar on Windows 11 to Xbox Live in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; As a user that records clips when playing video games in Windows 11 using the Xbox Bar, I want my clips to be automatically uploaded to the Xbox Live... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by SplendidHowl, Jan 7, 2024.

1. SplendidHowl
    SplendidHowl Guest

As a user that records clips when playing video games in Windows 11 using the Xbox Bar,

I want my clips to be automatically uploaded to the Xbox Live network AS THEY USED TO,

so that they are seamlessly shared with my friends.

Microsoft removed a key functionality of the Xbox Bar, now rendering it completely useless. There have been multiple contacts from multiple people complaining about the stupid removal of this key feature. Microsoft will do well to obey the demands of the community and restore the functionality, or see the Xbox Bar die in agony.

:)

SplendidHowl, Jan 7, 2024
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello SplendidHowl,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your frustration with the removal of the automatic clip upload feature from Xbox Game Bar on Windows 11. However, I would like to inform you that Microsoft is aware of this issue and is currently working on a solution to restore this functionality. In the meantime, you can manually upload your clips to Xbox Live by selecting the clip you want to upload and clicking on the "Share" button. From there, you can choose to upload the clip to Xbox Live and share it with your friends. You may check this link: Share game clips and screenshots | Xbox Support

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

3. XBF Diego M Win User

i can't upload my xbox app videos

Hi Gary,

Do you take these clips on an Xbox One console or using the Game Bar on Windows 10 when recording your game clips?

Usually clips are uploaded automatically to Xbox Live once you take the clip but if it's not uploading go ahead and

restart your PC with a clean boot
    and start up just the Xbox App. Try to upload the clip again after the clean boot.

Make sure that the Xbox App is up to date by checking through the Microsoft Store and if that doesn't help look for the Xbox beta app and try uploading it through there.
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

I have a question I was wondering if you could tell me how to access the Xbox game bar captures on my mobile device

The game bar captures do not automatically upload to the Xbox Network, so cannot be viewed on the mobile app. You can view them in your videos directory though on Windows 10/11.
  5. Tezzarrific Win User

Why is there an xbox companion app and an xbox app for PC? Just put all the features in one app.

xbox companion app is a legacy app from early windows 10, they are moving things over to the xbox app and the companion app will be discontinued eventually. you don't really have any reason to use the companion app now, which is why it does not come preinstalled on windows 11. game clips uploaded to xbox live should be visible from the gamebar.
  6. MarsNeedsTacos Win User

Xbox app iOS

No, you can only upload content from your Xbox or clips captured with the Xbox Game Bar on PC.
Thema:

1. Restore automatic clip upload from Xbox Game Bar on Windows 11 to Xbox Live - Similar Threads - Restore automatic clip

2. deleted a game by mistake from xbox how can i restore it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    deleted a game by mistake from xbox how can i restore it.: by mistake deleted some games how can I restore them. some of these games are off the game pass like minecraft for xbox 1 e26a01a1-24ab-4a2e-b447-678bd36143ac
  3. I deleted Minecraft off my IPhone, how do I restore my old worlds?

in XBoX on Windows
    I deleted Minecraft off my IPhone, how do I restore my old worlds?: Hi! So I stupidly decided to delete Minecraft on my IPhone because I thought it would help out with a glitch, without realizing that it would delete my worlds (I am fairly new to the game). If...
  4. How to restore in-app purchases? Slots Era Unwanted purchase

in XBoX on Windows
    How to restore in-app purchases? Slots Era Unwanted purchase: OK guys I'm not even even really sure on where this is supposed to go or to whom exactly I'm completely like lost and confused actually over here I I've been playing a game basically for like...
  5. How to restore a Minecraft World, but with no previous version Restore button

in XBoX on Windows
    How to restore a Minecraft World, but with no previous version Restore button: Hello, I have been having this problem for two days now. When I create a minecraft World (bedrock edition on windows 11), it just disappears the next day. I have read previous threads and watched...
  6. How do I restore a game clip

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I restore a game clip: My friend saw Mt favorite clip and thought it would be funny to delete it so he did and I was wondering if I can restore It 57249625-ce61-4ec7-9b79-ced2bb8e7e49
  7. XBox one x in insiders program. How to restore?

in XboX Insiders
    XBox one x in insiders program. How to restore?: Hello I'm new here but I need help. I have an xbox one x and I succesfully broke my HDD. As I know this console was updated by the latest firmware from insiders program. And now I don't know how...
  8. Is there a capture (screenshot) limit, and can I restore captures that were automatically...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there a capture (screenshot) limit, and can I restore captures that were automatically...: I am playing on Xbox One and have been taking many captures (screenshots) to document some things about the game, as well as for my own collection. However, it seems I've reached a very low limit...
  9. Xbox won't restore display setting just stays blank screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won't restore display setting just stays blank screen: My Xbox series x stays blank screen I have tried the power down and power up holding eject and power for 20 seconds but the screen just stays black 30623de8-8b64-43e1-bd84-53ae15ad964e
  10. Proof of free download - Restoring my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Proof of free download - Restoring my account: Merry Christmas everyone. Can someone please help. I'm having issues logging back in to my game account. I've tried all the reset options and contacted the game support. In order to reset my...