Request for a free gamertag change. (ticket #[Mod Removed])

Discus and support Request for a free gamertag change. (ticket #[Mod Removed]) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My gamertag was changed without warning (I understand they do not have to notify you) and I was forced to re-download my profile in order to play... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ScaryJoey396169, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Request for a free gamertag change. (ticket #[Mod Removed])

My gamertag was changed without warning (I understand they do not have to notify you) and I was forced to re-download my profile in order to play games. My gamertag was "TheKittyFondler" and I understand how that can be relatively
    offensive now that I've re-read the code of conduct. Also in reading the code of conduct, nowhere does it say 'the user must pay for the forced gamertag to be changed'. I've spoken to Xbox Live Support Team member Tedd T. and he has posted notes in
    my account regarding this issue.

:)

ScaryJoey396169, Jun 5, 2014
  2. Gamertag question?

You can easily change your Xbox Live gamertag. If your gamertag was created for you during your initial Xbox Live sign-up (meaning, you did not choose your gamertag), you can change the gamertag once for free. Additional Xbox Live gamertag changes cost extra

This [MOD REMOVED] site says we all GET ONE FREE CHANGE!!!!! But it's
    [MOD REMOVED]
    . I can't change mine. [MOD REMOVED]

bryan bodycount, Jun 5, 2014
  3. derrickb75
    derrickb75 Guest
    Dark Souls code

Support ticket code: [Mod Removed]

Thank you for expediting this request.

derrickb75, Jun 5, 2014
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

You didn't have to pay for a forced name change.Your tag was changed from the offending one to the one you have now for free.You don't get to pick the gamertag when you are issued a forced name change.

If you want to change it again then you will have to pay.

Please do not post reference numbers on the forums either.

Daft Badger, Jun 5, 2014
  5. I never wanted to change it in the first place, so I wouldn't call this a 'free' change on my end. Also, I was told to put the ticket number in the subject field by the staff member. The same staff member also told me that the enforcement team can issue
    these types of things through email contact. If there is a more direct way of contacting the enforcement team (which seems necessary at this point) please feel free to inform me on how to do so.

ScaryJoey396169, Jun 6, 2014
  6. Dirty Loco
    Dirty Loco Guest
    [quote user="ScaryJoey396169"]I never wanted to change it in the first place[/quote]

You did break the rules by creating your original tag. MS would not allow you to keep that name, so the name was changed by force. It has nothing to with what you want.

Dirty Loco, Jun 6, 2014
  7. You're taking what I said out of that context. I personally don't see "TheKittyFondler" as a really offensive name and in the terms it's not really defined as a name that's against the rules. I just think it's ridiculous that they don't give you a chance
    to change free of charge.

Also kind of 'odd' that after two years of no problem with my gamertag, a week after posting on the forum I get a forced tag change. Like I said, if there's any way to contact the enforcement team directly I would gladly do so.

ScaryJoey396169, Jun 6, 2014
  8. WPAK
    WPAK Guest

Hi there,

For any Inquiries about account suspensions, forced Gamertag changes, console bans, and other enforcement actions you will need to post in the forums here:

forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx

It's the only place where you get response from the Enforcement team.

WPAK, Jun 6, 2014
  9. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    You can post in the forum WPAK linked but you will only get told the same thing.

Daft Badger, Jun 6, 2014
  10. The same thing happened to me that happened to him. My gamertag is now it's basically like i wasted my $10 because I can't change it from pretty in unless I pay again.

PrettyCub341470, Jun 6, 2014
  11. xTye
    xTye Guest
    PrettyCub, that's what happens when you choose a gamertag that is in violation.

12. SoaR Cizmuhh
    SoaR Cizmuhh Guest
    Just accept the fact that your gamertag was force changed and that you have to pay to change it again. Just because the Code of Conduct doesn't state it is offensive, does not mean it's not offensive. They still have rules outside of the Code of Conduct.
    Deal with it and continue playing Xbox. It's nothing to get upset about.

SoaR Cizmuhh, Feb 22, 2017
  13. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

I would think that after 3 years to op has accepted that by now.

Daft Badger, Oct 31, 2018
  14. Dirty Loco Win User

[quote user="ScaryJoey396169"]I never wanted to change it in the first place[/quote]

You did break the rules by creating your original tag. MS would not allow you to keep that name, so the name was changed by force. It has nothing to with what you want.
  15. ScaryJoey396169 Win User

I never wanted to change it in the first place, so I wouldn't call this a 'free' change on my end. Also, I was told to put the ticket number in the subject field by the staff member. The same staff member also told me that the enforcement team can issue
    these types of things through email contact. If there is a more direct way of contacting the enforcement team (which seems necessary at this point) please feel free to inform me on how to do so.
  16. Daft Badger Win User

I would think that after 3 years to op has accepted that by now.
  17. xTye Win User

PrettyCub, that's what happens when you choose a gamertag that is in violation.
  18. PrettyCub341470 Win User

The same thing happened to me that happened to him. My gamertag is now it's basically like i wasted my $10 because I can't change it from pretty in unless I pay again.
Thema:

1. Request for a free gamertag change. (ticket #[Mod Removed]) - Similar Threads - Request free gamertag

2. Request for free DLC’s for older Call of Duty games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Request for free DLC’s for older Call of Duty games: Dear Xbox, I was wondering if you can make these older Call of Duty DLC’s free for a limited time only (Including CoD Supply Drops)? From Call of Duty 4 to Call of Duty Advanced Warfare on Xbox...
  3. demande pour libérer le gamertag d'un compte inactif[Translation-request to free the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    demande pour libérer le gamertag d'un compte inactif[Translation-request to free the...: Le Gamertag que je veux est utilise par un compte qui n est pas actif 0g etc l utilisatreur ne l utilise pas [Translation-The Gamertag I want is used by an account that is not active 0g etc l...
  4. Demande de skin XBOX GRATUIT sur Fortnite [Mod Translated - Request for FREE XBOX skin on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Demande de skin XBOX GRATUIT sur Fortnite [Mod Translated - Request for FREE XBOX skin on...: Bonjour, J’aimerais savoir s’il serais possible d’obter pour avoir plus de skin fortnite gratuit vu que j’ai remarquer que beaucoup de plateforme sorter leur propre skin et que Xbox n’auriez peut...
  5. How do I request a refund for a game that is free for live gold but charged?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I request a refund for a game that is free for live gold but charged?: I have Xbox Live Gold pass. Yesterday I claimed a game which is provided by Live Gold, but instead it was charged from my credit card. Looked into my billing history from account.microsoft.com,...
  6. Is it possible to request any old free 48 trials or 1 month trials available? Or when is free ...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible to request any old free 48 trials or 1 month trials available? Or when is free ...: just trying my luck on obtaining any free trials so i can play. Bin too broke and dont know when free play days are. so i was wondering if anyone out there in the xbox world could hook it up...
  7. I made a request of $ 5.00 as it was for free in microsoft rewards and a few days ago it has ...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I made a request of $ 5.00 as it was for free in microsoft rewards and a few days ago it has ...: Detalhes 46575d13-28a9-4977-b2d5-d8f0233cf139
  8. Free request

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Free request: I would Like to Have A 100$ GiftCard for Free Becuase I feel Like I been a Valuable Customer in Your Guys Enviorment And A Helpful Person to Help me and Fix Out solutions Not on my own with you...
  9. Free Xbox One Request for review.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Free Xbox One Request for review.: Hi I'm Ashay Chowdhury from Surat India. This message is for Microsoft.I have always fantasized about owning a Xbox One console.But I cannot afford one currently as I'm already planning to buy a...
  10. Free Gamertag change request (My gamertag was force changed)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Free Gamertag change request (My gamertag was force changed): My gamertag was recently force-changed. I would be alittle upset if I had to pay to change it to something else considering I was allowed to have the name before for a while. I was told to post...