Repurchase a game as a gift

Discus and support Repurchase a game as a gift in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought a digital game for myself, but I would like to purchase it again as a gift. Is this possible? 52206bb5-d792-4fed-bd11-2443449bcc6d Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ryan Breaux, Nov 25, 2022.

1. Ryan Breaux
    Ryan Breaux Guest

I bought a digital game for myself, but I would like to purchase it again as a gift. Is this possible?

:)

Ryan Breaux, Nov 25, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Ryan

Yes, you can gift a game no matter if you already own it.
    You can do it using the Xbox.com website or the Microsoft store in your device

You should be able to see a little gift or card icon next to the “install” or “you already own this” option
    If your not able to see it, select the little three dots button instead
    You should be able to see something live “purchase as gift”
  3. Smwutches Win User

Rainbow a Six Siege Deluxe Edition

In-game content does not always share and is usually only given to the person who bought the game. You could try refunding the purchase and then repurchasing the game as a gift for your brother or, if it's available, buy the missing content as a gift for
    him.
  4. JoshRoop Win User

Purchased on a deal was told to wait on refund deal no longer exists need help getting the games back I bought

I recieved my refund already. Wanted to repurchase them so i can gift them. The last time i did not pirchase as a gift so i didnt have the codes. I coild not repurchase them at that moment because it said i already owned them.
  5. AidanG1 Win User

Rainbow a Six Siege Deluxe Edition

In-game content does not always share and is usually only given to the person who bought the game. You could try refunding the purchase and then repurchasing the game as a gift for your brother or, if it's available, buy the missing content as a
    gift for him.
    The thing with that is that the ubisoft workers i talked to said that it should’ve transfered because im on xbox.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Gift received from friend in Canada

Gifting through Xbox is region locked. Your friend would need to refund the purchase and repurchase from a site that sells US codes.
Thema:

1. Repurchase a game as a gift - Similar Threads - Repurchase game gift

2. Do you have to repurchase disc games on series s?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do you have to repurchase disc games on series s?: I’m on Xbox one s currently and I am thinking about switching to series s, I have a lot of disc games, if I switch do I have to rebuy those games in digital form?...
  3. Minecraft Account Migration, need to repurchase game???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Account Migration, need to repurchase game???: Just migrated my Minecraft Account from Mojang to Microsoft. I am getting the Glowstone Error from the Windows 10 edition (which I purchased in 2019). The minecraft launcher says I do not own...
  4. Repurchase a game in another Region.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Repurchase a game in another Region.: I downloaded a digital game for my 360 in the US (Saints Row 2). I deleted it and want to download it in Mexico. My account shows that I already purchased it and I cannot re purchase it. My region...
  5. forced to repurchase game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    forced to repurchase game: I decided to redownload a game I got several years ago, but it said that I do not own said game. it also seems like I am not the only one having this problem. I have seen other posts of people...
  6. Xbox Making Me Repurchase Games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Making Me Repurchase Games: Just got a Series X a few weeks back. Great system, I love it. Got my account transferred over, my extended storage works wonderfully...but some of my games/DLC need to be repurchased...****?? I...
  7. If I buy a all digital console do I need to repurchase the games I own on disc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I buy a all digital console do I need to repurchase the games I own on disc?: I have a day one exclusive xbox one and thought it might be time for an upgrade. I own most of my games and disc. Im really worried that i might have to buy my games again and lose all my progress...
  8. Do you have to repurchase games on the Xbox Series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do you have to repurchase games on the Xbox Series X?: If you already own a game, do you have to repurchase it on the Xbox Series consoles to get all the frame rate and graphical upgrades? For example, I own Gears 5 for the Xbox One, would I have to...
  9. Xbox Series-S I have repurchase a game I already own?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series-S I have repurchase a game I already own?: Just writing in here because I just finished setting up my Xbox Series-S and just finished transferring a game I already own and it looks like I have to repurchase a game I already own? Is this...
  10. asking me to repurchase a game when reinstalling on a new xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    asking me to repurchase a game when reinstalling on a new xbox one: i purchased call of duty modern warfare for my xbox one. i have recently upgraded to the xbox one s. when i go to download the game from my games and apps on the console it is visible but only...