Replacing fried windows10 hard drive.

Discus and support Replacing fried windows10 hard drive. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My windows 10 hard drive is fried. I am unable to get anything off of it and of course it will not boot up. I have a new 500 GIG SSD I wish to replace... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ruko_2000, Nov 20, 2023.

1. ruko_2000
    ruko_2000 Guest

My windows 10 hard drive is fried. I am unable to get anything off of it and of course it will not boot up. I have a new 500 GIG SSD I wish to replace it with. How do I do the replacement?

Thanks

:)

ruko_2000, Nov 20, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

if you are going to purchase the windows key, I recommend you do not purchase the OEM keys which are cheaper, but locked to the original computer that you install them on, as they are intended to be included with prebuilt systems. I recommend You should buy the open license that will enable you to install it on whatever device you choose in the future and that is about 20 or $30 more expensive, but in my experience worth it
  3. ngocphi Win User

Do you have recovery disk ? Or usb if not you need to take it to a store fyi buy a Windows disk.it's cheaper

You can usually buy a backup install from the manufacturer if laptop or a name.brand pc

If a no name.pc you have ro take it back to the shop or just buy a Windows disk from BestBuy etc
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Do you have recovery disk ? Or usb if not you need to take it to a store fyi buy a Windows disk.it's cheaper

You can usually buy a backup install from the manufacturer if laptop or a name.brand pc

If a no name.pc you have ro take it back to the shop or just buy a Windows disk from BestBuy etc
    You don't need to a Windows license, at least not initially. You can install a bog standard Windows 10 or 11 without a license key, all you need is the media with the copy of Windows on it. Most PCs don't have optical drives anymore, so it has to be a USB flash drive.

The best way to do it is from another PC or laptop by using the Windows Media Creation tool.

Windows 10 or 11 without a license key isn't customisable, you can correct that later with an activation purchase. It'll still work without an activation though.
  5. KILLERHEDAKE Win User

hard drive

Also, there is always a chance the HDD is fried, in which can a replacement will need to be purchased or just use a thumb drive (Up to 16gb) for the time being.
  6. wow antman Win User

crunching noise when inserting disc and not reading

Your disc drive is fried. You need to call xbox support and have a replacement sent to you, just like the rest of us with the same problem.
Thema:

1. Replacing fried windows10 hard drive. - Similar Threads - Replacing fried windows10

2. How to request for replacement controller without a serial number?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to request for replacement controller without a serial number?: I bought the Xbox with Microsoft Complete Warranty. I registered the Xbox console but not its controller. Never had issues until the controller could not be turned on one day. Knowing I could...
  3. Does my replacement controller get a fresh 12 month warranty?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does my replacement controller get a fresh 12 month warranty?: Hi, I started having stick-drift issues with my controller. It was still under warranty so I got a replacement last July (11 months ago). Having the same issues again, the same direction on the...
  4. Hi there! My left bumper isn't responding and I would like to know how I could replace my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi there! My left bumper isn't responding and I would like to know how I could replace my...: It presses every say, 7 clicks and I looked inside the controller and it's not dirty. 7d1f9fb5-7216-4241-95c8-0996a0e0f2d8
  5. Xbox Housing / Case replacement

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Housing / Case replacement: Hi All, we have a xbox series x and i wanted to clean a mark on the outside and the cleaning product rubbed away some of the cover off and left a mark. The Xbox is working fine it hasnt caused...
  6. I was sent a broken replace controller for my series 2 elite controller, and I can't get a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I was sent a broken replace controller for my series 2 elite controller, and I can't get a...: My Xbox elite controller series 2 was out of warranty, so I decided to order in a replacement, however as soon as I powered on the replacement controller I realized the Right Bumper is completely...
  7. will my controller get replaced or repaired

in XBoX on Consoles
    will my controller get replaced or repaired: i have the Xbox Starfield themed controller and i was wondering if i sent it in (to fix a problem like stick drift) would they repair it or replace it with the same Starfield themed controller or...
  8. Can my controller be replaced if warranty repair didn't work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my controller be replaced if warranty repair didn't work?: I have Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 that was supposed to be repaired using the warranty repair for power/battery issues, but even after the repair the controller is still have having power...
  9. Xbox gamepad replacement issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox gamepad replacement issue: My Xbox gamepad has developed a drift issue, and I'm not sure what category to select for replacement. Is it normal that 'wireless controller' isn't listed? (translate)...
  10. How do I get a refund/replacement on a customized controller that I never received?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get a refund/replacement on a customized controller that I never received?: I purchased a personalized Elite Wireless Controller Series 2- Complete Bundle on March 15th 2024. I received an email stating it was shipped on March 22nd, then another email stating it was...