Replacement for defective Microsoft bluetooth keyboard/mouse under warranty

Discus and support Replacement for defective Microsoft bluetooth keyboard/mouse under warranty in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I bought the Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard/mouse combo from Bestbuy Canada which is under warranty. The keyboard suddenly started giving issues with... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by anup rathi, Jan 5, 2023.

1. anup rathi
    anup rathi Guest

I bought the Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard/mouse combo from Bestbuy Canada which is under warranty. The keyboard suddenly started giving issues with dysfunctional keys. Bestbuy won't replace it since I didn't purchase an extended warranty. They asked to claim a warranty directly from the manufacturer which is Microsoft.

I couldn't find any support on this.

Could some one help?

Anup

:)

anup rathi, Jan 5, 2023
  2. Jason Guer Win User

Hello anup rathi

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have an issue getting a replacement to your defective keyboard and you wanted to know if it is under warranty from Microsoft as the manufacturer of the accessories. Let’s work together in finding the best resolution to this issue.

I made research and found a Microsoft article in regard to this matter. The content of the link is you need to sign in using your Microsoft account, then register your keyboard to see the warranty, if it is granted then you will the step as well on how to order. You may access the link below.

Click here: Manage devices used with your Microsoft account - Microsoft Support

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. anup rathi Win User

Hello,

I tried doing that but I couldn't register my device using a serial number. In fact 'Microsoft Bluetooth mouse and keyboard' didn't even appear in the list of devices that can be registered.

Can you please help

Anup
  4. Jason Guer Win User

Hello anup rathi

Hope you are doing fine today!

My apology for the inconvenience that have caused you with this matter. Since you don't have any option to register your device. In order to be qualified for the replacement. Let me refer you instead to our live support and they will do it for you and do further investigation about the issue.

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the lists.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    Hope you understand!

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Thomas Murray_19 Win User

XBOX Elite controller Series 2 stick Drift

How does that make sense? I was sent a defective device. Is it standard protocol to replace a broken device under warranty with another broken device?
  6. ngocphi Win User

how do i connect keyboard a mouse to xbox cloud gaming

To connect a keyboard and mouse to Xbox Cloud Gaming, you will need to have a compatible device that supports Bluetooth or USB connectivity. Here are the steps to connect your keyboard and mouse:

1. Turn on your keyboard and mouse and make sure they are in pairing mode.

2. On your Xbox Cloud Gaming device, go to Settings > Devices & accessories > Accessories.

3. Select "Add Bluetooth or other devices" and choose either "Bluetooth" or "USB" depending on the type of connection you are using.

4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the pairing process.

Once your keyboard and mouse are connected, you should be able to use them to play games on Xbox Cloud Gaming. Note that not all games may support keyboard and mouse input, so be sure to check the game's documentation or support page for more information.
Thema:

1. Replacement for defective Microsoft bluetooth keyboard/mouse under warranty - Similar Threads - Replacement defective Microsoft

2. How to request for replacement controller without a serial number?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to request for replacement controller without a serial number?: I bought the Xbox with Microsoft Complete Warranty. I registered the Xbox console but not its controller. Never had issues until the controller could not be turned on one day. Knowing I could...
  3. Does my replacement controller get a fresh 12 month warranty?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does my replacement controller get a fresh 12 month warranty?: Hi, I started having stick-drift issues with my controller. It was still under warranty so I got a replacement last July (11 months ago). Having the same issues again, the same direction on the...
  4. Hi there! My left bumper isn't responding and I would like to know how I could replace my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi there! My left bumper isn't responding and I would like to know how I could replace my...: It presses every say, 7 clicks and I looked inside the controller and it's not dirty. 7d1f9fb5-7216-4241-95c8-0996a0e0f2d8
  5. Xbox Housing / Case replacement

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Housing / Case replacement: Hi All, we have a xbox series x and i wanted to clean a mark on the outside and the cleaning product rubbed away some of the cover off and left a mark. The Xbox is working fine it hasnt caused...
  6. I was sent a broken replace controller for my series 2 elite controller, and I can't get a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I was sent a broken replace controller for my series 2 elite controller, and I can't get a...: My Xbox elite controller series 2 was out of warranty, so I decided to order in a replacement, however as soon as I powered on the replacement controller I realized the Right Bumper is completely...
  7. will my controller get replaced or repaired

in XBoX on Consoles
    will my controller get replaced or repaired: i have the Xbox Starfield themed controller and i was wondering if i sent it in (to fix a problem like stick drift) would they repair it or replace it with the same Starfield themed controller or...
  8. Can my controller be replaced if warranty repair didn't work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my controller be replaced if warranty repair didn't work?: I have Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 that was supposed to be repaired using the warranty repair for power/battery issues, but even after the repair the controller is still have having power...
  9. Xbox gamepad replacement issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox gamepad replacement issue: My Xbox gamepad has developed a drift issue, and I'm not sure what category to select for replacement. Is it normal that 'wireless controller' isn't listed? (translate)...
  10. Replacement elite controller also defective and I can't return or exchange it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Replacement elite controller also defective and I can't return or exchange it: The Elite 2 controller I bought 2 ish years ago had the right bumper stop working. I discovered that was a fairly common issue and I went to file a warranty claim, alas it had expired. I was given...