Resolution Does Matter. Don't Kid Yourself It Doesn't.

Discus and support Resolution Does Matter. Don't Kid Yourself It Doesn't. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Well I could understand buying bf4 twice but why ac4? That just seems pointless. Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sal O, Feb 20, 2014.

  1. DuFFuL
    DuFFuL Guest

    Resolution Does Matter. Don't Kid Yourself It Doesn't.


    Well I could understand buying bf4 twice but why ac4? That just seems pointless.
     
    DuFFuL, Feb 20, 2014
    #16
  2. Randver
    Randver Guest
    @bstn617

    It's an older model so you probably won't find one new only refurbished which I'd avoid.

    Best advice when buying gaming laptops...wait for new cpu, gpu releases and grab the last gen model when they drop the prices to get rid of old stock. That's the only way I'll buy my laptops, not enough bang for your buck compared to a desktop if you buy
    the new ones.
     
    Randver, Feb 20, 2014
    #17
  3. Randver
    Randver Guest
    @Stevie77

    I bought it on Amazon US (new) about 8 months ago, it was one of their daily deals but even then I think it was still in the mid 600's without the deal. I believe that model had been available almost 2 yrs before I bought mine.

    I've never had any issues with ASUS's laptops and like you said you get a lot for your money.
     
    Randver, Feb 20, 2014
    #18
  4. DuFFuL
    DuFFuL Guest

    Resolution Does Matter. Don't Kid Yourself It Doesn't.

    Well we will have to have a game of bf4 one day mate. Pc or xbox one. You choose. I have both!
     
    DuFFuL, Feb 20, 2014
    #19
  5. @ randover

    its a good sale price for sure. but i have one with a 680M and its slightly better then an PS4 or X1 so while it would be up to par with your 660 i wouldn't say better by any means and its still 80 dollars more. Still not too shabby but not 500 dollars and
    not running it better. Probably equal. Also my 680M has 4GB GDDR5 ram on it, your spec shows only 200MB of ram for the video card? (hopefully a type probbalt 1-2GB) which would make it much lower then the PS4 or X1 would run it
     
    Upinya Slayin, Feb 20, 2014
    #20
  6. nowaysis
    nowaysis Guest
    Look back 10 years, what changes do you see? Big changes!

    I've seen big tube TVs go ultra ultra thin with pictures that are like looking out a window, blu-ray players to complete the picture, the birth of the Xbox & 360 that was able to keep up with what was happening, there have been phenomenal changes, even now
    we are going through a transition of 4k

    now look forward 10 years

    technology is going to move a great deal, will the one be able to cope?

    if people are debating over things that should be as standard now, can you imagine even 5 years ahead
     
    nowaysis, Feb 20, 2014
    #21
  7. Randver
    Randver Guest
    @Upinya

    When you're comparing a PC (laptop) and console you can't compare specs and use that to base the performance on. The PC has so many variables that I can tweak performance out of that you don't have the ability to do on a console.

    I can't choose drivers, OS, boot, etc on a console. Console games don't have the in-game display options that PC games do. I'd be willing to bet I could get my Toshiba laptop with a 650 in it to run the PC version of the One and PS4 games as good.

    Better hardware doesn't make up for a poorly optimized OS, drivers or games.
     
    Randver, Feb 20, 2014
    #22
  8. THE PRIS0NER
    THE PRIS0NER Guest

    Resolution Does Matter. Don't Kid Yourself It Doesn't.

    given the choice of 720p vs 1080p... no one will pick 720p. Having said that look at RYSE. It looks stellar. It's easily one of the best looking games that I've ever played. I own PC, PS4 and a ONE.

    Which brings me to my next point. It's pretty but it sucks. Too much emphasis is put on graphics and not enough on developing compelling gameplay experiences. On the flip side of that. Halo has never been better looking then COD or Battlefield but I always
    preferred it. Why? Simply put it's more fun.
     
    THE PRIS0NER, Feb 20, 2014
    #23
  9. [quote user="Saber Sh4dow"]

    im really interested in what the steam box is gonna be like?

    [/quote]

    It's a PC in a HTPC case running on Steam OS with Steam Big Picture.

    Seriously. It's just a PC.
     
    Unreal Warfare, Feb 20, 2014
    #24
  10. dedicated gaming rig where you can put up to gtx780s or future cards in, alot better then a console.
     
    U Go 6 FT BeLOW, Feb 20, 2014
    #25
  11. StrangerJim
    StrangerJim Guest
    Graphics do make a game better but when you have to inspect screen shots to see the slight differences between the XB1 & PS4 version of a game they don’t matter. By the way I'd rather have Dead Rising 3 at 720 with thousands of zombies and no load times
    over a 1080 P version with half the zombie count and load zones.
     
    StrangerJim, Feb 20, 2014
    #26
  12. Next gen should be able to do 1080p.

    I'm worried that the One can't seem to achieve this like the PS4 can. I am am XBox fangirl but it's getting hard for me to stay cheery. I fear the Xone is underpowered and the gap between it and the PS4 will grow even larger Resolution Does Matter. Don't Kid Yourself It Doesn't. :(
     
    Pinbot Fembot 1, Feb 20, 2014
    #27
  13. Resolution Does Matter. Don't Kid Yourself It Doesn't.

    I know, my point was i have a better laptop that is almost 2 years old and has a 680m (which is a better GPU then you have) plus more system ram and more ram in the video card better processor and its slightly better then the X1 and PS4 is. SO no way yours
    which is worse then mine, is way better or even better. At best its about the same and even then i doubt it.
     
    Upinya Slayin, Feb 20, 2014
    #28
  14. If resolution doesn't matter then throw away the HD TV...

    It matters, I care because the games look better and are more immersive, it is what I want from next gen.
     
    ConanTheStrong, Feb 20, 2014
    #29
  15. StrangerJim
    StrangerJim Guest
    Pinbot There's a lot more to graphics then a set resolution. Do you think "Octodad" in 1080p looks better then Rise at 900? Don't worry XB1 can make games at 1080p but most of not all of the currently released XB1 games were pushed out to hit the release
    date using the old SDK (Development kits). MS has released a newer SDK that developers have said makes development easier.
     
    StrangerJim, Feb 20, 2014
    #30
Thema:

Resolution Does Matter. Don't Kid Yourself It Doesn't.

Loading...
  1. Resolution Does Matter. Don't Kid Yourself It Doesn't. - Similar Threads - Resolution Does Matter

  2. monitor and xbox resolution question

    in XboX Insiders
    monitor and xbox resolution question: i’m getting a 1440p monitor soon and i’m wondering if there will be any worse performance in terms of frames if i set the resolution to 1440p? submitted by /u/Own-Helicopter8382 [link] [comments]
  3. Minecraft Resolutions & Aspect Ratio

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Resolutions & Aspect Ratio: Hello Iam Ammar. my screen resolution is 1280×1024 which is 5:3 or 4:3 so i need to change the aspect ratio to 16:9 because the hand of the player isnt showing fully and it is annoying and the...
  4. Why is my xbox one s 1080p and 720p resolutions working

    in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my xbox one s 1080p and 720p resolutions working: Hi, on my xbox one s the 1080p resolution won't work at all, and I try to change it to 720p it works for a little bit but there is no sound then it stops working. The resolution is stuck on...
  5. Xbox Cloud Gaming Needs support intergraded settings on Fortnite Regarding Resolution and...

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Cloud Gaming Needs support intergraded settings on Fortnite Regarding Resolution and...: Hello folks, I'm writing this to get the attention of the Xbox developers or engineering team hoping they'll make and implement these important changes. Firstly we're missing touch controls with...
  6. Series S Issues - Gray Flickering Screen, Sound Loss, Display Resolution Resets - Intermittent

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S Issues - Gray Flickering Screen, Sound Loss, Display Resolution Resets - Intermittent: Hi all, Per the subject line, we have a newish Series S purchased in December that we are having intermittent issues with. Every once in a while the screen will flicker all gray, then eventually...
  7. Using stretched resolution on xbox and not be blurry

    in XBoX on Windows
    Using stretched resolution on xbox and not be blurry: hello, i’m trying to use stretched resolution on my xbox series X and it in-fact does work it’s just super blurry. i’m on a 16 inch ultra gear monitor and not on a tv. is there a way to fix the...
  8. I need some help fixing my Xbox resolution, it shows red over black color, I haven’t been...

    in XBoX on Windows
    I need some help fixing my Xbox resolution, it shows red over black color, I haven’t been...: I need some help fixing my Xbox resolution, it shows red over black color, I haven’t been able to fix it since and I was wondering if anyone has the answer 5b835aef-dfd0-45e4-aa50-36b810972615
  9. Resolution dropped to 640*480

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Resolution dropped to 640*480: Suddenly the video setting drop to 640*480 and only if I replace the input to HDMI its can be changed to 1440 max resolution. What is the problem please ?? I cant use 4k settings because of that....
  10. How can I change the resolution of my Xbox gameplay on my PC using the game bar?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I change the resolution of my Xbox gameplay on my PC using the game bar?: I used to be able to change the resolution, but now it is stuck on 720p, and there is nowhere to change it. I have heard there is a 'captures' tab where i can alter it, but i dont have it. i have...