Removing the disk drive on the new Series X is a terrible idea

Discus and support Removing the disk drive on the new Series X is a terrible idea in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Microsoft plans to refresh the Series X in 2024 with a new design which eliminates the disk drive. Stating this as plainly as possible, removing the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/TiberiusWoodwind, Sep 20, 2023.

1. Removing the disk drive on the new Series X is a terrible idea

Microsoft plans to refresh the Series X in 2024 with a new design which eliminates the disk drive. Stating this as plainly as possible, removing the disk drive from the consoles is a slap in the face to anyone who has bought games on disk for the system or any legacy systems. This is akin to Apple removing the headphone jack on the iPhone. Your customers, the people who have bought your products, now get left with a shelf of garbage. Without a doubt, the convenience of digital download is great and I imagine it will continue to see significant use. But removing the disk drive when people already own physical copies of games is disrespectful to those customers who lose access to their collection.

The new console design is plenty big enough to accommodate a disk drive. The company should aim to do right by its long time customers and respect the collections of games they have purchased over the years. This happened with Nintendo across many of its systems, players getting told "Sorry, that cartridge doesn't work in this new console". Playstation managed to carry over legacy games across at least a couple systems. Please aim to do better than your competitors because right now you are looking at sunsetting technology that was MADE for the current console.

submitted by /u/TiberiusWoodwind
    [link] [comments]

/u/TiberiusWoodwind, Sep 20, 2023
  2. jevgeni polujanov1 Win User

I do have the current Xbox Series X with the disk drive will I need the Digital Xbox Series X without the disk drive when it will announced and released yes or no?

Gerardo Upgrade to the New Digital Xbox Series X or stick with current Xbox Series X the one with disk drive on the physical one ?

Yours sincerely Jevgeni
  3. ngocphi Win User

why was a batch of backwards compatible xbox games delisted recently????

Huh the series x has a disk.drive

You do know there are 2 consoles right

The clearly digital only xbox series s and the disk and digital xbox series x

Only the ps5 is planed as modular diskless with optional disk drive

There was never announcement of xbox changes
  4. Shaggy2000 Win User

Just Dance on Xbox Series X

Considering the Kinect doesn't work with the Xbox One X without the use of an adapter (which Microsoft no longer makes), I highly doubt Microsoft will suddenly make it work with the Xbox Series X.

Kinect is dead and should stay dead, it was a terrible idea for the Xbox One and its still a terrible idea.
  5. Justin Klocko Win User

Friend bought me a game through gifting and it’s a series s/x game. I have a series s but it won’t download and says incompatible with this device

I traded my one slim in for a series s. As it doesn’t have a disk drive. That’s the reason I didn’t get the series x
  6. ngocphi Win User

Has anyone else had issues trying to download the Hogwarts legacy Deluxe Edition on their Xbox series S?

What is the full name of your console

.does it have disk drive

If it is the xbox one S or have a dislikes drive that's not the series s

Xbox.One games don't have a s or x requirement

They are just xbox one

Series consoles are xbox series s/x no one's in the name
Thema:

Removing the disk drive on the new Series X is a terrible idea

1. Removing the disk drive on the new Series X is a terrible idea - Similar Threads - Removing disk drive

2. How can I remove the keyboard and mouse future????

in XboX Insiders
    How can I remove the keyboard and mouse future????: Guys can someone tell me how I can remove the keyboard and mouse future in Xbox cloud gaming browser I really need to fix this help me eeewe submitted by /u/Inside-Bar1951 [link] [comments]
  3. Remove the ‘click or tap here to continue’ when streaming my gameplay, and streaming that...

in XBoX on Windows
    Remove the ‘click or tap here to continue’ when streaming my gameplay, and streaming that...: This question has been asked before, but there is still no update and the Answers by the 'expert' were not even applicable to the XBox app, stating many options that just aren't available. Has...
  4. How do I remove Friends Tab from XBox PC app?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I remove Friends Tab from XBox PC app?: It takes up screen real estate and I do not want it, use it, or need it. I do not do friends gaming, do not want anything but my private gaming. Tab is annoying and useless for me. [img]...
  5. Remove the suspension and the ban on the my xbox account from the reinforcement team?

in XBoX on Windows
    Remove the suspension and the ban on the my xbox account from the reinforcement team?: The reinforcement team did suspend and banned my account on the Xbox and I cant sing in and out on the my account on the Series X and I cant acess and enter the features off it and Xbox Live on...
  6. After removing my Xbox insides to clean it out I’ve forgotten to put back 2 out of 8 screws...

in XBoX on Consoles
    After removing my Xbox insides to clean it out I’ve forgotten to put back 2 out of 8 screws...: cleaning out my Xbox and I forgot to screw back in 2 nails. I should be fine with just 6 holding it in place right? 821dfc9d-ef83-4f2c-b71e-f12bd13f4a36
  7. Who tf thought it was a good idea to remove Friends In Game?

in XboX Insiders
    Who tf thought it was a good idea to remove Friends In Game?: Reeks of “boss says I had to think of something new so this is what I came up with” submitted by /u/JeremyUsbourneWebb [link] [comments]
  8. Minecraft account removed from microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft account removed from microsoft account: As of today, I was signed out of the official minecraft launcher AND multiMC. Signing in to both mojang and my microsoft account in my browser, it is showing I do not even own the game? I have...
  9. Anyone know why are these screenshot getting removed from the Xbox network? They're only a...

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone know why are these screenshot getting removed from the Xbox network? They're only a...: So I went onto the xbox app to download some screenshot and noticed an alert symbol next to 2 of the images and it says it will be deleted from the Xbox Network today and I don't know why. I took...
  10. I see an extra disk on lenovo vantage named MSFT XVDD. How do i remove this?

in XBoX on Windows
    I see an extra disk on lenovo vantage named MSFT XVDD. How do i remove this?: I have deleted the game but it is still there. 65c11845-0c5c-452c-b6fc-5741d55a7d51