Request: The ability to map the “share” button to a mute functionality

Discus and support Request: The ability to map the “share” button to a mute functionality in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Please? It would be insanely appreciated! submitted by /u/tnel77 [link] [comments] Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/tnel77, Dec 30, 2020.

1. /u/tnel77
    /u/tnel77 Guest

Please? It would be insanely appreciated!

submitted by /u/tnel77
    [link] [comments]

/u/tnel77, Dec 30, 2020
  2. iRayDawg Win User

new xbox media remote

The new media remote has the ability to control your tv functions such as on/off, volume up/down, mute and tv input. I hope that little bit of info will help you out.
  3. Mister Maka Win User

A LITTLE ATENTION HERE PLZ

Hey there RavnusLock.

Thanks a ton for dropping by the Xbox Forums to share this! Awesome to see his gameplay of Overwatch on Xbox One! Currently we do not offer controllers specifically developed for this with disabilities, but we do offer the ability to change button mapping via
    the
    Xbox Accessories App
    . Hopefully changing the button mapping assists with some of his Xbox gaming!

Again, thanks a ton for sharing Mateus and if you have any questions on how to remap buttons, let us know :)
  4. SeanPride Win User

Wireless Mic

Here are a few things to consider:

1. 1. Two beeps will confirm that you have changed the mute setting. If you hear high-pitched beeps and then low-pitched beeps, the mute function is not turned on. If you hear low-pitched beeps and then high -pitched beeps, the mute function is not turned
      off.
    2. 2. Check that the voice function is not muted in the Xbox Guide. To do this, press the Xbox Guide button, select Personal Settings, and then select Voice.
    If these steps do not fix the problem, you may need to contact Xbox Customer Support about replacing your headset.
  5. The Kleaner Win User

Disable Xbox Controller Buttons…Again as a default function

Hello Sun,

Thank you for your reply.

1. Currently in the consoles settings you can choose the 4th option down, devices & connections.accessories..

2. From there select the first option, accessories.

3. This takes you to the Xbox Accessories menu.

4. Select “controller - configure.

5. You will be brought to a screen in which you can swap/change button functions.. For example, my profile is currently set to reverse the functions of my ‘B’ button and my stick click. When I click my right stick button, it registers as a ‘B’ button push.

Note, this function works, No problem.

Request/Problem - DISABLE BUTTON FUNCTION.

1. Settings will let you change/swap button functions but you CANNOT DISABLE a button function in its current state.

I have owned an Xbox elite v1 controller and 3 elite v2 controllers unfortunately they kept breaking so I’ve retuned them all. However, I want to point out. While using an elite controller, if you go to the Microsoft accessories tab YOU CAN DISABLE buttons on an elite controller.

I remember being able to disable button on standard controllers before the elite v1 was introduced. When I asked this same question a year ago, the independent advisor told me the same thing. This used to be a standard function. When he checked for the ability to disable buttons he was really surprised, it was gone.

Since returning all my Elite controllers I’ve replaced them with 2 Microsoft authorized/certified PRO controllers. A razer Wolverine and eswap-s controller. If team Xbox and Phil Spencer want to keep this function/ability exclusively for ‘Pro’ Controllers that’s fine, but be fair about it. I’ve bought multiple 1st party controllers that (I could disable button s) but had issues and they failed very quickly. I’m still investing in ‘Pro’ controllers that are authorized 3rd ’party products. Why don’t your 1st and 3rd party Devi es have parity? Both 1st and 3rd cost about the same,…in some cases the 3rd party is actually more expensive.

To summarize.

1. Xbox 1st party elite controller can disable and/or swap button presses.

2. Xbox Standard 1st party controllers can swap functions but not doable them.

3. Authorized Xbox 3rd party controllers match 1st party standard controllers. They can swap/change button functions but not disable button functions.

4. Authorized Xbox 3rd party ‘Pro’ controllers are restricted to the same function as 1st and 3rd party standard controllers. They can only swap button functions. There is no way to disable button function.

The ability to disable button functions used to be a standard feature, for all controllers. All I’m asking is to have the ability to disable buttons be added back into the controller menu. If team Xbox want to keep that ability restricted to pro controllers, that’s fine but don’t penalize/exclude 3rd party controllers. As I mentioned, some 3rd party controllers are more expensive than the elite.

I’m just asking to get back what originally was a standard function for ALL CONTROLLERS a few year back.

Please add the ability to DISABLE BUTTON FUNCTION back into the hands of the players.
  6. Smwutches Win User

issues with live.

there might be able way through the share a game function that ive heard about but never used myself
    The ability to share is limited to 1 console. So it won't work across both consoles.
Thema:

1. Request: The ability to map the “share” button to a mute functionality - Similar Threads - Request ability map

2. I’m currently in beta mode, and unable to see chat requests

in XboX Insiders
    I’m currently in beta mode, and unable to see chat requests: I’m unable to see any chat requests; I’ve restarted my console, manually logged out and back in, factory reset my console (while keeping installed content), and disconnected the WiFi then...
  3. Xbox Requests: Week of June 21st, 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Requests: Week of June 21st, 2024: Xbox Requests: Capturing all your ideas, across all of Xbox, every week! From PC gaming to Xbox consoles, and everything in between, if you have an idea or feature request that you want to share...
  4. Friend request not working Xbox one s

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friend request not working Xbox one s: My friend on Xbox is playing Minecraft I requested to play with them they invited me to play them my account say I don't have friends playing so even though we are friends on Xbox I try to add...
  5. How to request for replacement controller without a serial number?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to request for replacement controller without a serial number?: I bought the Xbox with Microsoft Complete Warranty. I registered the Xbox console but not its controller. Never had issues until the controller could not be turned on one day. Knowing I could...
  6. Xbox Requests: Week of June 14th, 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Requests: Week of June 14th, 2024: Xbox Requests: Capturing all your ideas, across all of Xbox, every week! From PC gaming to Xbox consoles, and everything in between, if you have an idea or feature request that you want to share...
  7. Tell the Forza Moderators to Stop banning people just for Requesting the Aventador

in XBoX on Windows
    Tell the Forza Moderators to Stop banning people just for Requesting the Aventador: Me and other random people are banned in Forza Forums just for requesting the Aventador Roadster, many people wanted the car added and voted for it to make it to the top, but they were removed....
  8. Xbox Requests: Week of June 7th, 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Requests: Week of June 7th, 2024: Xbox Requests: Capturing all your ideas, across all of Xbox, every week! From PC gaming to Xbox consoles, and everything in between, if you have an idea or feature request that you want to share...
  9. Xbox Requests: Week of May 31st, 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Requests: Week of May 31st, 2024: Xbox Requests: Capturing all your ideas, across all of Xbox, every week! From PC gaming to Xbox consoles, and everything in between, if you have an idea or feature request that you want to share...
  10. Request for Apple TV App Support on Xbox Series X in South Korea

in XBoX on Windows
    Request for Apple TV App Support on Xbox Series X in South Korea: Dear Microsoft Teams, I hope this message finds you well. I am a customer based in South Korea, enjoying both Apple TV+ and the Xbox Series X. I am writing to bring to your attention an issue...