Resetting a specific puzzle with a glitched cloud save for Microsoft Jigsaw, without losing...

Discus and support Resetting a specific puzzle with a glitched cloud save for Microsoft Jigsaw, without losing... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've asked this a couple of times and each time it's like a bot is answering. If you're going to offer advice, please read this properly and actually... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AndrewJRichards, Sep 30, 2023.

1. Resetting a specific puzzle with a glitched cloud save for Microsoft Jigsaw, without losing...

I've asked this a couple of times and each time it's like a bot is answering. If you're going to offer advice, please read this properly and actually answer what I'm asking about - rather than simply telling me to just wipe the entire save game. I have no intention of losing my other progress here if I can help it.

A while back I had my laptop die on me right when a puzzle was autosaving and syncing with the cloud. In particular it's the puzzle General Burgoyne from the American History Collection on Master Difficulty. As a result, several pieces were doubled and glitched. The puzzle is completed, but the progress is listed at 99%. The duplicate pieces wont simply disappear by integrating them with the main puzzle. None of the duplicate pieces will attach to either each other or the completed puzzle. Moving the completed puzzle won't affect the individual pieces, but moving the individual pieces causes the puzzle to move.

I've completely A LOT of the puzzles on here and I don't want to wipe their progress if at all possible. I've tried looking for an option to simply reset that specific puzzle, but Microsoft doesn't seem to offer it.

Does anyone know how to edit a save game on Microsoft Jigsaw to remove the progress for a specific puzzle, at a specific difficulty, to just reset it?

Resetting a specific puzzle with a glitched cloud save for Microsoft Jigsaw, without losing... [​IMG]

:)

AndrewJRichards, Sep 30, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Resetting a specific puzzle with a glitched cloud save for Microsoft Jigsaw, without losing the rest of my progress.

Hello AndrewJRichards,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are looking for a way to edit a specific game save on Microsoft Jigsaw and you have already posted this concern twice however the issue is not resolved. Thanks for bringing your question to the forums. Our focus here is on helping with a wide variety of Xbox product and service-related issues. Most game-specific issues, like what you are describing here, need to be addressed by the developer or publisher through their sites. Let us help you get to the right place.

Based on your description there are several pieces that was doubled and glitched. This statement itself indicates an issue with this specific puzzle thus, to answer your question directly, the only way to resolve this is to reach out to the game support. We have a dedicated support for Microsoft Casual Games and you may reach out to them through this link: Submit a request – Microsoft Casual Games (zendesk.com).

As this is out of scope for us on the Xbox Forums, we are going to close the thread. If you still need assistance with an Xbox product or service, feel free to create a new thread. Thanks again for posting your question, and have a great day!

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. EzequielNeves19 Win User

Glitched cloud save for Microsoft Jigsaw

Hello AndrewRichards
    My name is Ezequiel. I'm an Independent Consultant and I'm happy to help you today. Method 1:

1. Press the Windows flag key + R, type %localappdata%\Packages and click OK.

2. Locate the Microsoft Jigsaw folder which will have a name similar to Microsoft.MicrosoftJigsaw_8wekyb3d8bbwe and open it.

3. Access the folders LocalState and then DownloadedPuzzels and delete everything in this folder.4. Press Windows flag key + R, type WSreset and click OK.

5. Try opening the game again.

If the problem persists, follow these steps:

Method 2:

Run the DISM tool:

1. Click on the start menu, type Command Prompt, when viewing the prompt, right-click on it and click on Run as administrator.

2. Type the command below and press the Enter key:

dism /online /cleanup-image /RestoreHealth

3. Restart the system and see if the problem persists.

Method 3:

If the problem still persists, create a new user profile:

1. Access the task manager through the procedures given in the first method, click File > Run new task and check the box Create this task with administrative privileges type Netplwiz and click OK.

2. Click Add and click Sign in without a Microsoft account (not recommended).

3. Click Local Account.

4. Enter a name and password that you will remember later and click Next and Finish.

5. In the list of users, select the new profile and click on Properties.

6. Click the Group Membership tab and select Administrator(Administrators Group).

7. Click Apply and OK.

8. Then access the new user profile and check if the error occurs in your new profile.

https://answers.microsoft.com/pt-br...t-jigsaw/b8ad7eb9-0071-4c08-915c-0775973773c8
  4. Mortimer14 Win User

Microsoft Jigsaw: Additional troubleshooting guide

Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Click Microsoft Jigsaw > Advance options > Reset

Worked fine for me. YAY! another month of jigsaw puzzles to solve.
  5. Enderandrew Win User

Wifi connection keeps dying. Can't use cloud saves. Can't transfer/backup offline saves.

Microsoft support just directed me to a factory reset. I expressed the concern I'd lose all my save games. They directed me to a FAQ that save games are in the cloud even without XBox Live Gold and I was redirected to a factory reset.

Guess what? I deleted my saves and post-reset, they aren't coming back.

Microsoft support just told me to delete all my save games.
  6. Garmonbozia81 Win User

Past Puzzles

Is there a specific game mode that you are referring to? You can see unfinished puzzles from Classic Jigsaw in the Recently Played section.
Thema:

Resetting a specific puzzle with a glitched cloud save for Microsoft Jigsaw, without losing...

1. Resetting a specific puzzle with a glitched cloud save for Microsoft Jigsaw, without losing... - Similar Threads - Resetting specific puzzle

2. Explorer.exe seem reset itself while playing game after having freezing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Explorer.exe seem reset itself while playing game after having freezing: It's a little confusing how I explain it, but I'll explain what I can, so this is how every time I play games that are considered heavy, such as COD Modern Warfare 2019, Ghost of Tsushima, and...
  3. Inverse ghosting after pc reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Inverse ghosting after pc reset: [img] does anyone has a solution for this? I have overdrive on the monitor & freesync on but can’t find other solutions for this and all my drivers are up to date also I am noticing that it is...
  4. Reset Series X Console, Error code 0x87DD0016

in XBoX on Consoles
    Reset Series X Console, Error code 0x87DD0016: Xbox was connected to Internet (checked as its all good)but no Apps or games would work. Tried all the usual power off/on for console and router, still nothing. All other devices were working fine...
  5. how do I reset the password for an old account that I cant access anymore

in XBoX Accessibility
    how do I reset the password for an old account that I cant access anymore: I have not really cared about this account for a long time until now but I have been trying for hours on the recovery account I have the email if you want to find out the information but since it...
  6. When doing the offline system update (OSU1) Will it factory reset on its own? If so, does...

in XBoX on Windows
    When doing the offline system update (OSU1) Will it factory reset on its own? If so, does...: I still am wondering about this E106 thing and I am just making sure that I do not want to erase my data from games. But my real question is if I do the OSU1, Will it factory reset on its own and...
  7. How to reset an Xbox series s without the PIN

in XboX Insiders
    How to reset an Xbox series s without the PIN: Just bought an Xbox off of marketplace and need help resetting it please submitted by /u/ConsequenceWild [link] [comments]
  8. If I factory reset my xbox one, will it be saved by the cloud? If so, where can you check?

in XBoX on Windows
    If I factory reset my xbox one, will it be saved by the cloud? If so, where can you check?: Hello. So one day when I was checking my Xbox (i did not use it for 3 months) A error message has came and it was the E106 error. This means that I have to factory reset my Xbox one in order to...
  9. Already did achievements (twice now) but it's like specific ones got reset?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Already did achievements (twice now) but it's like specific ones got reset?: I was playing The Walking Dead season 1 and finished it completely.. then it said I was missing all the achievements from episodes 1-3, so I just decided to redo those episodes and get the...
  10. Can I get Microsoft to reset my achievements on a specific game? I got into a modded lobby...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I get Microsoft to reset my achievements on a specific game? I got into a modded lobby...: I was playing black ops 2 and yeah a modded unlocked everything and it blows I'm trynna do the EEs and I wanted to get the achievements legit. Is there any fix? Can I contact Xbox ?...