[Resolved for Firefox] Xbox.com, messages won't load when using Mozzila Firefox or Microsoft ...

Discus and support [Resolved for Firefox] Xbox.com, messages won't load when using Mozzila Firefox or Microsoft ... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Tittle says all. It either gives a message "Can't load your messages right now. Try again later" or it shows a loading icon forever. Messages load fine... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by snikefriend, Aug 17, 2018.

1. snikefriend
    snikefriend Guest

[Resolved for Firefox] Xbox.com, messages won't load when using Mozzila Firefox or Microsoft ...

Tittle says all. It either gives a message "Can't load your messages right now. Try again later" or it shows a loading icon forever. Messages load fine on Google Chrome. Tried that with 3 PCs and different accounts. Also tried clearing cookies and resetting
    browser.

:)

snikefriend, Aug 17, 2018
  2. snikefriend
    snikefriend Guest
    Messages won't load on Xbox.com when using Mozzila Firefox or Microsoft Edge

When trying to view
    my messages
    on Mozzila Firefox or Microsoft Edge an error comes up saying "We were unable to load your messages, please try again later.". Google Chrome works fine though.

snikefriend, Aug 17, 2018
  3. D_872
    D_872 Guest
    Cannot edit avatar in Windows 8.1

Do a search for microsoft silverlight and download the plugin for web browser firefox or internet explorer. I used the firefox browser. Then sign in to xbox.com. Click change avatar and it will let you do it. It won't ask to open games app after silverlight
    is loaded. You will see the avatar menu open.

D_872, Aug 17, 2018
  4. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest

M3tal Daz3, Aug 18, 2018
  5. snikefriend
    snikefriend Guest
    Thanks for the reply. I have no problems sending messages from Xbox One, Xbox App or the Xbox.com website when I use Google Chrome. The website fails to load my messages only when I am using Edge or Firefox.

snikefriend, Aug 18, 2018
  6. snikefriend
    snikefriend Guest
    Bumping. This issue is still happening.

snikefriend, Oct 24, 2018
  7. XBF Javier R
    XBF Javier R Guest
    Hello Snike!

It appears that messages do not load correctly when accessed at the Xbox Website through Firefox or Microsoft Edge.

Our recommendation here, as you mentioned that Google Chrome works fine, it would be best to uninstall either or application and then reinstall it once again.

Have you tried the Xbox App?

The application may be used for messages and is simply designed to make all things messaging easy and fast.

We hope this information helps and would enjoy to continue our investigation with you if further assistance is needed.

Best wishes!

XBF Javier R, Oct 24, 2018
  8. snikefriend
    snikefriend Guest

Hi! I have tried the Xbox App, it works yes, but still doesn't support my language on Android/iOS (Greek). I just reported the issue in case you want it fixed or something, because there is no special place to report a problem with the website. I have reinstalled
    Firefox and refreshed it, and also refreshed Edge too. I have also tested that it doesn't work in 2 other PCs. So 3 in total had the same issue, messages would fail to load in Firefox/Edge and would work in Google Chrome. So it sounds to me like a website
    issue and that's why I reported it here. Thanks for the advice!

snikefriend, Oct 24, 2018
  9. SigmaTheDJ
    SigmaTheDJ Guest
    It's been like this for months, and it's been reported to MS multiple times. The same with the friends list appearing in order that you followed someone, rather than alphabetical order.

SigmaTheDJ, Oct 25, 2018
  10. Jurgen1488
    Jurgen1488 Guest
    Make sure you have java script enabled and flash for xbox pages.

Jurgen1488, Oct 25, 2018
  11. snikefriend
    snikefriend Guest
    UPDATE 25/10/2018

After installing the latest update for Firefox (version 63.0 that came out yesterday) and clearing cookies, cache and temporary files for all xbox websites, messages now load properly.
    Clearing cookies, cache and temporary files 100% did not work with all the previous Firefox versions (up to 62.0.3 which was the previous one) so if you have this issue you NEED to have version 63 installed.
    I tested and verified that with 3 different computers and a second account.

However, I still can't resolve this issue in Microsoft Edge. It still can't load messages with an error "We couldn't show your messages right now, please try again later". I have tested that in 3 different PCs, cleared cockies and cache and even refreshed
    Edge. This is frustrating since its my daily browser, it is Microsoft's own browser and Microsoft's own website. If there is any solution to that it would be great.

PS. Checked it and flash player as well as javascript is already enabled.

snikefriend, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: