Request for a 'delete cloud save data' option for PC users

Discus and support Request for a 'delete cloud save data' option for PC users in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I understand that there is no option to delete corrupted save data from the cloud for PC users. This means I am unable to complete The Evil Within 2.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by GrahamSilvester, Oct 21, 2023.

1. Request for a 'delete cloud save data' option for PC users

I understand that there is no option to delete corrupted save data from the cloud for PC users. This means I am unable to complete The Evil Within 2. If I reset the app, it deletes the local data, but then starting it up it just tries and fails to load the corrupted cloud data. Presumeably it was saving as it crashed.

Unfortuneately the dialogue to chose local/cloud data does not appear if you alt+tab, but appears after you close the hanging app.

I have taken a backup of the local save. If I switch off the network, I can play the local save but obviously I am then offline so I lose access to the bonus content, and I am awaiting voip calls, so this is not an option.

Please Microsoft fix this issue so that we can delete corrupt cloud data like they can on Xbox.

:)

GrahamSilvester, Oct 21, 2023
  2. Nkosana23 Win User

I am glad. Make certain to have multiple local save files, to avoid losing your game progress.

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.
  3. GrahamSilvester Win User

Thankyou for the response. However I tried this as soon as I managed to run it offline: I reconnected the net, saved the game but it does not change its state: the cloudsave still blocks me running it online. I don't think the app notices that you have reconnected.
  4. GrahamSilvester Win User

I started it offline and switched it online when I got to the menu. About 40 minutes later, it suddenly switched to the cloud/local save dialogue. Selecting local overwrote the corrupt save on the cloud and I can now start the game online.

A little patience was what was required.

Thanks again.
  5. Nkosana23 Win User

Try opening the game on offline mode. Before accessing anything on the game, after the game start clip/tutorial, then turn back the network. Wait a few mins before proceeding to make certain the network is now connected. You should be prompted to select which save to proceed with. Then you will select local storage. Then it should be used to overwrite the cloud save.
  6. Nkosana23 Win User

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor, happy to assist you today.

You can start your game offline, then connect to the network while game is in progress. The cloud cloud save will be replaced by the current progress on the game. I hope this helps resolve your query.
Thema:

1. Request for a 'delete cloud save data' option for PC users - Similar Threads - Request 'delete cloud

2. I’m currently in beta mode, and unable to see chat requests

in XboX Insiders
    I’m currently in beta mode, and unable to see chat requests: I’m unable to see any chat requests; I’ve restarted my console, manually logged out and back in, factory reset my console (while keeping installed content), and disconnected the WiFi then...
  3. Xbox Requests: Week of June 21st, 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Requests: Week of June 21st, 2024: Xbox Requests: Capturing all your ideas, across all of Xbox, every week! From PC gaming to Xbox consoles, and everything in between, if you have an idea or feature request that you want to share...
  4. Friend request not working Xbox one s

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friend request not working Xbox one s: My friend on Xbox is playing Minecraft I requested to play with them they invited me to play them my account say I don't have friends playing so even though we are friends on Xbox I try to add...
  5. How to request for replacement controller without a serial number?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to request for replacement controller without a serial number?: I bought the Xbox with Microsoft Complete Warranty. I registered the Xbox console but not its controller. Never had issues until the controller could not be turned on one day. Knowing I could...
  6. Xbox Requests: Week of June 14th, 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Requests: Week of June 14th, 2024: Xbox Requests: Capturing all your ideas, across all of Xbox, every week! From PC gaming to Xbox consoles, and everything in between, if you have an idea or feature request that you want to share...
  7. Tell the Forza Moderators to Stop banning people just for Requesting the Aventador

in XBoX on Windows
    Tell the Forza Moderators to Stop banning people just for Requesting the Aventador: Me and other random people are banned in Forza Forums just for requesting the Aventador Roadster, many people wanted the car added and voted for it to make it to the top, but they were removed....
  8. Xbox Requests: Week of June 7th, 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Requests: Week of June 7th, 2024: Xbox Requests: Capturing all your ideas, across all of Xbox, every week! From PC gaming to Xbox consoles, and everything in between, if you have an idea or feature request that you want to share...
  9. Xbox Requests: Week of May 31st, 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Requests: Week of May 31st, 2024: Xbox Requests: Capturing all your ideas, across all of Xbox, every week! From PC gaming to Xbox consoles, and everything in between, if you have an idea or feature request that you want to share...
  10. Request for Apple TV App Support on Xbox Series X in South Korea

in XBoX on Windows
    Request for Apple TV App Support on Xbox Series X in South Korea: Dear Microsoft Teams, I hope this message finds you well. I am a customer based in South Korea, enjoying both Apple TV+ and the Xbox Series X. I am writing to bring to your attention an issue...