Resolution Does Matter. Don't Kid Yourself It Doesn't.

Discus and support Resolution Does Matter. Don't Kid Yourself It Doesn't. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Whoever said you had to choose between 1 or the other? Why not have both? That's what I'd like to have - good graphics AND a good story. That's what... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sal O, Feb 20, 2014.

  1. Resolution Does Matter. Don't Kid Yourself It Doesn't.


    Whoever said you had to choose between 1 or the other? Why not have both? That's what I'd like to have - good graphics AND a good story. That's what any good developer should be aiming for.
     
    Galactic Geek, Feb 20, 2014
    #31
  2. Stranger Jim. If PS4 can effortlessly do 1080p for all multiplats, then it is a shame Xbox One continually can't.

    I think Ryse looks better than Killzone however. And this gives me faith that X1 will get it's act together.
     
    Pinbot Fembot 1, Feb 20, 2014
    #32
  3. closingracer
    closingracer Guest
    I am a casual PC gamer and dabbed my feet in World of warcraft and went from a PC that did 60+ Frames per second to a laptop that did a solid 20-30 FPS and TBH i couldnt notice a huge difference until it dipped to the 5-10 FPS range though for me i got used
    to it adjusted how i played
     
    closingracer, Feb 21, 2014
    #33
  4. closingracer
    closingracer Guest

    Resolution Does Matter. Don't Kid Yourself It Doesn't.

    Ugh i hate this new forum since you can't edit or quote people ... But @ Pinbot Fembot 1 I have played both Killzone and ryse and while i loved Ryse and graphically looks amazing I think Killzone looks a lot better
     
    closingracer, Feb 21, 2014
    #34
  5. closingracer
    closingracer Guest
    Also want to point out the Issue with xbox one getting to 1080p @ 60 FPS probably has to do with the fact they have 32MB or EsRam which is good but a bit to small and complicates it unnecessarily and once they figure out how to utilize it should be fine
    to do 1080p @60 fps
     
    closingracer, Feb 21, 2014
    #35
  6. Eggnogga
    Eggnogga Guest
    " If PS4 can effortlessly do 1080p for all multiplats, then it is a shame Xbox One continually can't." -- Pinbot

    The PS4 can't "effortlessly" do 1080P for all multiplats though.

    I can't believe this discussion goes on and on and on. Although, to be fair, it is quite comical to read people acting like they know what has gone into a game, or what each system is capable of doing with the software.
     
    Eggnogga, Feb 21, 2014
    #36
  7. c'mon its the old fox & the grapes story he trys like crazy to reach those grapes and when he cant reach them aww' yuck those grapes are nasty & rotton anyway.
     
    DBLmeatPalace2, Feb 21, 2014
    #37
  8. iBakez
    iBakez Guest

    Resolution Does Matter. Don't Kid Yourself It Doesn't.

    Yes i expected better graphics next gen, and so far they have met my expectations. I don't care about multiplatform on PS4 as all the people i care about playing games with are on live.

    Graphics get better over time. 360 was 'underpowered' compared to PS4 but it was still a far better machine for online gaming
     
    iBakez, Feb 21, 2014
    #38
  9. Some people don't care about resolution, it's as simple as that - I am one of them. My reason for wanting the Xbox One has nothing to do with resolution or graphics and if I did care about resolution I would stick with my PC.
    I want the Xbox One to play the exclusives.
     
    BHC Bluez n 2z, Feb 21, 2014
    #39
  10. Graphics do matter, but not the very slim difference between 720p and 1080p. Plus theres more to graphics than just resolution.

    And I didn't buy an Xbox One or a Playstation 4 to get better graphics. I bought it for the next generation experience. The experience that will allow me to play more and new games for years and years to come. Games I wont be able to get for much longer
    on the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.
     
    DanteSparda504, Feb 21, 2014
    #40
  11. Kiddeth
    Kiddeth Guest
    Graphic matter resolution not so much, case in point Ryse.

    you have to understand that we are seeing the next wave in graphic and hardware evolution, where you can have great graphics and not have to waste resources on resolution.

    It sounds counter intuitive, but having seen this happen several times through out the last 20 years the pattern is familiar.
     
    Kiddeth, Oct 31, 2018
    #41
  12. Kiddeth Win User

    Resolution Does Matter. Don't Kid Yourself It Doesn't.

    Graphic matter resolution not so much, case in point Ryse.

    you have to understand that we are seeing the next wave in graphic and hardware evolution, where you can have great graphics and not have to waste resources on resolution.

    It sounds counter intuitive, but having seen this happen several times through out the last 20 years the pattern is familiar.
  13. DBLmeatPalace2 Win User

    Resolution Does Matter. Don't Kid Yourself It Doesn't.

    c'mon its the old fox & the grapes story he trys like crazy to reach those grapes and when he cant reach them aww' yuck those grapes are nasty & rotton anyway.
  14. closingracer Win User

    Resolution Does Matter. Don't Kid Yourself It Doesn't.

    I am a casual PC gamer and dabbed my feet in World of warcraft and went from a PC that did 60+ Frames per second to a laptop that did a solid 20-30 FPS and TBH i couldnt notice a huge difference until it dipped to the 5-10 FPS range though for me i got used
    to it adjusted how i played
  15. Upinya Slayin Win User

    Resolution Does Matter. Don't Kid Yourself It Doesn't.

    @ randover

    @Dufful, Upinya

    ASUS G55VW-DS71

    I paid $578 for it so it's a little more than a One but considering what I've spent on my desktop and accessories, I personally put the laptop in the same price range as the consoles.

    Removed Win 8 and installed Win 7. Current Nvidia drivers and a clean boot.
    its a good sale price for sure. but i have one with a 680M and its slightly better then an PS4 or X1 so while it would be up to par with your 660 i wouldn't say better by any means and its still 80 dollars more. Still not too shabby but not 500 dollars and
    not running it better. Probably equal. Also my 680M has 4GB GDDR5 ram on it, your spec shows only 200MB of ram for the video card? (hopefully a type probbalt 1-2GB) which would make it much lower then the PS4 or X1 would run it
  16. Stevie77-973E6220-A1 Win User

    Resolution Does Matter. Don't Kid Yourself It Doesn't.

    Randver - did you get that laptop used or refurbished or just on sale? That was like a $1200 laptop when it came out. If I could've found one at that price I probably would've picked one up, I ended up getting the G750JW, Asus does make some pretty nice
    laptops for the money.
Thema:

Resolution Does Matter. Don't Kid Yourself It Doesn't.

Loading...
  1. Resolution Does Matter. Don't Kid Yourself It Doesn't. - Similar Threads - Resolution Does Matter

  2. monitor and xbox resolution question

    in XboX Insiders
    monitor and xbox resolution question: i’m getting a 1440p monitor soon and i’m wondering if there will be any worse performance in terms of frames if i set the resolution to 1440p? submitted by /u/Own-Helicopter8382 [link] [comments]
  3. Minecraft Resolutions & Aspect Ratio

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Resolutions & Aspect Ratio: Hello Iam Ammar. my screen resolution is 1280×1024 which is 5:3 or 4:3 so i need to change the aspect ratio to 16:9 because the hand of the player isnt showing fully and it is annoying and the...
  4. Why is my xbox one s 1080p and 720p resolutions working

    in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my xbox one s 1080p and 720p resolutions working: Hi, on my xbox one s the 1080p resolution won't work at all, and I try to change it to 720p it works for a little bit but there is no sound then it stops working. The resolution is stuck on...
  5. Xbox Cloud Gaming Needs support intergraded settings on Fortnite Regarding Resolution and...

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Cloud Gaming Needs support intergraded settings on Fortnite Regarding Resolution and...: Hello folks, I'm writing this to get the attention of the Xbox developers or engineering team hoping they'll make and implement these important changes. Firstly we're missing touch controls with...
  6. Series S Issues - Gray Flickering Screen, Sound Loss, Display Resolution Resets - Intermittent

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S Issues - Gray Flickering Screen, Sound Loss, Display Resolution Resets - Intermittent: Hi all, Per the subject line, we have a newish Series S purchased in December that we are having intermittent issues with. Every once in a while the screen will flicker all gray, then eventually...
  7. Using stretched resolution on xbox and not be blurry

    in XBoX on Windows
    Using stretched resolution on xbox and not be blurry: hello, i’m trying to use stretched resolution on my xbox series X and it in-fact does work it’s just super blurry. i’m on a 16 inch ultra gear monitor and not on a tv. is there a way to fix the...
  8. I need some help fixing my Xbox resolution, it shows red over black color, I haven’t been...

    in XBoX on Windows
    I need some help fixing my Xbox resolution, it shows red over black color, I haven’t been...: I need some help fixing my Xbox resolution, it shows red over black color, I haven’t been able to fix it since and I was wondering if anyone has the answer 5b835aef-dfd0-45e4-aa50-36b810972615
  9. Resolution dropped to 640*480

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Resolution dropped to 640*480: Suddenly the video setting drop to 640*480 and only if I replace the input to HDMI its can be changed to 1440 max resolution. What is the problem please ?? I cant use 4k settings because of that....
  10. How can I change the resolution of my Xbox gameplay on my PC using the game bar?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I change the resolution of my Xbox gameplay on my PC using the game bar?: I used to be able to change the resolution, but now it is stuck on 720p, and there is nowhere to change it. I have heard there is a 'captures' tab where i can alter it, but i dont have it. i have...