Require sign in for Blu Ray app

Discus and support Require sign in for Blu Ray app in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My kids bypass family safety on the XBox One by putting a DVD into the slot and watching the DVD during hours they are supposed to be locked out. How... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by jader3rd, Feb 19, 2022.

1. jader3rd
    jader3rd Guest

My kids bypass family safety on the XBox One by putting a DVD into the slot and watching the DVD during hours they are supposed to be locked out. How do I configure the XBox One to require sign in for the Blu Ray app?

:)

jader3rd, Feb 19, 2022
  2. jader3rd Win User

It was not. It was set to age 6.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

As it is a fast reinstall, I would recommend you uninstall the app, until you’re ready to use it and then reinstall it
  4. XBF - Staniel Win User

Greetings Jader3rd,

Great Question!

If you go into your console settings you can setup access restrictions that go into effect when no profile is signed in. This includes limiting the Blu-Ray player.

• Sign into your console
    • Go to Settings
    • Select the Systems tab
    • Go to Access Restrictions
    All the items here go into effect when the console registers there is no profile signed in. I would recommend setting a pass key to one that only you would know and the alter the settings to block inappropriate content under the Access to content section.

You can read more on this feature here

Hope this helps and happy gaming!
  5. XBF - Staniel Win User

Quick question jader3rd,

Is the Access Restrictions set as Restricted? or is it set to something else?

The guest key program is designed to run even if no accounts are signed in.
  6. jader3rd Win User

Guest key is already setup. It does not prevent this. Blu Ray player still runs, even though no one is signed in as guest.
Thema:

1. Require sign in for Blu Ray app - Similar Threads - Require sign Blu

2. How to undigitize a collection/ make the game require a disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to undigitize a collection/ make the game require a disc: Recently I've been trying to convert my (mostly digital) game collection to a physical one, but I noticed an oddity when I go to install. My process is to uninstall the digital version, and...
  3. This game requires a controller.

in XboX Insiders
    This game requires a controller.: I noticed last night when I went to play Vampire Survivors on my Series X, when the game stated I got an Xbox prompt telling me the game requires a controller to play it. At first I thought, well...
  4. I updated the Xbox app already, and it still says "Application update required"

in XBoX on Windows
    I updated the Xbox app already, and it still says "Application update required": It told me to update the app, which is what I did, but when I opened the app again, it still says "Application update required," i opened it a few times again, still says that message, is there a...
  5. New mtn dew xbox promotion only requires 350 caps for a series x

in XboX Insiders
    New mtn dew xbox promotion only requires 350 caps for a series x: So apparently there's another mtn dew promo going on where it only takes 350 cap codes to get a series x. I won last year's custom series x and probably average 3 a day and have several coworkers...
  6. We were how can i talk to someone when it requires a sign in and we cant since the hacker...

in XBoX Accessibility
    We were how can i talk to someone when it requires a sign in and we cant since the hacker...: We were hacked how can i talk with someone as sign in is required and the hacker changed our log in info a81bca5a-485b-4561-be60-c0036345a5ad
  7. Unable to play games with GamePass that require Xbox live sign in (PC) - We couldn't sign...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to play games with GamePass that require Xbox live sign in (PC) - We couldn't sign...: Any time I attempt to sign into a GamePass game, I am met with the error "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live (0x80070520)" I am able to sign into the Xbox app with my Xbox live account without...
  8. Cannot Sign Into Gamebar Or any other services that require xbox sign in using a app named...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot Sign Into Gamebar Or any other services that require xbox sign in using a app named...: The popup that Grey Xbox app gives me goes white for about a minute until it says "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live. Sorry something went wrong. try again in a while. (0x89235107)" This same...
  9. When did Microsoft require a sign in for purchased games?

in XBoX Accessibility
    When did Microsoft require a sign in for purchased games?: So I had been playing Persona 5 Royal and it got taken off GamePass. So I went and bought a physical copy and got this error message... "Sign in to start this app. You need to be signed in to...
  10. Signing in - parent consent required for the parent account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Signing in - parent consent required for the parent account: My son's x-box account is asking for a parent consent. When I try to log in to my account, it is also asking for parent consent. When I enter my email address, and then the password, it is...