Replacing Primary Account Alias with an Outlook Account that is being used for “Account...

Discus and support Replacing Primary Account Alias with an Outlook Account that is being used for “Account... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello All, Like many others, my primary alias for my Xbox account is no longer valid. I am wanting to use an Outlook account that I currently have as... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by AndrewGarciaXF, Nov 8, 2023.

1. Replacing Primary Account Alias with an Outlook Account that is being used for “Account...

Hello All,

Like many others, my primary alias for my Xbox account is no longer valid. I am wanting to use an Outlook account that I currently have as an “Account Verification” email as my new Primary Alias. I noticed that when I click to remove this new Outlook account as a account verifier, it says it can’t be used again.

I am looking for clarification on if I remove this new Outlook account from account verification, can it be used as a primary alias?

:)

AndrewGarciaXF, Nov 8, 2023
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Replacing Primary Account Alias with an Outlook Account that is being used for “Account Verification”?

Hi Andrew! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Microsoft primary alias. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

It's important to note that this is a public user-to-user community forum, and none of us here work for Microsoft.

Based on the information I've gathered, if you remove an alias that's an email address from a Microsoft domain (like @hotmail.com, @live.com, @outlook.com, or @msn.com), you're permanently deleting the alias and it can't be associated with any Microsoft account again.

Also, there seems to be no option to restore the removed Outlook email again to your Microsoft account.

You may also check these links for reference:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us... 1 Go,the alias you no longer need. See More.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-account-761a662d-8032-88f4-03f3-c9ba8ba0e00b

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

TRansfering xbox account

Hi Robert,

The system won't let you add an alias that is already being used by another Microsoft account. In this case, you have two Microsoft accounts and you want your Gmail to be associated with your Xbox Live account and not the Outlook address. Since you cannot
    transfer your Xbox Live profile from one account to another, you would first need to free up your Gmail from your other account, if you then want to add it as your primary alias for your Microsoft account which has the Xbox Live profile.

First, you need a create an alternate account to replace the Gmail on the Microsoft account using the email. Add the new email account as an alias and then you should be able to remove your Gmail as an alias from that account. Then, sign in with your Outlook
    account at https://account.microsoft.com/profile/ and add your Gmail address, which should no longer be an alias on another Microsoft account because you replaced it with
    the new email address you created. Once it is added, you can then make the Gmail as the primary sign in email and remove the Outlook if you wish to do so. Just keep in mind that this will permanently delete that Outlook email address.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.
  4. XBF George L Win User

기본별칭을 hotmail.com 이메일로 변경 할 방법이 있나요? (Mod Translation: Is there a way to change my default alias to hotmail.com email?)

Hello!

Unfortunately a Microsoft Account can only have one primary account alias. Since Hotmail.com email addresses are already existing Microsoft Accounts they can not be used to replace existing alias'. You can create a new Outlook.com email to set as your primary
    alias.

Hope this helps
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox live account email

Hey Oliver,

If the email you want to use as your primary alias is currently being used on another Microsoft account, then it cannot be used. The only way you can use it is if you free it up as the primary alias from the account it's being used for and that would require
    you to create a new email. Either way, you may end up having to create another email anyway if you want to disassociate your dads email as the primary alias from the account that you use so that you can still have a primary alias to choose from because an
    account needs at least one alias.

As mentioned earlier keep in mind if a Microsoft first party email is removed from an account as an alias, then the email itself will be not be able to be added as an alias going forward. Only outlook can be used again but only after 30 days.

Your dad may be affected in logging into his Microsoft account because the account you are using is technically his and all you will be doing is making his email a secondary email or a backup. You can make it so that you can also sign in using your Dad's
    email, but essentially you will still be sharing the same account, just the emails were switched around from the primary and secondary.

Pretty much all the information you need is on the link provided earlier, but I wanted to explain it a little further.
  6. steeledwand7664 Win User

How to transfer accounts

Basically you can change the email associated with that old account but would not be able to use your current outlook account to do it you can either create a new outlook account or use another non MS server email account (google, yahoo, ISP) that is not
    already a MS account and add it to the old account and then make that email the primary alias and remove your dads old email from the account.
Thema:

Replacing Primary Account Alias with an Outlook Account that is being used for “Account...

1. Replacing Primary Account Alias with an Outlook Account that is being used for “Account... - Similar Threads - Replacing Primary Account

2. How to request for replacement controller without a serial number?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to request for replacement controller without a serial number?: I bought the Xbox with Microsoft Complete Warranty. I registered the Xbox console but not its controller. Never had issues until the controller could not be turned on one day. Knowing I could...
  3. Does my replacement controller get a fresh 12 month warranty?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does my replacement controller get a fresh 12 month warranty?: Hi, I started having stick-drift issues with my controller. It was still under warranty so I got a replacement last July (11 months ago). Having the same issues again, the same direction on the...
  4. Hi there! My left bumper isn't responding and I would like to know how I could replace my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi there! My left bumper isn't responding and I would like to know how I could replace my...: It presses every say, 7 clicks and I looked inside the controller and it's not dirty. 7d1f9fb5-7216-4241-95c8-0996a0e0f2d8
  5. Xbox Housing / Case replacement

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Housing / Case replacement: Hi All, we have a xbox series x and i wanted to clean a mark on the outside and the cleaning product rubbed away some of the cover off and left a mark. The Xbox is working fine it hasnt caused...
  6. I was sent a broken replace controller for my series 2 elite controller, and I can't get a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I was sent a broken replace controller for my series 2 elite controller, and I can't get a...: My Xbox elite controller series 2 was out of warranty, so I decided to order in a replacement, however as soon as I powered on the replacement controller I realized the Right Bumper is completely...
  7. will my controller get replaced or repaired

in XBoX on Consoles
    will my controller get replaced or repaired: i have the Xbox Starfield themed controller and i was wondering if i sent it in (to fix a problem like stick drift) would they repair it or replace it with the same Starfield themed controller or...
  8. Can my controller be replaced if warranty repair didn't work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my controller be replaced if warranty repair didn't work?: I have Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 that was supposed to be repaired using the warranty repair for power/battery issues, but even after the repair the controller is still have having power...
  9. Xbox gamepad replacement issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox gamepad replacement issue: My Xbox gamepad has developed a drift issue, and I'm not sure what category to select for replacement. Is it normal that 'wireless controller' isn't listed? (translate)...
  10. How do I get a refund/replacement on a customized controller that I never received?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get a refund/replacement on a customized controller that I never received?: I purchased a personalized Elite Wireless Controller Series 2- Complete Bundle on March 15th 2024. I received an email stating it was shipped on March 22nd, then another email stating it was...