Renewal of Activision's contract/license with Hasbro

Discus and support Renewal of Activision's contract/license with Hasbro in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was wondering that with Microsoft's purchase of Activision-Blizzard, that they could potentially renew Activision's license with Hasbro to create the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by StevenPierce3, Jan 31, 2022.

1. Renewal of Activision's contract/license with Hasbro

I was wondering that with Microsoft's purchase of Activision-Blizzard, that they could potentially renew Activision's license with Hasbro to create the Transformers games such as War for Cybertron & Fall of Cybertron. If this were to happen, I ask that Microsoft remaster some of the Transformers games, specifically War for Cybertron & Fall of Cybertron, & put them on all gaming platforms & also revive all online servers for the games along with new online servers for the remasters. Any Microsoft staff that reads this, please take this into consideration. Thanks!

:)

StevenPierce3, Jan 31, 2022
  2. Nursemorph Win User

It would really depend on whether there is enough demand to justify the countless $millions that would be needed to relicence them all...and to remaster them as well.

Even if it were to happen, you'd probbly be looking at late 2024, maybe even later before anything happened given MS won't complete the takeover of AB until mid-2023 and it would then take time to sort out
  3. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey StevenPierce3, how are you today? Hope you're well.

That would be great indeed. :)

Let's hope it happens haha. o/
  4. CrookedGamer09 Win User

transformers war of cybertron for the xbox 360 which I bought 2012

Hi addictgaming360,

I understand your frustration with your situation. Please remember however that Xbox Ambassadors are only here to help and assist you.

As far as I’m aware, Hasbro (the owner of the Transformers brand) confirmed that its contract with Activision to publish Transformers games ended in 2017. This resulted in all Transformers games being removed from Xbox, PlayStation and Steam marketplaces.

Could a fellow Xbox Ambassador back me up on this? There have been instances where a game, due to licensing issues, even when purchased can be unavailable to download if completely removed from the marketplace?

Reference:

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/01/11/why-activisions-transformers-games-are-no-longer-available-digitally?amp=1
  5. Smwutches Win User

Transformers foc xbox one

Since Activision let their licenses expire, it's highly unlikely unless they renew them or someone else picks them up.
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

Incredible Hulk 2008 Backwards Compatibility Issues.

The backward compatibility program is currently suspended with no guarantee of resuming

I would assume any licensed game, such as sports, movies or music, will not make the trip dies to expired licenses. Renewing them is simply too expensive, and many deals specify platforms in the contract.
Thema:

1. Renewal of Activision's contract/license with Hasbro - Similar Threads - Renewal Activision's contract

2. Hi can someone help me why my microsoft account with my minecraft account when i renewed...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi can someone help me why my microsoft account with my minecraft account when i renewed...: I will be thankful if someone help me 20bf3002-6f31-428d-94f5-1a5ca37323bc
  3. Game pass renewal unsuccessfull but funds were deducted :(

in XBoX on Windows
    Game pass renewal unsuccessfull but funds were deducted :(: Tthe automatic billing service deducted 79 rand from my account but today I recieved an email stating that the payment was unsuccessfull. I no longer have the funds to renew my subscription as the...
  4. I renewed my Games Pass Ultimate but it won't let me play online

in XBoX on Consoles
    I renewed my Games Pass Ultimate but it won't let me play online: I renewed my subscription, but anytime I play a game that requires online, it pops up the choose your plan screen but instead of showing plans it says "no available offers" but this screen...
  5. Can't renew my Xbox Game Pass subscription

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't renew my Xbox Game Pass subscription: I tried so many times to renew my subscription but got this message Something happened on our end. Wait 24 hours and try again Please help . 663dcfb1-7a5f-4c3c-b2c0-524cc4a492d3
  6. DayZ won’t play after renewing GamePass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DayZ won’t play after renewing GamePass: My GamePass expired Jan 5 2024. Jan 10 I bought DayZ (for Livonia) and a 6 month subscription to GamePass Ultimate. Now when I try to log onto any server it takes me to a GamePass screen and says...
  7. Xbox Says that I need to renew Game Pass subscription for a game that I already own on disc.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Says that I need to renew Game Pass subscription for a game that I already own on disc.: I have an Xbox 1s, and when I try to put in my Star Wars Battlefront game disc to play multiplayer it says "Looks like you need to renew EA play. If your subscription is current, try quitting and...
  8. Minecraft (Windows) Realms Plus says Expired, but it is set to auto-renew and I have paid...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft (Windows) Realms Plus says Expired, but it is set to auto-renew and I have paid...: When I sign into Minecraft (Windows), my Minecraft Realm Plus says it has Expired, but I have been autopaying it for months. When I look at the billing, it has been charged every month and I have...
  9. Why can’t I play a game I own, it says I need to renew game pass but I have the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play a game I own, it says I need to renew game pass but I have the game: I played r6 through game pass, I decided to buy the game then I went to go on it after playing and it said I need to get game pass, I have tried uninstalling r6 rendering my Xbox and nothing is...
  10. Now that Xbox owns Activision could Microsoft try to renew the deal with Hasbro for the War...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Now that Xbox owns Activision could Microsoft try to renew the deal with Hasbro for the War...: Xbox a major complaint that people bring up is the lack of variety in the Xbox gamestore that's why the transformers war and fall of Cybertron series should be looked after for you people because...