request refund of Xbox Live purchases

Discus and support request refund of Xbox Live purchases in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Hello, How can I receive a refund of my purchase of Xbox Live Membership? It states at... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by StriatedMallard, Jun 10, 2014.

1. request refund of Xbox Live purchases

Hello,

How can I receive a refund of my purchase of Xbox Live Membership? It states at

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/xbox-live-membership/live-faq?icid=furl_livefaq

"Q: Will I be able to cancel my Gold membership?

A: Yes. With the Xbox One and Xbox 360 updates now available, Xbox Live Gold members who have purchased a paid membership before June 4, 2014 and activated that membership before June 30, 2014, can cancel and receive a pro-rata refund of any unused remaining
    days between the date of cancellation and the date their paid Gold membership ends. Cancellation and pro-rata refund requests must be made by August 31, 2014 and require six to eight weeks for processing. Free or trial Gold memberships are not eligible for
    a refund. To request your pro-rata refund, please click Contact Us | Xbox Support.***"

I called and asked for a refund. They stated they could not refund due to the fact that I purchased from a third party. I would like to receive a refund. It does not say anything about having to have purchased directly from Microsoft in the published
    note above.

Thanks!

:)

StriatedMallard, Jun 10, 2014
  2. XBF Chris J
    XBF Chris J Guest
    new game

Did you purchase this digitally through the xbox? If so you can request a refund here :

Request an Xbox digital product or subscription refund

For future reference, Games that require Xbox live will tell you in the overview, "REQUIRES XBOX LIVE GOLD, SOLD SEPARATELY."

Hope this helps!

XBF Chris J, Jun 10, 2014
  3. RandyAU93
    RandyAU93 Guest
    i need refund

You may request a refund via
    Xbox Live Support
    or by reviewing your recent purchases at the
    Microsoft Account
    site. Go to your recent purchase history (under Payments & billing). If the product is eligible for a refund, a link labeled "request a refund" will appear next to the item.

You can also try
    this page
    to submit a request. Keep in mind, however, that not all products can be refunded.

RandyAU93, Jun 10, 2014
  4. request refund of Xbox Live purchases

StriatedMallard hey there request refund of Xbox Live purchases :)

I would imagine that only the billing team (via phone support) can grant refunds and if they have denied you due to the above reasons, then that would be at their sole discretion.

At the foot of the page you have linked to, it does say that :

*** All refunds must be requested at the same time through customer support (i.e., one refund request per customer). Proof-of-purchase documentation may be required. Microsoft reserves the right to deny any refund request that it deems to be fraudulent.

Although it doesn't openly suggest that you must purchase from Microsoft directly, the disclaimer is there. I would imagine this prevents users from purchasing cheaper 3rd party memberships and receiving a refund from Microsoft, more than the value of the
    cheaper purchase. This method could be deemed as fraudulent, though that is just my best guess for this scenario and I am by no means accusing you of this.

My advice would be to contact phone support again and point this out to them for more clarity and understanding.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks,

Cloud

Mark Sherwood, Jun 10, 2014
  5. Treesa X Win User

Charged twice

Xbox live purchases often give a payment error, so you try again only to find out the first attempt did NOT error, but the charge was valid. So... this happened to me and I called support and they denied my refund request because I had two refund requests in the past. Ive been on xbox live 14 yrs and 2 refund requests disqualifes me from being refunded for an Xbox error?? This "error" issue on xbox live purchases has been ongoing and appears to be a double payment trap. Beware!! Check to see if you were charged before trying again when you get an error at payment
  6. XBF Chris J Win User

new game

Did you purchase this digitally through the xbox? If so you can request a refund here :

Request an Xbox digital product or subscription refund

For future reference, Games that require Xbox live will tell you in the overview, "REQUIRES XBOX LIVE GOLD, SOLD SEPARATELY."

Hope this helps!
  7. Mark Sherwood Win User

StriatedMallard hey there :)

I would imagine that only the billing team (via phone support) can grant refunds and if they have denied you due to the above reasons, then that would be at their sole discretion.

At the foot of the page you have linked to, it does say that :

*** All refunds must be requested at the same time through customer support (i.e., one refund request per customer). Proof-of-purchase documentation may be required. Microsoft reserves the right to deny any refund request that it deems to be fraudulent.

Although it doesn't openly suggest that you must purchase from Microsoft directly, the disclaimer is there. I would imagine this prevents users from purchasing cheaper 3rd party memberships and receiving a refund from Microsoft, more than the value of the
    cheaper purchase. This method could be deemed as fraudulent, though that is just my best guess for this scenario and I am by no means accusing you of this.

My advice would be to contact phone support again and point this out to them for more clarity and understanding.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks,

Cloud
  8. RandyAU93 Win User

Hello

9. RandyAU93 Win User

Late payment

You will need to discuss this with
    Xbox Live Support
    . You may also be able to get a refund on your paid subscription by submitting a refund request

at this site
Thema:

1. request refund of Xbox Live purchases - Similar Threads - request refund Live

2. i requested a refund of dark souls 1 because it was not opening no matter what i tried and...

in XBoX on Windows
    i requested a refund of dark souls 1 because it was not opening no matter what i tried and...: i can provide proof of this if needed in video form aaef1a84-9f48-4c12-8cc2-a6bd6c150470
  3. Refund Request- Can i escalate

in XBoX on Windows
    Refund Request- Can i escalate: is there anyway to speak to someone regarding my refund which was meant to take 30 days and were now nearly at 4 months? I had money taken out via my phone bill that was nothing to do with me,...
  4. Why is my refund request still on approved?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my refund request still on approved?: I requested a refund for a game and it was approved, however I still own the game and my money was not returned. 55a81890-f857-4742-91b8-92f5fef4a478
  5. Can I resubmit a refund request? Xbox denied me my refund(within 14 days barely played)

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I resubmit a refund request? Xbox denied me my refund(within 14 days barely played): My roommate bought a game on our shared system using my account and card on accident. So they say at least. Point is I want a refund but xbox denied it but doesn't say why. I would prefer to talk...
  6. I requested a refund but haven’t received

in XBoX on Windows
    I requested a refund but haven’t received: I had requested a refund on 1/10/24 and I haven’t received it yet. I want to know why I haven’t gotten it yet something like has never occurred before! It was also accepted...
  7. Can I request a refund for xbox live gold subscription?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Can I request a refund for xbox live gold subscription?: Is there away to get a refund on my xbox live gold subscription? It's only been 5 days since it renewed 499b13c0-7286-4e68-b86b-2c30facd44c2
  8. how to request refund of the Live gold?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to request refund of the Live gold?: I bought using a gift card but now I want a refund 31de99bb-b233-493e-b730-d75e8b39be9a
  9. How do I request a refund for a game that is free for live gold but charged?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I request a refund for a game that is free for live gold but charged?: I have Xbox Live Gold pass. Yesterday I claimed a game which is provided by Live Gold, but instead it was charged from my credit card. Looked into my billing history from account.microsoft.com,...
  10. Xbox Live Refund Request

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Refund Request: [Mod removed] Back in November 2014, I purchased a 1-month subscription on Xbox Live, to be able to play online in Halo 4. I purchased this subscription with my Paypal account on my Xbox console;...