RESOLVED_-Console stopped working- cannot access live

Discus and support RESOLVED_-Console stopped working- cannot access live in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; New to xbox one. Plugged it in about two months ago. Installed a required update. Had it connected and working fine with Xbox live. Then one day it... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by PurseDragoon123, Nov 19, 2019.

1. RESOLVED_-Console stopped working- cannot access live

New to xbox one. Plugged it in about two months ago. Installed a required update. Had it connected and working fine with Xbox live. Then one day it stopped working. My son said it seemed to be around the time change but I cannot imagine that had anything
    to do with it. Now when we go online to play it says it cannot connect. I thought it was the game and I contacted Epic- they took us through some steps but it was not an issue with the game or on their end. Console says we are connected to the wireless but
    still get an error when I select xbox live. I then contacted my internet service provider to ensure it was not related to the settings (however nothing had changed from when we were able to access xbox live) but the ISP said there appeared to be no issues
    on their end. I have reset the system but not attempted a factory reset due to concerns that it often fried the system all-together. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any support here. My kiddo is beside himself that he cannot play after finally getting an xbox.

Must have been a defective router. I called my service provider and asked that they come out and test the internet and they ended up replacing the modem/router and we have not had any issues since. Thank you to all who replied and attempted to assist.

:)

PurseDragoon123, Nov 19, 2019
  2. PurseDragoon123 Win User

Didn't work. I ended up doing a factory reset..... checked the network status and it says connected but then I get an error that it cannot install updates because its not connected. Makes no sense. Going to get an ethernet cable today.
  3. PurseDragoon123 Win User

Thanks but its not new. My brother gave it to us for my kids. Warranty is long gone.
  4. PurseDragoon123 Win User

So I did the power cycle soft reset before as well as the modem so yesterday I did the factory reset with retaining the games. It was in start up mode and then got to updates and said it could not connect yet the test showed it was connected. I am going
    to buy an ethernet cord today to see if hardwire to the wall works.
  5. AridLizard Win User

if none of the troubleshooting tips work, as you have only had the Xbox for a couple of months it should still be under warranty and you should be eligible for a repair/replacement if it is a problem with the console.

the following link provides all the information on how to request a repair under warranty and instructions on how to pack your Xbox for shipping.

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/my-account/warranty-and-service/getting-your-product-serviced

hope this helps and your son is back to gaming as soon as possible
  6. PurseDragoon123 Win User

Modem had been reset a few times. Just did it again today.

just did a reset (save games) and when it was booting up it hit a new issue with an update.

it’s giving me error code 0X8B0500B6

i cant find what that code is.

From there it says you can check your Internet connection.

I selected my wireless option and then it just says which ones yours? Choose your wireless network… There’s nothing listed. I checked on my phone and there are four signals right here.
Thema:

1. RESOLVED_-Console stopped working- cannot access live - Similar Threads - RESOLVED_ Console stopped

2. Xbox series S|X console FPS

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series S|X console FPS: Hello guys.. does anyone know how to display live FPS stats when gaming on xbox consoles? (if that's possible ofc) Thanks in advance submitted by /u/BillCipher96 [link] [comments]
  3. Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?: I had a Target order for a Series X that arrived last week. One of the pieces of security tape looked messed with a bit and had some finger prints under the tape, so I returned it for a new one...
  4. Not sure if drive or console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not sure if drive or console: I have a 5tb external hard drive, the used to be used for games, but out of knowhere it Stopped being detected by my xbox. My pc detects it when I plug it in, but when I plug it into my xbox, it...
  5. when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash

in XBoX on Consoles
    when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash: when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash i formatted it to ntfs and installed the osu1 extracted it put it in the flash and then plugged my...
  6. My Xbox one S fan seems loud after it's been deep cleaned. The guy who cleaned the console...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one S fan seems loud after it's been deep cleaned. The guy who cleaned the console...: My Xbox one S fan seems loud after it's been deep cleaned. The guy who cleaned the console said the fan was fine and wasn't broken so I'm made to believe that a loud fan is normal?...
  7. (Alpha Skip-Ahead) Console becomes unresponsive several times a day last week or so until...

in XboX Insiders
    (Alpha Skip-Ahead) Console becomes unresponsive several times a day last week or so until...: Basically what title says. Series X console. I’ve just run into countless issues the past week+ with games not launching, black screen when launching games, and just it being unresponsive. Like...
  8. Avatar wont update even after restart of console

in XboX Insiders
    Avatar wont update even after restart of console: I would love a rework on the avatars program as it never updates and this is very frustrating . submitted by /u/Tough_Recording_3176 [link] [comments]
  9. Is there anyway to get a console unbanned when it has been banned for no reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there anyway to get a console unbanned when it has been banned for no reason: I have recently tried to play Xbox online and have been banned for nothing and was just wondering if Xbox was a waste of time and money if I can just be wrongfully banned out of nowhere with no...
  10. I don't want to console system update anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I don't want to console system update anymore.: I don't want Xbox live console system update. How do I make it stop forever, it is ruining my gaming experience. I want to play my Xbox games with access to Xbox live online. Not playing external...